Ale and the Vale Podcast

Advert:

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers for the feedback. A few points here.  1) Can't help my accent I'm afraid. 2) I live in north London and very occasionally watch Arsenal with my father in law. 3) I don't know how

I know some find Clarke a bit outspoken but he's spot on about the weaknesses in the squad. It is unbalanced. We've never had a midfield physical presence since Grant left and are soft centred. No rea

Not quite sure what the point is of coming onto a thread and start sl@gging off a brilliant podcast which gives a fresh and original view on the vale. By all means, stop listening but not sure wh

Advert:

Advert:

We've done a 'No Game Saturday' pod!

As there's no game this weekend, we've used our Saturday afternoon to catch up with the weeks news. We talk about the end of salary caps in their current form, football's response to social media abuse of footballers and finally, the managerial situation! 

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

Emergency Pod - Darrell Clarke is the new Vale Manager!

Hopefully the last emergency pod for a while! Darrell Clarke has been appointed as the new manager at Port Vale, on a 3 and a half year deal. We run through his background and how that matches the criteria set out by Carol at the start of the search. Is this an impressive hire? Let us know what you think below!

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

• Like 1

Have to say I'm really impressed. I was holding off my judgement of Flitcroft as director of football until the new head coach/manager was announced.

Talk of bringing in a rookie manager, well Darrell has managed a lot more games than Flitcroft, albeit maybe half of them in the Conference. Ever since he took Rovers from the Conference to League One I had him down as a talented manager, though as he was already in a job with a club higher in the league I didn't consider him as a possible candidate.

Just going through the two men's Wikipedia pages and we can see that together Clarke and Flitcroft have 791 games in management behind them, five promotions, six Manager of the Month awards from the Conference to League One and the only prior link to the club is one game on loan in September 2005! I think we can safely say they tick all the boxes and together they won't come cheap and I'm sure they wouldn't have signed up without assurances of being backed in the transfer market so a big thanks to Carol for spending her kid's inheritance at Vale Park!

• Like 1

On 15/02/2021 at 21:05, Wrex said:

Have to say I'm really impressed. I was holding off my judgement of Flitcroft as director of football until the new head coach/manager was announced.

Talk of bringing in a rookie manager, well Darrell has managed a lot more games than Flitcroft, albeit maybe half of them in the Conference. Ever since he took Rovers from the Conference to League One I had him down as a talented manager, though as he was already in a job with a club higher in the league I didn't consider him as a possible candidate.

Just going through the two men's Wikipedia pages and we can see that together Clarke and Flitcroft have 791 games in management behind them, five promotions, six Manager of the Month awards from the Conference to League One and the only prior link to the club is one game on loan in September 2005! I think we can safely say they tick all the boxes and together they won't come cheap and I'm sure they wouldn't have signed up without assurances of being backed in the transfer market so a big thanks to Carol for spending her kid's inheritance at Vale Park!

Although they've both stated, that we won't do it by spending lots of money on players 😉

Advert:

On 10/02/2021 at 17:17, stupers said:

Crikey, I'll let him know!

Ay up Stupers

as a new recruit to the podcast my first listen being the recent tranmere preview then all subsequent casts since in these exciting new times,i just want to say i really appreciate the honest outlook on the vale,i no longer have to bother with biased blakeman and listen to 35 mins of tripe about the <ovf censored> down the road on local radio  for fear of missing the latest Vale news,i now watch the manager,player  interviews on you tube,read OVF and listen to you guys,long may it continue!!youre a breath of fresh air lads!! Anyway can you tell me what the problem was with Mckirdy? heard all the rumours about him being a bad egg etc but i had high hopes for him  can you shed any light on why it didn't work out? UTV

• Like 4

You boys starting this podcast has been the best thing to come out of this season.

Spot on

It’s brilliant well done to the 3 lads involved , so much better than having to listen to praise snd grumble
  • Like 2