Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

Advert:

Not gonna lie Stu I’m pretty gutted! Loved the dynamic between you three, thanks for all you’ve done - you’ve provided me with many hours of enjoyment and cheered me up during the hell that was last season. Hope to hear you on the pod again at some point soon, and best of luck with your job. 

• Like 1

On that note, I would just like to say to all three of you in general thank you for doing the pod. Really enjoy listening to them all. It’s especially great for me to hear other thoughts on the game, as I don’t have any friends who are vale fans so it’s just me and my dad to discuss games with. 

• Like 2

Stu, thanks for the entertainment via the podcast. You and the boys kept me “alive” in 2020/21 with you preview/ reviews. 

Being in Devon, the podcast kept me in touch with my team. Enjoyed the special pods and the relaxed presentation. Bezza’s rants and Johnny’s analysis supported the pod but gave listeners the chance to argue their points.

Good luck with you new designation and  as a retired supporter, family time is important, so enjoy!!

Best regards.

• Like 1

Advert:

Brentford Review!

It's strange after a 4-1 defeat, but there were some positives to take out of the game. Sadly, entry issues for a good portion of fans made it a rough start to the afternoon for Vale. But there were some good performances within the game, against a Brentford side that looked strong and played well. We're joined by Lorne Street Steve, who gives his view of the 90mins. 

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

Good episode again, that initial bit on the turnstile issues should be sent to the club. 

I didn’t think the Benning sub was necessary (other than resting gibbo for Swindon), because I felt that he came on and was worse defensively and was at fault for 2 goals. Him  not doing his job in being the covering player (2nd goal) is something he’s let us down with before, was it Rochdale? 

Martin seems to be a bit of a scapegoat based on his past performances, but watching that first goal back and he does check his run to step out to their lad running with the ball, but it’s Cass who then also comes out as well and that frees up the lad wide to score. He should have stayed. 

Jonny completely wrong abour mbuemo he starts pretty much every game for brentford not sure where hes got hes only played 26 minutes this season from
I was thinking that when listening he must be on about another mbuemo cause he's been playing very regularly

Swindon preview! 

Another busy week of incomings and outgoings. We talk Connor Hall, Chris Hussey, Leon Legge and Scott Burgess. We also try and get to the bottom of why there's no news about the contract situations of Wozza, Smudge and Gibbo. Then we talk Swindon, why McKirdy is obviously going to score and ways for Vale to win. It's a huge game!

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

Advert:

Swindon Review

About half an hour to start on Covolan, would you believe as Vale fall to Swindon 3-1 at home. Was he 100% at fault for the outcome or were we already in trouble? We tackle the big talking point from the game, as well as giving out some match ratings. Roll on Tuesday!

Really struggling to understand the arguement that Covalon made a mistake and we should treat it the same as if he dropped the ball into the net.

Kicking someone for no reason isn't an accident. It was a stupid and malicious decision. If a motorist loses control of a car and runs someone down then that's a mistake, an accident. If they intentionally veer onto the pavement and run someone over then that's attempted murder and they should be put in prison. You can't compare the two.

• Like 1

Yeah it's the labelling of all this a 'mistake' I'm not getting. It's an intentional act he then tries to get away with. It's the furthest thing from a mistake.

His first red was a mistake, yesterday was being stupid.

• Like 1

Really struggling to understand the arguement that Covalon made a mistake and we should treat it the same as if he dropped the ball into the net.
Kicking someone for no reason isn't an accident. It was a stupid and malicious decision. If a motorist loses control of a car and runs someone down then that's a mistake, an accident. If they intentionally veer onto the pavement and run someone over then that's attempted murder and they should be put in prison. You can't compare the two.
I think that is a harsh view to take. Would you be of the same opinion everytime a player pushes someone, puts their head into the opposition or makes a horrendous challenge. These are split second decisions in the heat of the moment.

He will be banned for a number of games and the number one jersey should now be Stones to lose. I would hope that Stone is given as many errors as Covolan has before being dropped. If that does happen then Covolan will get another chance.

To sign another keeper this window would be very kneejerk especially considering most were more than happy with him 45 minutes previously.

I thought he should have been dropped when he let that shot through him months ago. He then saved a penalty and all was forgotten. DC said he shouldn't be hung out to dry and I agree, despite the fact DC kind of went on to do the opposite in his interview.
  • Like 1

Advert:

I mostly agreed with Jonny tbf. Only thing I’d disagree on is that I’d keep Stone in if he does well, as I think it’s now his place to lose. But I’m not writing off Covolan after his moment of madness, hopefully he learns from it and doesn’t do it again. He’s clearly the better keeper - only had to see Stone getting caught in no man’s land yesterday and almost getting lobbed.

6 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

I think that is a harsh view to take. Would you be of the same opinion everytime a player pushes someone, puts their head into the opposition or makes a horrendous challenge. These are split second decisions in the heat of the moment.

He will be banned for a number of games and the number one jersey should now be Stones to lose. I would hope that Stone is given as many errors as Covolan has before being dropped. If that does happen then Covolan will get another chance.

I've just never seen a goalkeeper getting sent off for kicking a player whilst safely catching a ball. It just doesn't happen. Why would it? Not even a rush of blood to the head after being sycthed down or something. Just pure madness from Covalan.

He's a good keeper but he's not good enough to justify a few sendings off a season. I'm happy to give him another chance though, as Clarke has made it clear that another stupid sending off and he's out the club.

15 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

To sign another keeper this window would be very kneejerk especially considering most were more than happy with him 45 minutes previously.

I thought he should have been dropped when he let that shot through him months ago. He then saved a penalty and all was forgotten. DC said he shouldn't be hung out to dry and I agree, despite the fact DC kind of went on to do the opposite in his interview.

kneejerk? if stones is injured, whose the keeper?????????????🤨