onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

6 hours ago, stupers said:

As for Brown, there’s no way for me that he’s just been allowed to go out in a pre match press conference and slag off his teammates. If someone had rung him up at home and he’d gone off on one, then that’s more believable as him on his own. All I’ve seen is him be a top pro for 3 years. So it’s completely out of character.

I wouldn't be so sure. Brown has a history of speaking his mind at the risk of being outspoken. Just from reading through his Wiki I found these:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27186234 "Scott Brown publically criticised two of his team-mates after Saturday's defeat by Rochdale. Brown said the two players in question had admitted to manager Mark Yates in training they had "not been trying".

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-0-carlisle-1-2474092 "It is not Speedy's fault but some serious money needs to be spent on it [Vale Park's pitch] because that is not acceptable for a professional football club."

I know the second one he's more slating the pitch rather than a person! But it seems bonkers for Clarke to have specifically said for the team to stick together and keep off 'the social medias' only for him to turn round and tell Brown to slag off his teammates. Maybe Clarke is bonkers but I think it's best to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Advert

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Brown has a history of speaking his mind at the risk of being outspoken. Just from reading through his Wiki I found these:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27186234 "Scott Brown publically criticised two of his team-mates after Saturday's defeat by Rochdale. Brown said the two players in question had admitted to manager Mark Yates in training they had "not been trying".

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-0-carlisle-1-2474092 "It is not Speedy's fault but some serious money needs to be spent on it [Vale Park's pitch] because that is not acceptable for a professional football club."

I know the second one he's more slating the pitch rather than a person! But it seems bonkers for Clarke to have specifically said for the team to stick together and keep off 'the social medias' only for him to turn round and tell Brown to slag off his teammates. Maybe Clarke is bonkers but I think it's best to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Fair enough. I just can’t believe that at a club sanctioned press conference they’ve let one of the players go off on one about his teammates. Something just doesn’t add up to me. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, stupers said:

Fair enough. I just can’t believe that at a club sanctioned press conference they’ve let one of the players go off on one about his teammates. Something just doesn’t add up to me. 

You might be right. Clarke said in an early interview that he's exactly the same to the media as he is in the dressing room (does that mean he doesn't talk about injuries there either?) so maybe he's happy for Brown to have a go in an interview as well as in the dressing room.

I wish Clarke was asked in his pre match conference what he thought of Brown's comments. That would have shed some light on the situation.

• Like 1

Oldham Preview!

Final thoughts on the Cheltenham defeat, along with some extra discussion on the Scott Brown situation. Then we discuss Harry Kewell's sacking and how that affects the Tuesday night fixture. They've been good away all season, but does that change now the manager is gone? A lot of emphasis on this game (One of us describes it as a 'must-win'). Is that the case?

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

• Like 1

Definitely a media ban he won't allow any player to talk without his permission. I spoke to him today and it was one of the things he mentioned.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bolton Preview!

We talk through an alternative view of the Oldham after the 3 of us remained positive. Then go through the main talking points of the Supporters Club meeting, before getting on to a tough test against in-form Bolton. Is this the moment it turns?

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

Good discussion on the Bolton preview. On the medicals I know for a fact we were signing players without a medical pre dating Askey. I would also point to the fact players who have consistently broken down with injuries aren't Askey signings. 

3 hours ago, MBE said:

Good discussion on the Bolton preview. On the medicals I know for a fact we were signing players without a medical pre dating Askey. I would also point to the fact players who have consistently broken down with injuries aren't Askey signings. 

Yeah I remember Aspin was supposed to have gotten rid of the sports science stuff that Brown brought in. I would imagine the club carried on neglecting sports science until recently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

Yeah I remember Aspin was supposed to have gotten rid of the sports science stuff that Brown brought in. I would imagine the club carried on neglecting sports science until recently.

we land a rover on mars-we cant a decent training shoe!😊

Bradley is the new training facility they've had the lease for a while now but I believe they want to buy it. As for people who keep telling me that we have to many back room staff and we've never needed them before all I say to them is look how well we've done over the last 20 years of being ran with less staff than a non league club and then tell me why it doesn't need to change.
Carol has made a few mistakes but no one can accuse her of not trying to put it right.
Great podcast again gentlemen but I've noticed that the more you've tried to stop swearing the more you swear.

Bolton Review and Newport Preview

We react to another home defeat. We defend well in the main, but still can't score so it's a pretty despondent pod. We talk about where we go from here and whether we can get a win on Tuesday, as we decide to not upset ourselves doing another pod on Sunday!