Ale and the Vale Podcast

20 hours ago, joker1968 said:

Ay up Stupers

as a new recruit to the podcast my first listen being the recent tranmere preview then all subsequent casts since in these exciting new times,i just want to say i really appreciate the honest outlook on the vale,i no longer have to bother with biased blakeman and listen to 35 mins of tripe about the <ovf censored> down the road on local radio  for fear of missing the latest Vale news,i now watch the manager,player  interviews on you tube,read OVF and listen to you guys,long may it continue!!youre a breath of fresh air lads!! Anyway can you tell me what the problem was with Mckirdy? heard all the rumours about him being a bad egg etc but i had high hopes for him  can you shed any light on why it didn't work out? UTV

Hey! Thanks for coming on board!

The McKirdy problems I believe are the same ones that seem to be common knowledge in the main (I'm sure some of the more outlandish ones are not true). We had a few people message us with these claims, so we went and spoke to people we trust and they didn't really push back on the theories. We then felt that it was strong enough to say we believed he was being a bad egg as you say. 

I'm sad it didn't work out with him. But he was the one player I didn't want us to sign in the summer (The episode we did with Phil Bowers will confirm!), so I'm not surprised it ended like it has. Maybe he gets another chance with Clarke arriving, but the fact Pugh never pulled him back into the fray, and the fact he played for Leicester U23s the other night would suggest his time is up at Vale. Character-wise, we can and should do better in my opinion.

• Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers for the feedback. A few points here.  1) Can't help my accent I'm afraid. 2) I live in north London and very occasionally watch Arsenal with my father in law. 3) I don't know how

I know some find Clarke a bit outspoken but he's spot on about the weaknesses in the squad. It is unbalanced. We've never had a midfield physical presence since Grant left and are soft centred. No rea

Not quite sure what the point is of coming onto a thread and start sl@gging off a brilliant podcast which gives a fresh and original view on the vale. By all means, stop listening but not sure wh

The Leyton Orient Preview is available

Firstly, we have more thoughts on the Darrell Clarke appointment, and look at the few days since his appointment with some positive noise from the training ground. Does it mean that everyone has a clean slate? A slight move off-track then to discuss a refereeing incident from midweek! Finally it's the match preview. Orient haven't been in the best form since their win at Vale Park. Can we get a new manager bounce at Brisbane Road?

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

Are you going to make Jonnys “scouting for the opposition” a regular feature 😀

To be fair, what Clarke was doing in training with the 11 v 11 is no different to what Askey was doing before, swapping players in and out of positions and looking at different options during the training game. It’s just that he did that and still stuck at 4-3-3 anyway. 

• Like 1

Nice podcast again today. Must say I thought a 6 was generous for Conlon, and I thought was a bit harsh on Hurst saying he created nothing since he put in that great cross that Rodney hit the bar off.

Advert:

Good podcast again. I thought hurst was industrious and needs to work on his end product. Clearly players like Conlon and Joyce were told to sit and play to a gameplan, which as a result will mean they don’t necessarily get on the ball as often. I thought 5 for Gibbo was harsh too, despite his positional mistake for the goal, a 5 indicates a performance of Mills proportions which it was nowhere near that bad. He made a hash of header that he recovered from and didn’t compound that by diving it to concede a peno. Other than that I thought he was fine and we look a lot better with him in. Worrall going off made us weaker out on the right because their left backs runs weren’t being tracked by worralls replacements. To criticise a player for looking tired after not playing a full 90 for 4 months is a tad harsh too. But it’s a game of opinions. Keep up the good work lads. 

Edited by PV1973

Leyton Orient review is out!

Hard earned point at Brisbane Road. Vale switch to 4-4-2 (Jonny was correct about this and the result, worrying times) and it almost paid dividends! Lots of positivity around the effort and well-drilled nature of the performance but still lots to work on. Does this set us up nicely for Tuesday versus Stevenage? 

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

• Like 1

Stevenage Preview!

We give final thoughts on the Orient game after we've slept on it, talk through a managerial change in League two and then kick into a preview of the Stevenage match. Are they going to be as tricky as they've ever been? Or will the Darrell Clarke dynasty get its first win?

• Like 1

I wasn't sure about these podcasts at first but I'm really enjoying them now so great work gentlemen.

In reference to Hurst he's not a winger and he isn't league quality yet and next year he'll take up a squad place so for me he's one to let go in the summer and Brisley is still injured so that's why he wasn't in the squad but he's another one who should go aswell

I wasn't sure about these podcasts at first but I'm really enjoying them now so great work gentlemen.

In reference to Hurst he's not a winger and he isn't league quality yet and next year he'll take up a squad place so for me he's one to let go in the summer and Brisley is still injured so that's why he wasn't in the squad but he's another one who should go aswell
Wonder if there will be any surprises once the assessments have been done?

Advert:

On Spotify the recording repeats itself. I thought why is Alan Carr moaning about Stevenage by saying the exact same thing as he did at the start of the podcast?

(just for the latest pod)

Edited by Wrex
  • Like 1

I’ve really enjoyed these and they continue to be a good listen as it’s 3 Vale fans expressing their views, they don’t always agree, unlike the shouty regulars on P&G. Hopefully they’ll continue for years to come

Just wondering if there’s a cost implication that needs some supporting guys?

6 hours ago, Wrex said:

On Spotify the recording repeats itself. I thought why is Alan Carr moaning about Stevenage by saying the exact same thing as he did at the start of the podcast?

(just for the latest pod)

Oi. Less of that Alan Carr 😂😂

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, dishydave said:

I’d keep Hurst personally, think he’s fine as a back up and we could always send him on loan to the national league to get him some more experience so he doesn’t take up a squad space.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wrex said:

Only just come back on OVF Yeats after been on here as a teen so read through and thanks for the comments folks, apart from the Alan Carr ones 😂😂

The pod was very much Stu’s brainchild which he asked me be a part of and I took some persuading but got say really enjoy it and glad we bring others some content they enjoy in these darks times. 

I will try be more active here, however as you’ve heard on the pod my technology knowledge is the best, and now it seems this wants to keep Quoting Wrex 😂

• Haha 2

Advert:

6 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

I’ve really enjoyed these and they continue to be a good listen as it’s 3 Vale fans expressing their views, they don’t always agree, unlike the shouty regulars on P&G. Hopefully they’ll continue for years to come

Just wondering if there’s a cost implication that needs some supporting guys?

No real cost implications for us. Johny's Micro Pub and InPlayMan cover all costs with some surplus, so that will eventually go back in to the club foundation. We love doing it, and it doesn't cost us anything!

• Like 1

Really enjoy The Podcasts, love how you see the game and they especially help to give a different perspective on the goings on both on the pitch and off.

Headphones, Coffee and a biscuit great way to spend a lockdown hour.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Really enjoy The Podcasts, love how you see the game and they especially help to give a different perspective on the goings on both on the pitch and off.

Headphones, Coffee and a biscuit great way to spend a lockdown hour.....

Cheers!