onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

45 minutes ago, stupers said:

Good post, and definitely interesting to hear Phil talk about Robinson, as I heard that he was one of the top earners at the club. It's going to be hard to shift him now. I think we'll be paying him a least a percentage of his wage until the end of next season even if he goes. 

It was a foolish deal. That's the problem with falling for one player (Maynard) who has clearly shown that money is the most important factor to him (Not saying he's wrong to do this, each to their own). They're always going to take the best offer and make you wait around. Sometimes it's just best to take a guy who actually wants to play for you, over a perceived 'better' player.

I'll admit, I was heavily keen on Maynard.

Problem being was that the club had clearly built their plans around him; when that failed, it seems like panic stations occurred. Hopefully this summer is more structured. 

Advert

7 hours ago, Joe B said:

I'll admit, I was heavily keen on Maynard.

Problem being was that the club had clearly built their plans around him; when that failed, it seems like panic stations occurred. Hopefully this summer is more structured. 

I was too, I thought he fit perfectly in the 4-3-3 Askey system. We may well have dodged a bullet given what he did this season, but I still have a feeling he would have done alright for us.

It feels like Vale are going to try and get things done early. You've got to be happy to move on to your next target. And if you're not happy to do that, then you have to find a way for that player to sign for you. I'm sure Flitcroft and Clarke have in their minds the idea of what they want. Genuinely looking forward to what they put together.

• Like 1

Given the comments re Theo, if a club takes him off our hands and we continue to pay part of his wages, does that come out of our wages budget? 
It will but if we can recover half of what we're paying him it can be put to good use rather than just paying him and having him lounging about the place like he did last season.

2 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

Given the comments re Theo, if a club takes him off our hands and we continue to pay part of his wages, does that come out of our wages budget? 

It will but only they standard FFP rules apply now that the PFA got the wage cap removed. So it shouldn't have much effect other than costing Carol a few quid.

A good listen again. Always good when there’s another foil added in there, it mixes things up a bit. You mentioned being able to do an episode just on Pope being released..... you should try to get him on at some point in the future.  

Season Review 2020/2021!

We wrap up the season with a chat with Sentinel and SOT Live report Mike Baggaley! We discuss the major twists and turns in the season that led to the mid table finish that was not the expectation at the start! Mike offers his insights on this and more and how it's been covering the Vale during the pandemic. 

And if that isn't enough............... there's a prize draw to enter with the money raised going to North Staffs Mind! We have three prizes to give away! 

1st Prize: Signed Home shirt from this season signed by all the players
2x 2nd Prizes: Port Vale goody bags 
3rd Prize: Free wash n go worth £20 at Griff's Professional Dog Groomers

£1 per number or 10 numbers for £5. Once donated, send us a DM via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and we will allocate the numbers! Draw to be made once we hit the target. Follow the link below:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/ale-and-vale-pod-raffle

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

After Bowers' suggestion that we might look at Jordan Rossiter, I had a good look at his wiki page, which is worth a read. Sounds a formidable player at this level but his early career was plagued by injuries and even in the last three years he's averaged just over 20 games a season. Somehow, I can't see DC being tempted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Rossiter

Ian Taylor podcast is available!

It's the summer break but that doesn't mean that we don't have a bit of content to share! We spoke to Ian Taylor a few weeks back and what a great evening we had! We talk about everything from his start in football, how he was out of pocket moving to Vale and a typical Billy Bell story from the start! Then onto his career at Vale and his subsequent million pound move to Sheffield Wednesday before his dream was realised as he signed for Aston Villa. A great hour and a half with a top man.

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com