Ale and the Vale Podcast

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

When was Clark classed as a troublemaker? he didn't play saturday as he had hardly trained all week..... if its true that Mckirdy has had a spat with askey then that happens in football BUT it depends what over and if it had an effect on other players,in all honesty i will be amazed if McKirdy is still at Vale at the end of January along with a couple of others

Smallthorne dog about 5 or 6 posts above mine mentioned Clark with others 

Advert:

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers for the feedback. A few points here.  1) Can't help my accent I'm afraid. 2) I live in north London and very occasionally watch Arsenal with my father in law. 3) I don't know how

I know some find Clarke a bit outspoken but he's spot on about the weaknesses in the squad. It is unbalanced. We've never had a midfield physical presence since Grant left and are soft centred. No rea

Not quite sure what the point is of coming onto a thread and start sl@gging off a brilliant podcast which gives a fresh and original view on the vale. By all means, stop listening but not sure wh

The Colchester preview is available!

A quick recap of the Wolves match, and a bigger chat about the aftermath with a good performance from one player, but more importantly some more injuries! Then it's the preview for the Colchester game. Who to watch? Are they dangerous, or have they been fortunate to have done so well so far!

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

I'm sure in th Bolton review podcast one you said that it was important that Vale win on Tuesday in the EFL Trophy. But then when we did win all I heard was that we shouldn't have risked the senior pros who picked up injuries and that we would have been better off going out of the competition at the earliest opportunity!

On 12/12/2020 at 03:24, Wrex said:

I'm sure in th Bolton review podcast one you said that it was important that Vale win on Tuesday in the EFL Trophy. But then when we did win all I heard was that we shouldn't have risked the senior pros who picked up injuries and that we would have been better off going out of the competition at the earliest opportunity!

I'm sure that would have been Bezza that thinks the EFL trophy is important. Myself and Jonny would rather we forfeited the games! The back catalogue of podcasts will back that up!

Advert:

4 hours ago, stupers said:

I'm sure that would have been Bezza that thinks the EFL trophy is important. Myself and Jonny would rather we forfeited the games! The back catalogue of podcasts will back that up!

48 minutes into the Bolton review. You said the game against Wolves U21 was important to Askey keeping his job but tbf you said that's because of how Carol will view it and not yourselves

What is that Cockney bloke doing moaning about Vale? He even said he is an Arse fan?  Poor form recently lads. And a MU fan? How does that work? Quitting the pod. Too self opinionated for me. Good luck with it but not for me anymore.

Edited by toyahw

Bezza has an unhealthy obsession with Manny and Clark, maybe even a man crush. There’s some sense in there about freeing up wages come January though, even if that means Clark not being renewed. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, toyahw said:

Quitting the pod. Too self opinionated for me. Good luck with it but not for me anymore.

What on earth do you expect them to do?

Read out the result, Baggers' match report, and passively offer no comment or opinion?

• Like 2

Advert:

14 minutes ago, Joe B said:

What on earth do you expect them to do?

Read out the result, Baggers' match report, and passively offer no comment or opinion?

Whatever you say Sloop Joe B.  It is all fine but they sing off the same sheet.  And it get's a bit repetitive after a while for me.  No problem. Just my opinion.  Am I allowed that your royal highness?

Edited by toyahw

2 hours ago, toyahw said:

Whatever you say Sloop Joe B.  It is all fine but they sing off the same sheet.  And it get's a bit repetitive after a while for me.  No problem. Just my opinion.  Am I allowed that your royal highness?

Can understand the repetitive suggestion, it's hard to keep it fresh when you're previewing/reviewing games. That's why we are trying to add new things in, getting other fans in to do reviews. 

