Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

• 2 weeks later...
Advert:

• 3 weeks later...

We're back!

We wrap up our summer with the Euro's done. We talk about the signings that have happened since we last spoke, and how we think it all looks now we're nearing a full squad. Jonny and Bez have seem some friendly action so we get some thoughts on that. Stu finishes up with a discussion about Vale's 2019/2020 accounts that have come out in the past week!

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

• Like 3

Advert:

We're back with our way too early League 2 Preview Extravaganza!!!!!!

We're joined by Daily Star reporter and avid Valiant Alex Wood to look at the weeks news, including Tom Pope staying local, a new kit and interesting interviews with David Flitcroft and Darrell Clarke.

Then we try to go around League Two in 48 minutes (ish - More like 66!) We've doing our 1-24 predictions, combined them and count down from our predicted 24th place team all the way down to our champions! Including some players to watch, manager ratings and our 'surprise packages'! Alex's national football knowledge certainly helps!

To join in the comp, simply send us your top 7 (in order) and your bottom 2 (in order) predictions for League 2 this season either on here, Twitter or Facebook. Scoring works as follows, if you get the team's predicted league finish spot on, you get 0 points, if you are 3 places out, you get 3 penalty points. The person with the lowest penalty points wins! We'll keep track over the season!

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

• Like 2

I have a feeling Bristol Rovers might find it a bit more difficult than some are predicting, particularly early on in the season. Not saying they won’t be decent, just that nothing is ever straightforward in this league, particularly for a team that’s just come down. 

• Like 1

Advert:

6 hours ago, Santa said:

I have a feeling Bristol Rovers might find it a bit more difficult than some are predicting, particularly early on in the season. Not saying they won’t be decent, just that nothing is ever straightforward in this league, particularly for a team that’s just come down. 

I think that’s fair. Certainly from my perspective, I really like Barton as a manager and he should right the ship quickly. I expect them to be a bit like Bolton, without the big early season disaster. 

18 hours ago, stupers said:

I think that’s fair. Certainly from my perspective, I really like Barton as a manager and he should right the ship quickly. I expect them to be a bit like Bolton, without the big early season disaster. 

Taking Barton on is always going to be a gamble and it looks like it could have backfired already. The bloke can’t help but get into trouble. 

23 hours ago, stupers said:

I didn’t mention the Barton factor as it was so self evident it wasn’t worth mentioning but it obviously cuts both ways with him being, let’s say ‘complex’.

Nope, that has backfired on us quickly! I can't see how the club can keep him on, if found guilty. I'm sure Bristol Rovers would claim to be a family club, so probably can't tolerate this.

Yep for sure Barton is a gamble. My thoughts on him are that he's (excluding the current situation) probably made every mistake you could ever make as a footballer, and yet still managed to have a good career because of his commitment and his attitude at the training ground and on the pitch. Dyche always talked highly of him as a player and a person when he was at Burnley. High praise in my opinion. 

Advert:

1 hour ago, Frank Mustard said:

I'd love to know where the goals are going to come from to finish fourth or fifth??

I think Rodney will push on this season. He showed enough potential in a struggling side to show that if he can build on his raw potential then he can grab goals and assist others.

Also, I think James Wilson is a good footballer and it's time for him to get settled somewhere and bang them in. I do think we look light if one of those gets injured however.

They should be well served from Conlon, Pett, Worrall etc. I don't we'll be scoring for fun, but if we can stop them going in the other end, we've got a good chance of finishing in the playoffs. Why not? 

Really enjoyed the latest podcast - keep up the good work lads!

I'm maybe a bit more pessimistic, I think we'll finish between 11th and 14th.

I'm just not sure where the creativity is going to come from.

I can see us being workmanlike, solid and hard to beat, but our Achilles heel will be breaking down teams that put 10 men behind the ball.

I think we lack a JMW type wide player that can create something from nothing personally. But I'd like to think we won't be anywhere near a relegation battle though at any point!