onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

Pod was a replica of my thoughts. I certainly picked up Wilson’s closing down, positional play and technical ability. Smudge had a fantastic game for me, Matt is a powerful/ awkward character. Garity full of running. Proctor’s ability to hold the ball up by taking a step back rather than meeting it with a heading attempt was superb. Man on his back could not win it.

One thing I noticed again was how many free kicks Devante gives away that gives the opposition the ball back.

Overall, still bouncing on a Monday after the win even though Devon weather has been gloomy today.

Hope Stu that the house move went well! That, brings back some memories!

VTID

Advert

On 22/08/2021 at 12:21, Santa said:

All in all it’s just a really unpleasant way for it all to come to an end. With the indifferent start we’ve had, it has the potential to unsettle the club and the support for some time to come.

Yes, deeply unpleasant though I don't think it will unsettle the club. We're on a new path, have a clear way forward and the early signs are that it is beginning to work, especially on the pitch - where it counts. We also have owners who are going to ensure, as far as they can, that we don't have the resource problems that have dogged us in the past. 

Sad to say, the person it has the potential to unsettle is Tom himself. On his own admission he is full of anger and hate and refuses to let it go; his dire predictions about our season - even before it's properly started - may prove totally unfounded; and I'm sure some fans will now make a point of not attending his testimonial, which would be a pity, given his service to the club.

This all would have been better left unsaid so that fans could remember Tom in the best possible light.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dangermouse3 said:

Pod was a replica of my thoughts. I certainly picked up Wilson’s closing down, positional play and technical ability. Smudge had a fantastic game for me, Matt is a powerful/ awkward character. Garity full of running. Proctor’s ability to hold the ball up by taking a step back rather than meeting it with a heading attempt was superb. Man on his back could not win it.

One thing I noticed again was how many free kicks Devante gives away that gives the opposition the ball back.

Overall, still bouncing on a Monday after the win even though Devon weather has been gloomy today.

Hope Stu that the house move went well! That, brings back some memories!

VTID

Went as well could be expected! Always a few issues but sorted now. Back on Friday, finally with a decent internet connection

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CambridgeDon said:

Yes, deeply unpleasant though I don't think it will unsettle the club. We're on a new path, have a clear way forward and the early signs are that it is beginning to work, especially on the pitch - where it counts. We also have owners who are going to ensure, as far as they can, that we don't have the resource problems that have dogged us in the past. 

Sad to say, the person it has the potential to unsettle is Tom himself. On his own admission he is full of anger and hate and refuses to let it go; his dire predictions about our season - even before it's properly started - may prove totally unfounded; and I'm sure some fans will now make a point of not attending his testimonial, which would be a pity, given his service to the club.

This all would have been better left unsaid so that fans could remember Tom in the best possible light.

There’s no way I’m going his testimonial now, especially after all his tweets. Why should I spend my hard earned money for him to spend on fags and beer?

Rochdale preview!

We're joined by friend of the show Jamie to run through a busy week! Two signings, a FL Trophy game and a supporters club meeting are all subjects to discuss. Then we get into a Rochdale preview who have had a tough summer after being relegated from League One and are trying to find their feet. Can it be the perfect opportunity to get going at home?

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

22 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Looking forward to an episode straight after the game from the pub when we lose again. 

Yes definitely need one of them at some point! The review is out from the Rochdale game. A disappointing afternoon defensively. I really do believe it's just an off-day. You don't turn into a bad defence overnight. 

• Like 1

Being done the day after definitely takes the edge off it.

I actually think you were a little generous with Benning on the first goal. Yes he’s unlucky to slip, but I’m not sure he should have gone that far inside to press anyway, him going that far meant that it gave their fullback the full pitch to run into. Arguably we have 3 centre halves back anyway who should have dealt with the ball in, but I think Bennings decision was a bad one. 

3 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Being done the day after definitely takes the edge off it.

I actually think you were a little generous with Benning on the first goal. Yes he’s unlucky to slip, but I’m not sure he should have gone that far inside to press anyway, him going that far meant that it gave their fullback the full pitch to run into. Arguably we have 3 centre halves back anyway who should have dealt with the ball in, but I think Bennings decision was a bad one. 

Our preference is to do the pod Saturday. I think for the last few weeks however (and I think for this Saturday!) I don't think it's possible. We don't want anyone calming down too much, I was absolutely seething after the Rochdale game with the defending.

Benning, maybe we were a tad soft on him. However, someone could've closed the cross down, and Martin certainly should have done better challenging for the ball. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stupers said:

Our preference is to do the pod Saturday. I think for the last few weeks however (and I think for this Saturday!) I don't think it's possible. We don't want anyone calming down too much, I was absolutely seething after the Rochdale game with the defending.

Benning, maybe we were a tad soft on him. However, someone could've closed the cross down, and Martin certainly should have done better challenging for the ball. 

To be fair it was a good ball in from their lad too. But with 3 centre halves back you would think they’d have enough to deal with it. 

To be fair it was a good ball in from their lad too. But with 3 centre halves back you would think they’d have enough to deal with it. 
They were both excellent balls into the box but that's because they had time to pick there spot. If we can't stop the cross coming in we should at least be making it a more difficult and rushed ball in by closing it down.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dishydave said:
10 hours ago, PV1973 said:

They were both excellent balls into the box but that's because they had time to pick there spot. If we can't stop the cross coming in we should at least be making it a more difficult and rushed ball in by closing it down.

Defenders aren’t going to stop very ball in to the box, but for the first 2 goals I felt that Benning and Cass were all over the place positionally which allowed them the time to put a decent ball in.