Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

Good pod as usual. I thought Crosby’s subs were really good actually. The way I see it is we were battering Oldham so he wanted an attacking wing back, hence Edmondson. This was proved a good decision by his assist. Then after going in front, Hussey is far better defensively than Edmondson obviously, so he brought him on to help shut up shop. This was again proved right as Hussey defended very well when coming on. Only one that didn’t work was Harratt, but I thought the other two were very inspired.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Advert:

Enjoyed today's pod. Agree with the point on Amoo, Hurst could do better than Amoo right now off the bench and he's got a contract next year. I'd rather see Hurst on the bench than Amoo after Saturday.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lads,

May I say the Pod on the Swindon 1st Leg Review was really good.

I could tell you were disappointed but you were honest and level headed .

For people like you, I hope Vale get to Wembley and win it, you really deserve it.

Keep up the Good Work Lads

UTV

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rob1983 said:

6 out 10 for smithy was generous. Bloke cost us the first goal.

Bit of a combination for that. Smiths terrible control and touch to concede the corner. Gibbo loses Mckirdey for a second and Wilson isn’t the man you want putting his head on the line on the front post either. I thought 5 for gibbo was harsh tbh, but then again probably a 6, one of our only outlets who kept going for us and was keeping their wing back in their half more than he was in ours I felt. Worrall was probably more a 4 too, really poor again. 

Advert:

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, rob1983 said:

Bit of a combination for that. Smiths terrible control and touch to concede the corner. Gibbo loses Mckirdey for a second and Wilson isn’t the man you want putting his head on the line on the front post either. I thought 5 for gibbo was harsh tbh, but then again probably a 6, one of our only outlets who kept going for us and was keeping their wing back in their half more than he was in ours I felt. Worrall was probably more a 4 too, really poor again. Garrity was ineffective in his role as well. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

I feel Garrity has really missed Conlon in the side, since Conlon’s absence he has been asked to play different roles, which he isn’t used to. 
You certainly can’t complain at the Lad’s effort though.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rob1983 said:

Smith is a out and out defender play him as one in the middle of a back 4 trying to ask him pass a ball and start attacks down the right is like asking Paverotti to run a 4 minute mile it would never happen.

• Haha 1

Advert:

Think big phils memory is going Kevin Francis didn't play against us in the playoffs first leg against Stockport. Jim Gannon scored their goal from the penalty spot.

He gave away the corner...the terrible marking cost us the goal.
Just defend the corner. Frustrating one for me. If mckirdy is going to score it should never be from a header off a corner.

Just listening to the Swindon 2nd Leg Review. 
Bezza says we got away with the Penalty regarding Mal Benning’s So Called Handball. 
I have watched the TV Replay over and over and no way is it a penalty, he is clearly outside of the penalty area.

Am I the only one with this opinion ?

Just listening to the Swindon 2nd Leg Review. 
Bezza says we got away with the Penalty regarding Mal Benning’s So Called Handball. 
I have watched the TV Replay over and over and no way is it a penalty, he is clearly outside of the penalty area.
Am I the only one with this opinion ?

I thought in the ground it was a blatant handball but outside the area. Was expecting a free kick. I've not seen it back though.

Advert:

To be honest I don't really care whether it was a penalty or not. Serves em right for all their diving. Also, people always say luck evens out over a season. Well, we've had no penalties given our way despite there being several stonewallers we should've had. They can keep their tears coming.

Thought Malv got a bit unlucky, the ball came off his foot and hit his arm. But his arms were up so in this day and age a free kick. But it was way outside the box surely? 

Anyway who cares. Great pod. Not a day for player ratings really, everyone was a 10. Who was 11 is the question. I'd go Smithy but you could name half a dozen others.

3 hours ago, toyahw said:

Thought Malv got a bit unlucky, the ball came off his foot and hit his arm. But his arms were up so in this day and age a free kick. But it was way outside the box surely? 

Anyway who cares. Great pod. Not a day for player ratings really, everyone was a 10. Who was 11 is the question. I'd go Smithy but you could name half a dozen others.

I wasn’t sure that it had hit his foot first. If that’s the case then it isn’t a foul, if the ball hits another part of a players body first then hits the arm it isn’t a free kick or a penalty which ever.

At least that was the law in 2021.

• Like 1