onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

26 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Where was questions like

Why are we not changing formation to fit players that we have fit into there correct positions?

you say that we are going to carry on playing this way but surely if the results don't change we have to adapt and change?

do you not think teams have worked us out hence our run of results? 

why do we only have two wing backs at the club when our whole system and attacking play is built around wing backs? Was this your decision are you happy with this? 

are you allowed to change formation from 3 at the back or is flitcroft telling you its this way ? 

Do you feel any pressure from the club to turn this run around? 

have you been given striking options that your happy with? 

Why do we look like we have no idea what to do after crossing the halfway line?

whats the point in keeping possession when we do nothing with it?

even when he said things like it was my fault for lincoln why not question why? what had he told the players. Why did he make the decision to sit back even when it was 10v10 

Valid questions following a dismal defeat but on a Wednesday night prior to a game I’m not so sure. 

You can ask these at the next Fans forum .

• Like 1

Advert

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

Where was questions like

Why are we not changing formation to fit players that we have fit into there correct positions?

you say that we are going to carry on playing this way but surely if the results don't change we have to adapt and change?

why do we only have two wing backs at the club when our whole system and attacking play is built around wing backs? Was this your decision are you happy with this? 

are you allowed to change formation from 3 at the back or is flitcroft telling you its this way ? 

even when he said things like it was my fault for lincoln why not question why? what had he told the players. Why did he make the decision to sit back even when it was 10v10 

There’s no way he would have sat there and have fans throw some disrespectful questions like that at him. You’d be lucky to get past the first 2. To expect a couple of fans running a podcast to start acting like talksport with the manager is ridiculous. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Where was questions like

Drop Andy a line, he strikes me as the sort of guy who would call you for a chat. 

Was tss as liking about this yesterday. I’ve always enjoyed the Pod. A lot suggesting that the guys are a continuation of the club’s PR and no longer independent. I’ve not listened enough to comment , just wondered based on the above if people are thinking alike?
Definitely part of the club's PR
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, rob1983 said:
18 hours ago, CAVALIER said:
Was tss as liking about this yesterday. I’ve always enjoyed the Pod. A lot suggesting that the guys are a continuation of the club’s PR and no longer independent. I’ve not listened enough to comment , just wondered based on the above if people are thinking alike?

Definitely part of the club's PR

We'll find out if this is the case on the Shrewsbury review as there is no covering that result up.

21 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Do you honestly think they “cover up” results or performances? 

Personally no I don't, I think they say it how it is on most occasions and it's refreshing. I was trying to say that the review will prove the point they are NOT club PR.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TEXAS said:

Personally no I don't, I think they say it how it is on most occasions and it's refreshing. I was trying to say that the review will prove the point they are NOT club PR.

Same here. They tell it like it is for the games.

But it’s a totally different matter when the manager of the club drops in for a chat. I just don’t think he would accept fans asking ridiculous questions like “is it you or flitcroft in charge” kind of stuff. And equally it’s ridiculous to expect a fan made podcast to suddenly turn into Adrian Durham and try to adopt a hardline approach with questions. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Have to say that having listened to the last couple of episodes this week that Jonnys rants about Loft potentially rocking the boat and being a bad egg in the dressing room are bang out of order. Why on earth he’s throwing that out there is beyond me when he knows nothing. This all based on the fact he’s played poorly since he came here and Garritys been picked up front. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Carrying on with picking up on Jonnys rants, he’s at it again on the latest pod episode about the Barnsley game. Talking about the injury record and that maybe some of those “injured” players are actually hiding because the goings getting tough and are shying off. He really does spout some unbelievabke stuff sometimes. 

Edited by PV1973

It's a fans podcast, that's the idea. Fans giving their opinions, thoughts, speculating.

I've known Jonny a long time so I'm well aware that he is daft, but that's the whole point of it really. If you want nothing but cold hard facts just read the official match report.

• Like 2

I just admit I roll my eyes whenever I hear it said on the pod that the next game "is massive now". We've been <ovf censored> for months and lose every week, and it's made sod all difference to anything. Same manager, same tactics, same mistakes, same results.

These games can't be massive if we just drift away in lower mid-table for months on end. I wouldn't mind so much, but when cup games come along then I hear that they don't matter, and it's the league that counts!

Middlesbrough at home was a massive game, the singular most massive game of the season (unless god forbid we end up in a genuine relegation dogfight in April/May), and we we're <ovf censored>.

9 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Talking about the injury record and that maybe some of those “injured” players are actually hiding because the goings getting tough and are shying off. He really does spout some unbelievabke stuff sometimes. 

It's kind of true though. Its always been the same that in lower league football especially, when you are on a fantastic run, you hardly have any injuries and suddenly a player gets a little niggle, in a good run they will keep on playing. Then when it comes to a bad run and they have that little injury, they will tend to sit it out. Not at ll of the time but it happens