As for the above comments about the lad who joined us on Saturday (Alex Wood). One way we were trying to freshen it up was to get alternative viewpoints. In Alex's defence, he said he was a Vale fan from the start (Born in Folkestone) and I understand he tries to get to games as much as he can pre-lockdown. But he's also a reporter for the Mirror/Express/Star so his work takes him in other directions. We thought collectively he would be a good guest given his profession, and to be fair I thought he was and I enjoyed talking to him. I think adding a fan in every so often to join us to mix it up is my suggestion, and I can see us doing that in the future. We branched out in to getting fans to 2 minute reviews which I like.

Not sure we can do much about being self-opiniated! Having opinions is the entire theory behind doing the pod. I certainly welcome hearing all opinions, and Bez and Jonny certainly differ to me, hence why I asked them to do the pod with me. 

Anyway, thanks for listening up to this point. Sorry we didn't do something more to your taste, but I think we have a good format that adds to what's already out there in terms of the Sentinel and Radio Stoke coverage. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wrex said:

48 minutes into the Bolton review. You said the game against Wolves U21 was important to Askey keeping his job but tbf you said that's because of how Carol will view it and not yourselves

Ah, that was Jonny! I've just listened back. I said 'who cares' in the background!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stupers said:

Can understand the repetitive suggestion, it's hard to keep it fresh when you're previewing/reviewing games. That's why we are trying to add new things in, getting other fans in to do reviews. 

As for the above comments about the lad who joined us on Saturday (Alex Wood). One way we were trying to freshen it up was to get alternative viewpoints. In Alex's defence, he said he was a Vale fan from the start (Born in Folkestone) and I understand he tries to get to games as much as he can pre-lockdown. But he's also a reporter for the Mirror/Express/Star so his work takes him in other directions. We thought collectively he would be a good guest given his profession, and to be fair I thought he was and I enjoyed talking to him. I think adding a fan in every so often to join us to mix it up is my suggestion, and I can see us doing that in the future. We branched out in to getting fans to 2 minute reviews which I like.

Not sure we can do much about being self-opiniated! Having opinions is the entire theory behind doing the pod. I certainly welcome hearing all opinions, and Bez and Jonny certainly differ to me, hence why I asked them to do the pod with me. 

Anyway, thanks for listening up to this point. Sorry we didn't do something more to your taste, but I think we have a good format that adds to what's already out there in terms of the Sentinel and Radio Stoke coverage. 

Can't believe you've gotten stick for 1, having opinions on the Vale, and 2, having a national sports journalist on and obviously discussing wider football issues.

It's a good pod lads. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, toyahw said:

That's all fine but your initial criticism wasn't this at all. It was that it was 'too opinionated', which I stand by as being bizarre criticism for a sports podcast.

Edited by Joe B

Advert:

What is that Cockney bloke doing moaning about Vale? He even said he is an Arse fan?  Poor form recently lads. And a MU fan? How does that work? Quitting the pod. Too self opinionated for me. Good luck with it but not for me anymore.

Too opinionated, really? How bizarre.

It’s good to get an extra voice on there, didn’t he say he’d been to Arsenal with his kids and father in law whos a fan of them? His knowledge of the Vale and the squad seemed fine to me though so I didn’t mind him at all. I must admit to missing the Man U reference though.

I think the one comment within that podcast that hit home was that this squad has been shaped around Pope, that is so true and we’ve struggled to find another way of playing without him and indeed a replacement for him. 

5 hours ago, toyahw said:

Good evening toyahw,

I hope one is well on this fine and one must say mild Decemeber evening. 7 degrees. Maybe Al Gore had a point about the old climate change after all.

The great thing about our great nation is we welcome healthy debate, and if not derogatory, all opinions are welcomed. Even if they are wrong, like yours here.

One must say that as a legitimate enthusiast of both Ale and Port Vale, the gentlemen have done a fantastic job in giving one's self some way to spend an hour or so of his time away from the dark and troubled times we so find ourselves in. One would imagine that this would be the case for many others also.

As a result, one would say the gentlemen should be commended for their efforts.

All the very best,

Jeff.

Edited by Jeff.
  • Like 1