Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

2 hours ago, Wrex said:

He succeeded at all the clubs he's managed. Kept Barnsley up, got Bury promoted, got poached from Swindon and got Mansfield to the play-offs.

I don't think it'll hurt him that much to be called a scumbag by Pope. Okay Pope's departure might have been handled better. But it was a very difficult situation.

At Bury, he spent the money that ultimately put them in the mire. Again, spent a fortune at Mansfield. I just don't trust the bloke for some reason. Looks like the bloke who sold a hot tub to my Mrs.

One thing I find interesting is a lot of the people who don’t like the management team because they don’t trust them we’re clambering for Derek Adams… a man who did the exact same thing to Kevin Ellison and spent his entire career at Morcambe apparently applying for other jobs.

Guess it’s just what suits your narrative isn’t it!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Frig all, V2001 cheerleader. Hope that helps. 

I never said V2001 were saints, I was just concerned that it wasn't a good plan to destroy them in case they destroyed the club. The Smurf saga was brought about by those actions. It would have been better to let V2001 sell the club as a going concern but the fans did their best to deter any potential buyers, Pro Fit (?) for example. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I never said V2001 were saints, I was just concerned that it wasn't a good plan to destroy them in case they destroyed the club. The Smurf saga was brought about by those actions. It would have been better to let V2001 sell the club as a going concern but the fans did their best to deter any potential buyers, Pro Fit (?) for example. 

V2001 were never going to sell the club. They had enough offers. Who on earth are Pro Fit?

Edited by Jacko51
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

At Bury, he spent the money that ultimately put them in the mire. Again, spent a fortune at Mansfield. I just don't trust the bloke for some reason. Looks like the bloke who sold a hot tub to my Mrs.

Did she not like the hot tub?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

There was some pipe fittings company that were interested in buying but they got fed up of being spanked with emails by Vale fans so they pulled out. 

When was this?

28 minutes ago, Conrad said:

To be fair to RZ, I seem to remember this story happening.

I’m not denying it did. I was just wondering when. Was it before the EGM when two were voted off the Board?

Another ill advised interview from Pope. I think it's really unprofessional to comment on recent events, even more so when he clearly hasn't come to terms with it himself.  Very very sad behaviour again from a club legend. I certainly won't be contributing to any testimonial events ... final straw for me.

• Like 2

Listened to the first half on the pod. Really honest points from Popey and the pod team conducted it well.
Btw, travelled up to the Tranmere game from South Devon and made my first appearance in Johnny’s Microbar! 
Plum Porter consumed!!
Cracking little Ale House is Johnny's.. [emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

I really do think that the Ale and the Vale podcast crew need to take a hard look at what they have produced here. I doubt whether any Stoke or Crewe fan could have undermined the current regime as much as Tom Pope has done and they have provided the platform for him to do it. Why would Darrell Clarke play an unfit Tom Pope who was out of contract and worth nothing to the club in terms of a sell on, over Theo Robinson who he had probably earmarked as surplus but had a year on his contract? I suggest a few on here should now become Congleton Town fans and follow Tom wherever he goes, even into Scrimmies. I personally have nothing but disdain for his undignified vitriol. Are we Vale fans or what? 

• Like 7

Doesn’t reflect very well on Askey, that he supposedly lied to TP about Carol not wanting him to be captain. Carol knew nothing about it. Sounds like that was the start of TP’s mindset going downhill. 

26 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I’m not denying it did. I was just wondering when. Was it before the EGM when two were voted off the Board?

Not sure when, I think it was a company from Barton under Needwood.

• Thanks 1