Ale and the Vale Podcast

1 hour ago, MBE said:

Brilliant look forward to listening to it. 

Cheers! Lot of fun to talk to Phil and get his thoughts

Advert:

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers for the feedback. A few points here.  1) Can't help my accent I'm afraid. 2) I live in north London and very occasionally watch Arsenal with my father in law. 3) I don't know how

I know some find Clarke a bit outspoken but he's spot on about the weaknesses in the squad. It is unbalanced. We've never had a midfield physical presence since Grant left and are soft centred. No rea

Not quite sure what the point is of coming onto a thread and start sl@gging off a brilliant podcast which gives a fresh and original view on the vale. By all means, stop listening but not sure wh

7 hours ago, stupers said:

Close, Bez said keep two, Jonny and me said 4! I dpn't think most people thought it'd be 0! In fact, with the guesses off social media, 6 people said it would be 0, and 4 of them were in jest!

😎

• Like 1

Great podcast as usual, but I must pull you on something Stu ;) . A defensive mid like Joyce is a number 4 and your centre half is a 6, not the other way round!! 😜

• Like 2

Advert:

Good pod lads and enjoyed it. Maybe in the side, we need more physical presentation, particularly in midfield?

Leadership as discussed previously and possibly a little more controlled aggression. I feel we are a bit powder puff in certain areas at the moment.

• Like 1

Thanks for the grate pod boys. Stue's mic was much better and Phil is a top bloke for taking the time out of his day to do the pod with you lot. I like what he adds to the pod and hope to here him on again soon. Thanks. UTV

• Like 1

On 15/05/2021 at 07:10, Powerline said:

Great podcast as usual, but I must pull you on something Stu 😉 . A defensive mid like Joyce is a number 4 and your centre half is a 6, not the other way round!! 😜

Mate, I agree with you. But Clarke calls them 6s and 8s. Gotta go with the gaffer on this one 😂

• Haha 1

Great episode.

Bowers' comments regarding Robinson's contract being 'pretty good' is worrying. He could be content, at 31, to keep earning good money at a club not far from his Birmingham home. Clubs will undoubtedly show interest but will any of them take on a large contract for a lad with three league goals? 

Really hammers home the shambles of the striker chase last summer; strung along by Maynard for a bigger bonus, p!ss about Jamille Matt who promptly goes and scores 16 for FGR, and left overpaying for Theo Robinson who hadn't scored more than 11 in a season since 2010.

Great podcast chaps , I’ll miss bezza’s rants in the close season

Enjoyed Phil’s comments and he made some excellent player recommendations, the lad at fleetwood Jordan Rossiiter being an excellent suggestion

Advert:

23 hours ago, Joe B said:

Great episode.

Bowers' comments regarding Robinson's contract being 'pretty good' is worrying. He could be content, at 31, to keep earning good money at a club not far from his Birmingham home. Clubs will undoubtedly show interest but will any of them take on a large contract for a lad with three league goals? 

Really hammers home the shambles of the striker chase last summer; strung along by Maynard for a bigger bonus, p!ss about Jamille Matt who promptly goes and scores 16 for FGR, and left overpaying for Theo Robinson who hadn't scored more than 11 in a season since 2010.

Good post, and definitely interesting to hear Phil talk about Robinson, as I heard that he was one of the top earners at the club. It's going to be hard to shift him now. I think we'll be paying him a least a percentage of his wage until the end of next season even if he goes. 

It was a foolish deal. That's the problem with falling for one player (Maynard) who has clearly shown that money is the most important factor to him (Not saying he's wrong to do this, each to their own). They're always going to take the best offer and make you wait around. Sometimes it's just best to take a guy who actually wants to play for you, over a perceived 'better' player.

20 hours ago, vale victory said:

Great podcast chaps , I’ll miss bezza’s rants in the close season emoji23.png

Enjoyed Phil’s comments and he made some excellent player recommendations, the lad at fleetwood Jordan Rossiiter being an excellent suggestion

Don't worry, we've still got a season review to do with Baggers! Plenty of time for ranting on that one.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, stupers said:

Good post, and definitely interesting to hear Phil talk about Robinson, as I heard that he was one of the top earners at the club. It's going to be hard to shift him now. I think we'll be paying him a least a percentage of his wage until the end of next season even if he goes. 

It was a foolish deal. That's the problem with falling for one player (Maynard) who has clearly shown that money is the most important factor to him (Not saying he's wrong to do this, each to their own). They're always going to take the best offer and make you wait around. Sometimes it's just best to take a guy who actually wants to play for you, over a perceived 'better' player.

I'll admit, I was heavily keen on Maynard.

Problem being was that the club had clearly built their plans around him; when that failed, it seems like panic stations occurred. Hopefully this summer is more structured. 

7 hours ago, Joe B said:

I'll admit, I was heavily keen on Maynard.

Problem being was that the club had clearly built their plans around him; when that failed, it seems like panic stations occurred. Hopefully this summer is more structured. 

I was too, I thought he fit perfectly in the 4-3-3 Askey system. We may well have dodged a bullet given what he did this season, but I still have a feeling he would have done alright for us.

It feels like Vale are going to try and get things done early. You've got to be happy to move on to your next target. And if you're not happy to do that, then you have to find a way for that player to sign for you. I'm sure Flitcroft and Clarke have in their minds the idea of what they want. Genuinely looking forward to what they put together.

• Like 1

Given the comments re Theo, if a club takes him off our hands and we continue to pay part of his wages, does that come out of our wages budget? 

Advert:

Given the comments re Theo, if a club takes him off our hands and we continue to pay part of his wages, does that come out of our wages budget? 
It will but if we can recover half of what we're paying him it can be put to good use rather than just paying him and having him lounging about the place like he did last season.

2 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

It will but only they standard FFP rules apply now that the PFA got the wage cap removed. So it shouldn't have much effect other than costing Carol a few quid.

A good listen again. Always good when there’s another foil added in there, it mixes things up a bit. You mentioned being able to do an episode just on Pope being released..... you should try to get him on at some point in the future.