onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

Advert

Scunthorpe Preview!

A positive week at Vale, but we talk through a few news stories from the wider football world that could possibly affect Vale in the future! Then on to Scunny, another unhappy hunting ground for Vale, but it's not been a great start to the season for 'The Iron' and Vale will be looking to take advantage. All 3 of us predict a win, but by how many, and which recent thorn in our side could cause trouble again?

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

• Like 1

Leyton Orient Preview!

A reserve game to talk about, rip off away tickets and more positive comments from players during the week. Leyton Orient look a tough prospect, with a solid spine of the team and other quality players throughout. But Vale are at home and doing well, dare we call it a promotion clash and risk the wrath of Clarkey?!

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

• Like 2

Leyton Orient Review!

What a game! What a comeback! A wonderful Saturday to look back on, with goals galore and plenty to review. We cover the game in full with some talking points, as well talking about a post-match incident that took some of the gloss off a great afternoon for Vale.

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here!

ALEANDTHEVALE.PODBEAN.COM

On 01/10/2021 at 12:35, PV1973 said:

Is Johnny banned after last weeks possible drink fuelled “I love you” for every player during the Scunthorpe game review? 😀

Ha ha! Apparently you can't call your midday meal 'lunch', it has to be called dinner. I'm in danger of a ban if that's the case!

Enjoyed the latest pod again. As I said in another thread the 3 key changes that Clarke has made this last 4 games with Cass, Smith and Gibbo have made us a much better team. I agree with bezzas points about Worrall and Gibbo, there aren’t many better wingbacks in the league than those 2. But in regards to Johnny’s points about their goals, one of the sacrifices of wingbacks is that space behind them, which means you need the right and left sided centre halves to come across at times to cover and I thought Jones was really unlucky for their first goal. On another day it goes for a corner or he blocks it. Also the second, even though Gibbo has gone to make a run and Conlon has made a mistake with the pass to him, it’s still going to take a great strike or a slice of luck to score from that distance and I think they got that luck with a bit of a deflection on its way too. 

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Enjoyed the latest pod again. As I said in another thread the 3 key changes that Clarke has made this last 4 games with Cass, Smith and Gibbo have made us a much better team. I agree with bezzas points about Worrall and Gibbo, there aren’t many better wingbacks in the league than those 2. But in regards to Johnny’s points about their goals, one of the sacrifices of wingbacks is that space behind them, which means you need the right and left sided centre halves to come across at times to cover and I thought Jones was really unlucky for their first goal. On another day it goes for a corner or he blocks it. Also the second, even though Gibbo has gone to make a run and Conlon has made a mistake with the pass to him, it’s still going to take a great strike or a slice of luck to score from that distance and I think they got that luck with a bit of a deflection on its way too. 

one of the things I called yesterday was the spawniness of nearly every miss control, deflection or block that nearly all fell to favour Orient, so many times they blocked crosses and the ball somehow stayed in play rather than going out for corners/throws or bouncing to another Vale player.  Most annoying🙂

6 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Yep, I think I made that point on their 2nd. It still takes a big effort to score that goal. I did think however it was poor from Conlon though in terms of the pass. 

Regarding Jones, our left side did seem to be the target of their attacks 2nd half and they seemed to have a bit of luck down there. Incredibly unfortunate for the goal, but the lad had a lot of space and that is something you give away a bit of in the channels when you play this formation. Overall though, I thought Vale were excellent first half and showed incredible strength to get back into that when it looked like they were done.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NellyTheValiant said:

one of the things I called yesterday was the spawniness of nearly every miss control, deflection or block that nearly all fell to favour Orient, so many times they blocked crosses and the ball somehow stayed in play rather than going out for corners/throws or bouncing to another Vale player.  Most annoying🙂

It's felt like that for about 20 odd years hasn't it?!

• Like 1

Great pod! As I could not see the game or listen to the commentary, you all relived the experiences for me. Gutted that I could not be to see it.

Totally correct to tackle and comment on the racism point first. No need for the comment that I have seen. Although Their keeper could of/ should of shown the delight of their second goal with ORIENT supporters. The opposite does bring out the reaction from opposing supporters, but still no Need for a racist rant.

Big call out to Smudge as he also played with stitches in his head?

Will watch the game on Tuesday but not sure that the atmosphere will be the same! 😀

• Like 2