onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sentinel: Tranmere chief issues statement as proposal struggles to get legs in League Two

News Feed

Advert

He is an intelligent guy and turned around Tranmere after a difficult start to his ownership. The main issue that they have, and many of my friends are Tranmere supporters and I live 4 miles from Prenton Park, is they invested in the January window and had won three away games on the trot. They were rapidly closing on escaping the relegation spot and could hope to finish well clear. So if under the league's rules at the time of the transfer window, that type of change is made, it is not right that the rules are made up when the season is cancelled to relegate them using a crude points per game approach. But I think the only correct approach is to suspend relegation and allow promotions with balance restored over the next few years. That might mean more promotions to League 2 to keep it in balance from the National League. I mean if clubs are gate dependent then more games is good isn't it? Win Win. 

6 minutes ago, Warren said:

He is an intelligent guy and turned around Tranmere after a difficult start to his ownership. The main issue that they have, and many of my friends are Tranmere supporters and I live 4 miles from Prenton Park, is they invested in the January window and had won three away games on the trot. They were rapidly closing on escaping the relegation spot and could hope to finish well clear. So if under the league's rules at the time of the transfer window, that type of change is made, it is not right that the rules are made up when the season is cancelled to relegate them using a crude points per game approach. But I think the only correct approach is to suspend relegation and allow promotions with balance restored over the next few years. That might mean more promotions to League 2 to keep it in balance from the National League. I mean if clubs are gate dependent then more games is good isn't it? Win Win. 

It is how the cookie crumbles due to a unique, up to now, event. Either take the league as it stands, as Carol did, or playout the fixtures as the leagues above are doing, i know their finances are more conducive.

I am definitely not on board with the Hearts solution in Scotland. I know, we will do a complete league restructure and visit a pile of grief on a lot of small clubs in the Championship who get relegated to a lower league and a pile more hard working clubs in League 1 who get chucked to the bottom tier again whilst Cove Rangers might as well not bothered winning League 2. So any fiddling with the league structure to facilitate promotion and relegation issue resolution should not get widened into something more than that.

2 hours ago, Warren said:

Palios is somebody I liked during his brief tenure at the FA and I thought he was treated appallingly when details of his own shagging personal life were leaked to the press in a crude attempt to distract from what Sven himself was up to. However, let's not kid ourselves; his proposal starts with Tranmere not being relegated and has been reverse engineered to fit that preferred outcome.

I'm sure you don't need to explain the downside of points per game to anybody on here but you do have to draw a line somewhere and at the end of it all somebody somewhere is going to feel prejudiced by whatever gets decided.

5 hours ago, Warren said:

I am definitely not on board with the Hearts solution in Scotland. I know, we will do a complete league restructure and visit a pile of grief on a lot of small clubs in the Championship who get relegated to a lower league and a pile more hard working clubs in League 1 who get chucked to the bottom tier again whilst Cove Rangers might as well not bothered winning League 2. So any fiddling with the league structure to facilitate promotion and relegation issue resolution should not get widened into something more than that.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52941423

The new proposal is 14-14-18 with Rangers B and Celtic B in to make up the numbers.

Wonder if Palios would have B teams in the EFL if it meant Tranmere stay in League One

4 hours ago, Conrad said:

Maybe a fairer way to sort out promotions, playoffs and relegations would be to bring current form into the equation, say over the last 5/6 games.

4 hours ago, Conrad said:

Maybe a fairer way to sort out promotions, playoffs and relegations would be to bring current form into the equation, say over the last 5/6 games.

The fairest thing to go by is the League table ! 

On 06/06/2020 at 03:12, Wrex said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52941423

The new proposal is 14-14-18 with Rangers B and Celtic B in to make up the numbers.

Wonder if Palios would have B teams in the EFL if it meant Tranmere stay in League One

B Teams are the end of the world in England! Though perhaps in Scotland 60000 Celtic fans would still turn up to watch Celtic B! 

Archived