onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

Exeter preview available now!

We catch up and talk McKirdy, player criteria for new contracts and kits. There's even a competition in there! Then into the Exeter game, who aren't in the best of form but beat Salford last week to get back on track. We won the reverse fixture, can we get our 4th win on the bounce?!

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

Advert

A Exeter preview and a Harrogate preview

A sombre start as we pay tribute to Lee Collins and his time at Vale. Then into the Exeter game, a Theo goal and a 4th league win on the spin. Plenty to discuss after a good performance that should see Vale comfortably safe and looking up the table. Then we have a quick chat about Harrogate, who we play Monday and haven't won in the last 4 games. Can Vale make it 5 in 5?

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

1 hour ago, Powerline said:

Jesus Jonny’s a harsh bugger! 6 for Robinson?! Had a good game for me, easily a 7

Edit: Rodney too?! Bloody hell 😂

Shocking from Jonny. The more I listen to his scores the more I think he doesn’t properly understand what goes on in a game football and all the factors that go towards a players overall performance, both with and without the ball. I think I’m going to start to skipping that segment. 

Edited by PV1973

43 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Shocking from Jonny. The more I listen to his scores the more I think he doesn’t properly understand what goes on in a game football and all the factors that go towards a players overall performance, both with and without the ball. I think I’m going to start to skipping that segment. 

I’ll stick up for Jonny. He’s run football teams for 8 years and has played at a decent level. I don’t agree with him all the time, but he’s only saying what he’s seeing and his opinion. 

That said Robinson was harsh, and in hindsight harsh on Rodney too! 

7 minutes ago, Rory said:

Having said that Theo was good today Jonny, you ****** emoji4.png

He won the game,  snatched the ball away from a defender ,  set up the move and was then in position  for a break, then slipped  it into the net. Do that every week the shirt is his.

• Like 2

And the Harrogate review!

Another 3 points for the Vale after a game of two halves in Harrogate! Vale deal with the conditions in the first half, before making them work for us in the 2nd! And another surprise goalscorer! We reach 50 points and feel suitably safe. Who'd have thought that a month ago?! Thanks to PV1973 from OVF for his ratings!

2 hours ago, stupers said:

And the Harrogate review!

Another 3 points for the Vale after a game of two halves in Harrogate! Vale deal with the conditions in the first half, before making them work for us in the 2nd! And another surprise goalscorer! We reach 50 points and feel suitably safe. Who'd have thought that a month ago?! Thanks to PV1973 from OVF for his ratings!

Thanks for asking me. I think you could make it a semi regular thing getting someone else’s viewpoint as a counter to Jonnys. We were surprisingly  close on a lot of them too. It’s a lot harder than you think when you’re watching a game and making a note of what players are doing and then trying to formulate a score from it at the end. Especially in a game that was your typical game of 2 halves with some very contrasting performances in each half.  I didn’t actually mark Brown down, I just thought that the saves he made were routine for a keeper of his quality. I was torn between a 7 or 8 for both him and Legge but ended up plumping for 7s for those two. I think manny was really the main difference, I felt he struggled to get in the game and he was sloppy with some simple passes, not the Manny we are used to. It was the right decision to take him off. I’ll also add that when Taylor came on I felt it was a case of men against boys and even though he ran round a lot he was getting bullied a bit. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 3

Morecambe Preview!

We start with some nice words from Adam Yates about his pal Lee Collins, before having a chat about mental health and how important it is to check on your friends. Then into talk on squad sizes, finances in L2 and season tickets. Finally, we cover the Morecambe game, who haven't been in the best form recently but still lie in 5th place. Can the run continue?!

Our interview with Super Jon McCarthy is out!

It was truly amazing to spend some time with Vale's record signing Jon McCarthy who gave up his evening to go through some great memories. His unusual route in to professional football and how he ended up at Vale were the starting points. Then his time at Vale which included an amazing cup run, and a promotion charge that almost ended up with Vale in the Premier League!

Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated! The sound quality isn't great for 20 mins but we do get it fixed!

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

@stupers special pod with Bezza crying whilst listening to soft rock ballads screaming Mannys name over and over?

Yes, Bezza is recording a 2 hour special by himself with a breakdown of each of Manny's appearances, as well as a nostalgic look back at his interview on the podcast. We're never going to release it, but it helps him with the grieving process 😁

• Haha 1