onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

29 minutes ago, stupers said:

I agree with you. I think we've softened a bit on Wozza. He played great 1st game, decent 2nd game and had 2 poor games since. But like most players, he needs good passes in to him at the right positions. There's no use giving him the ball 40 yards out on the right and asking him to do something. He's not that type of player. Make sure he's in a good position, get the ball in to him so he can make that yard of space he needs to whip a ball in. Burgess has, for me been anonymous in the 2 games he's played. I just haven't really noticed he's playing and you can't carry someone like that. I think he'll be dropped for Saturday. 

Tuesday is a big night for quite a few players to take their chance. I think it's an opportunity for players to show that they are ready to step up. Monty, in my opinion is the key to getting us going again. He's a big threat from the full-back position and can put pressure on the opposition from the left-back spot. I think the other things to work out are whether Woodhead can start, do we need more pace on the wing, and who starts up top in the middle. Could be an interesting game from that standpoint, I can't watch however as I'm at work!

Given that we’re playing pretty much Saturday Tuesday you could throw in an extra podcast on a Wednesday following the Tuesday game (time permitting of course). Just a quick half hour or less look at the game.

Also I know that the autopotdafwindscreen cup isn’t on your list of priorities but the poor performances of the last 2 weeks has potentially added something to be discussed afterward the wigan game to see how some players did. Whether you can fit that into the carlisle preview is another thing. 

Edited by PV1973

Advert

20 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Given that we’re playing pretty much Saturday Tuesday you could throw in an extra podcast on a Wednesday following the Tuesday game (time permitting of course). Just a quick half hour or less look at the game.

Also I know that the autopotdafwindscreen cup isn’t on your list of priorities but the poor performances of the last 2 weeks has potentially added something to be discussed afterward the wigan game to see how some players did. Whether you can fit that into the carlisle preview is another thing. 

I think there will be an extra pod for the league games in the week. But Bezza gets 30 seconds to review Trophy games and we're sticking to that! It's a principled stand based on the fact that none of us like the fact B teams are in the competition. Until the EFL take them out, we won't take it seriously. Two of us boycotted the Stoke game we feel so strongly about it.

I think however, we'll have a chat about the game in a bit more detail as part of the Carlisle preview. Mainly because any individual performances of note from Tuesday should impact the side on Saturday as I think we need to make changes to freshen it up a bit.

Jonny's been on holiday so we've recorded late this week. We meet our new sponsor @InplayMan to see whether he's got any tips for the Vale game at the weekend. Then we talk the Wigan game, Mitch Clark and the absurd B teams suggestion from some idiot at Manchester City. After all that, it's a Carlisle preview!

Please subscribe and pass on to your friends!

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts (Plus many more). Also here https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

And the review is out for Carlisle!

A strange formation change and lineup led to a strange game. Sitter from Rodney and a penalty miss, before Carlisle took control and won comfortably. We talk about how 4-4-2 affected the outcome, did anyone come out with any credit?

Please subscribe and pass on to your friends!

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts (Plus many more). Also here https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

Another good couple of pods - cheers! Only Brown, Clark, Monty and Worrall and Crookes to an extent had OK games.

We played like when you turn on a match halfway through, think one team are struggling a bit and then realise that team has a man sent off and are playing with 10.

• Like 1

Just managed to catch up with the Carlisle review. Thought you were pretty much spot on with your assessments. I was more inclined to agree with Stu's assessment of the first half than Johnny and Bezza's to be honest, but it should have been obvious that the midfield was testing overrun, and things should have changed at half time. Having said that, as poor as we were, we should have been 2-0 up before they scored, and had we have taken those chances we would have won the game inspire of the poor managerial decisions.
Thought you were generous to both Legge and Pope. Two senior pros who.were abysmal.on Saturday.

On 12/10/2020 at 00:33, The Hov said:

Another good couple of pods - cheers! Only Brown, Clark, Monty and Worrall and Crookes to an extent had OK games.

We played like when you turn on a match halfway through, think one team are struggling a bit and then realise that team has a man sent off and are playing with 10.

Yes I think that is fair on reflection. I too thought Monty had a decent game. But it was hard for anyone to come out with much credit from the 2nd half!

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 04:33, Smallthorne Dog said:

Just managed to catch up with the Carlisle review. Thought you were pretty much spot on with your assessments. I was more inclined to agree with Stu's assessment of the first half than Johnny and Bezza's to be honest, but it should have been obvious that the midfield was testing overrun, and things should have changed at half time. Having said that, as poor as we were, we should have been 2-0 up before they scored, and had we have taken those chances we would have won the game inspire of the poor managerial decisions.
Thought you were generous to both Legge and Pope. Two senior pros who.were abysmal.on Saturday.

I didn't think Legge had a good game. 2nd time this season I've said that (Exeter). I think hopefully they'll switch back to what they know in 4-3-3 Saturday and we push on from there.

Unsure how Salford changing manager will affect the game. Although I don't believe Alexander was doing a good job, so it could possibly only be an improvement.

I thought you were all a bit more restrained than I expected in your criticism of the game (apart from the 3 for Theo). The formation was madness on reflection and some of the individual performances were terrible, especially in that second half where we should have been pushing to win or get ourselves back in the game. Maybe the lack of home crowd is a factor? 

I think the first half was ok, not great. We played to a level where should be able to push on at half time. But the penalty miss and I think the formation played a part. When you go a goal down, you can faith that the 4-3-3 has worked before when they've been losing, so they could get back into it. Did they have the same faith in the 4-4-2 system? Who knows, but I definitely think the formation was a big factor in why we lost. My 'go-to' would be that the players are to blame if they don't play well, but I think they were put in a tough situation on Saturday. 

I think the crowd is a factor at VP. I never felt like it is, but the fans can really get behind the players and I think they have an influence on refereeing decisions. Too many managers in recent years have cited it as a factor for it not to be.

The Salford Preview is up!

We first talk about 'Project Big Picture' and how it would have affected Vale. Then Dan Trickett-Smith's departure on loan and the new revenue stream at Vale Park. After that, it's a Salford preview. They are managerless but have plenty of quality. How do you think the game will go?

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts (Plus many more). Also here https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

Just Jonny and Bez for a Cambridge review! A 3-1 defeat. Did you see good signs from the performance? Trevor Kettle was his usual self with some baffling decisions throughout the match as ever! Did Askey leave it late for subs? The lads stay honest but positive!