Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

33 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

At Bury, he spent the money that ultimately put them in the mire. Again, spent a fortune at Mansfield. I just don't trust the bloke for some reason. Looks like the bloke who sold a hot tub to my Mrs.

Did she not like the hot tub?

• Haha 1

Another ill advised interview from Pope. I think it's really unprofessional to comment on recent events, even more so when he clearly hasn't come to terms with it himself.  Very very sad behaviour again from a club legend. I certainly won't be contributing to any testimonial events ... final straw for me.

• Like 2

Listened to the first half on the pod. Really honest points from Popey and the pod team conducted it well.
Btw, travelled up to the Tranmere game from South Devon and made my first appearance in Johnny’s Microbar! 
Plum Porter consumed!!
Cracking little Ale House is Johnny's..

I really do think that the Ale and the Vale podcast crew need to take a hard look at what they have produced here. I doubt whether any Stoke or Crewe fan could have undermined the current regime as much as Tom Pope has done and they have provided the platform for him to do it. Why would Darrell Clarke play an unfit Tom Pope who was out of contract and worth nothing to the club in terms of a sell on, over Theo Robinson who he had probably earmarked as surplus but had a year on his contract? I suggest a few on here should now become Congleton Town fans and follow Tom wherever he goes, even into Scrimmies. I personally have nothing but disdain for his undignified vitriol. Are we Vale fans or what? 

• Like 7

Doesn’t reflect very well on Askey, that he supposedly lied to TP about Carol not wanting him to be captain. Carol knew nothing about it. Sounds like that was the start of TP’s mindset going downhill. 

26 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I’m not denying it did. I was just wondering when. Was it before the EGM when two were voted off the Board?

Not sure when, I think it was a company from Barton under Needwood.

• Thanks 1

Doesn’t reflect very well on Askey, that he supposedly lied to TP about Carol not wanting him to be captain. Carol knew nothing about it. Sounds like that was the start of TP’s mindset going downhill. 
Or did she but then told him that she didn't. Why would she want him as captain after he disgraced himself and the club

4 minutes ago, dishydave said:
18 minutes ago, Doha said:

Or did she but then told him that she didn't. Why would she want him as captain after he disgraced himself and the club

If I had to choose someone lying out of Askey or Carol it’d be Askey I’m afraid. I think Carol would be honest with him about the reasons why. 

• Like 1

If I had to choose someone lying out of Askey or Carol it’d be Askey I’m afraid. I think Carol would be honest with him about the reasons why. 
If I had to choose someone lying or being mistaken out of Carol, JA or TP, it'd be TP. Just because TP has said it doesn't mean it's true. I swear if TP came out and said the earth was flat, some of you would be calling your travel agents for a trip to the edge
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dr Delgado said:

I really do think that the Ale and the Vale podcast crew need to take a hard look at what they have produced here. I doubt whether any Stoke or Crewe fan could have undermined the current regime as much as Tom Pope has done and they have provided the platform for him to do it. Why would Darrell Clarke play an unfit Tom Pope who was out of contract and worth nothing to the club in terms of a sell on, over Theo Robinson who he had probably earmarked as surplus but had a year on his contract? I suggest a few on here should now become Congleton Town fans and follow Tom wherever he goes, even into Scrimmies. I personally have nothing but disdain for his undignified vitriol. Are we Vale fans or what? 

I agree with your sentiments regarding Pope, however I wouldn’t blame Stu, Jonny or Bezza. It’s Pope who is at fault.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr Delgado said:

So a fan podcast is supposed to turn down the chance to talk to a club legend? It's not like Pope was drunk or something. He's honestly telling the truth as he sees it.

What are they supposed to do? Say "excuse me we will not entertain criticism of the current/former manager or director of football on this podcast, please keep your opinions to yourself Tom"?

People complain that modern footballers are robots that come out with clichés rather than speak the honest truth or say anything interesting or controversial. People bemoan that we don't see 'characters' in modern football. Well here's Pope, speaking his mind. I'm all for it. I think he makes himself seem silly at times but it was a fascinating listen either way. Thank you to the lads for putting this episode together.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Santa said:

I think the comment about Monty was just a clumsy choice of words. CM has been upfront about his mental health and the general point that Tom was making, about him wanting to move away for the sake of his own well-being, wasn't intended to be disrespectful. Or at least that's how it came across to me.

Correct

53 minutes ago, philmpv said:

If I had to choose someone lying or being mistaken out of Carol, JA or TP, it'd be TP. Just because TP has said it doesn't mean it's true. I swear if TP came out and said the earth was flat, some of you would be calling your travel agents for a trip to the edge

Ah okay, so for the record you're claiming that Pope made up a story about Askey telling him Carol had ordered him to take the captaincy off him? That conversation never took place and Pope just decided to lie on record for .... sorry I can't think of a reason, because he likes telling lies?

2 hours ago, Dr Delgado said:

I can see where you are coming from but then at the same time we can take some of what he said with a pinch of salt without it undermining anything