onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

My three would be:

Danny Cowley - obvious, winning culture, impressed with what he did with Lincoln. Feel he would look to build as well as he did with Lincoln.

Murray is an intriguing one, Mansfield fans speak well of him and does seem to have a good eye for players. At first it was a no no but more I’ve heard about him more I’m intrigued.

Derek Adams has done wonders with Morecambe with little money, good pedigree and would be a statement to take a side doing well’s manager. Sounds a bit of prickly personality wise which may sort the rumoured indiscipline

• Like 1

Advert

3 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

My three would be:

Danny Cowley - obvious, winning culture, impressed with what he did with Lincoln. Feel he would look to build as well as he did with Lincoln.

Murray is an intriguing one, Mansfield fans speak well of him and does seem to have a good eye for players. At first it was a no no but more I’ve heard about him more I’m intrigued.

Derek Adams has done wonders with Morecambe with little money, good pedigree and would be a statement to take a side doing well’s manager. Sounds a bit of prickly personality wise which may sort the rumoured indiscipline

How many promotions have they had, if that is the measure of success?

1 hour ago, stupers said:

We're going to do a bit of a deep dive on the managerial candidates now it appears a decision is closer than ever. So we want to hear your final 3 (realistic) shortlist for the job! We're going to then discuss the most mentioned candidates on here (Facebook and Twitter) and their merits. 

Give us your ideas and why you'd want them. We'll mention as many as possible! 

Adams , great record of promotion. The job he's doing at Morecambe is incredible.

Parkinson. Worried about the football style, but he's a horrible git who wouldn't stand any nonsense.

Bowyer . Decent enough record , Bradford are a basket case so I'll excuse him that. 

Genuinely think we've no chance of the Cowley sisters sadly or they'd be number one

My Three Would be:-

Derek Adams - Good win ratio and has an average Morecambe side overachieving

Nigel Adkins - Might be unrealistic but strikes me as similar to Micky Adams in that he might want have something to prove also experienced and seems a decent bloke who is always very positive in his approach.

Stephen Robinson - Bit of a left field one, did well with Motherwell also brought some young players through so might fit with Carols plans.

Have excluded Paul Cook & Danny Cowley as don’t think we would tempt them, also wouldn’t object to David Flitcroft if he was chosen.

2 hours ago, TheSage said:

Just as an aside, I think we've been mentally quite weak for ages and lack a real leader on the pitch. We do drift through parts of games rudderless and it often takes half time to put us back on track, by which time it's too late and we are chasing games.

100% agree. 

I actually think we can afford the Cowleys or even any other manager with in reson. The wage cap is lower now than what we would set our budget at so there should be money available to pay the extra.
As for who I'd want I dont think I remember what one looks like it's been that long since we've had one so I'll leave that to the people in charge

13 minutes ago, dishydave said:

I actually think we can afford the Cowleys or even any other manager with in reson. The wage cap is lower now than what we would set our budget at so there should be money available to pay the extra.
As for who I'd want I dont think I remember what one looks like it's been that long since we've had one so I'll leave that to the people in charge

Based on next seasons income?

The Southend preview is available!

We quickly catch up from Tuesday, and then do a deep dive on the 5 most suggested manager appointments on OVF, Twitter and Facebook the last 24 hours! Plenty of discussion on whether they fit the criteria set out by Vale before a quick rundown of some wild-card picks. Then we discuss the Southend game, they're back on a bad run. Is it time for wholesale changes, or do you think with the new manager watching the players will be pumped up for victory?

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

19 minutes ago, stupers said:

Our final 3 shortlist is..................

Danny Cowley

David Flitcroft

John McGreal

Out of those three, who do you think it will be?!

I'd love to even think that Cowley is a possibility but I simply can't see it happening.

It all seems to have coalesced around Flitcroft or McGreal.

Flitcroft undoubtedly has the better CV when taken in isolation, but does McGreal offer the opportunity to realign the club along the more youth-focused route Carol is aiming for, whilst still providing a competitive side? I think so.

Combined with the good relationship Carol has with Cowling, the Colchester Chairman, and I think McGreal is the man.

I'd fully back him doing here what he did at Colchester (playoff competitors, lots of youth + creative signings, big focus on analytics in recruitment) BUT he won't be afforded the luxury of 4 seasons to reach the playoffs. He's going to be expected to achieve playoffs within the next 2 years.

Would be an intriguing appointment.