onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

I think he will play all formations and bring in the players needed to do that. 5-3-2 is just a means to an end for this season because of the slow defense he inherited. I would imagine 4-1-3-2 will be his home set up next season but who cares as long as we are winning

Advert

23 hours ago, dishydave said:

I think he will play all formations and bring in the players needed to do that. 5-3-2 is just a means to an end for this season because of the slow defense he inherited. I would imagine 4-1-3-2 will be his home set up next season but who cares as long as we are winning

I'm sure he will have players who are adaptable to both sets. I think he'll do something about a pacier centre back in the summer. Wouldn't you say though with 4-1-3-2 (Presuming the 3 is a LW, No 8/10, RW that you're leaving really short in the centre when we're making the pitch bigger? That's my main concern.

I have thought for years that we need to have a base home formation that means 3 in the middle of the park. I like 5 at the back, and I also liked the 4-3-3 Askey played (Although he was relatively inflexible beyond that). A formation with 4 at the back and 2 up front, means we either sacrifice the middle of the park or the wings. Neither seem a good option for me!

3 hours ago, stupers said:

Hey! We're talking to Ian Taylor tomorrow. Does anyone have any questions you'd like us to ask? Send them in below and I'll pick them up and include them if we can!

Thanks, Stupers. He always said the best decision he ever made was to sign for the Vale so, if you have time, ask him what the contrast was like playing for Moor Green one day and then Port Vale the next. Was the adjustment hard to make? There must have been four or more tiers difference between the two!

PS tell him we think it was the best decision he ever made as well! 🙂

Edited by CambridgeDon

Mansfield Preview available now!

Lots to talk about this week! 2 years of Carol and Kev, season tickets, fans forums, monthly awards and Monty all on the menu, with plenty to smile about. Then a quick chat about whether we can finish the season with a bang against Mansfield, who have been up and down for most of the season.

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

Thanks as well to all the people who sent in questions for Ian Taylor. It was a great time to catch him and we tried to ask him everything we had!

Mansfield Review!

A shocking game and result from Vale to finish the season. Not many coming out of the game with much credit and not many helping themselves earning a contract! We run through the game, before running through what we think Vale do with each player out of contract, and you can join in too! Listen to the list, and then tell us on Twitter, Facebook or OVF what you would do with each player. Most correct predictions gets a free pint with us at Johny's when the season starts!

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

Mansfield Review!
A shocking game and result from Vale to finish the season. Not many coming out of the game with much credit and not many helping themselves earning a contract! We run through the game, before running through what we think Vale do with each player out of contract, and you can join in too! Listen to the list, and then tell us on Twitter, Facebook or OVF what you would do with each player. Most correct predictions gets a free pint with us at Johny's when the season starts!
I think they will offer Brown, Pope and Monty a deal at much reduced rates.

16 hours ago, stupers said:

Mansfield Review!

Congratulations on your first season. It’s been an enjoyable listen throughout. It got off to a bad start in that first episode when you had Bez talking in an outside toilet half a mile from a microphone, but it’s been essential listening for me over the season. 

I think Jonny can look back with some embarrassment on the 1 he awarded to Conlon not too long ago, without the understanding of the new job the manager had asked him to do.  Describing him as dogshlt and did he also say he shouldn’t wear the shirt too? (I could be wrong on that final point). 

But overall I’ve looked forward to listening in every week and the interviews thrown in every so often have mixed it up too.  Hope you keep it going next season. 

Hahahaha that comp did not have long to run.

I just want to say thanks for a grate pod lads.

Stue pleas talk in to your mic. Some times it sounds like you are a mile away from it and then jonny and bezer are rite up in my head lol.

• Like 1