onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

I dont think we have massively over rated them. This is league 2. There’s a lot of average footballers in this league. I think its under performance and allowing the core of the side to age without replacing them. We have come nowhere near to finding a like for like replacement for pope, Joyce, legge etc. Askey strengthened the bench while the key players got a year older. 

Advert

11 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

@stupers another cracking pod this morning! Did I hear you right that Manny hasn't been injured?

Sorry, I didn't listen to all of it and I wasn't on the recording! I've checked and Jonny said it was in a Pugh interview. Not us leaking anything!

Edited by stupers

13 minutes ago, Walter said:
10 hours ago, PV1973 said:
This wasn’t publicised by Manny was it? I’d heard he wanted it kept secret out of respect for his Mrs. 

So someones just let something out in to the public domain that Manny didnt want out there. Sound.

The podcast didn’t leak the reason why Manny was off. 

19 hours ago, Wrex said:

Yeah I think so.

Rodney, Conlon, Taylor, Gibbons, Smith have all been touted as superb players who'll go on to better things. Add Hurst to that list too if you want.

Perhaps 1 or even 2 might make it to the Championship. Perhaps 0.

Worrall and Montano are quality League Two players still in their prime. But other than the young lads the rest are either past it (injury or age) or never had it to begin with.

The squad is in need of a rebuild but we haven't even got a manager in place to do the building. And we don't seem any closer to appointing one than when Askey left.

To get back on track 🙂

I was having a think about this today, as I was coming in to work. I do think the squad is good enough technically. They showed that last year, there's no reason to think (Other than age) that they shouldn't have been able to replicate that. However the team never look like they recover from going a goal down. Their heads drop and then it's difficult for us. Same last night I thought, heads went down after what had been an ok start, then total dross from the 1st goal to half time. Too late to do anything about it 2nd half.

We need players with the right mentality, as much as we need the technical nous. Some of that comes from the manager, but some has to come from the players themselves.

We're going to do a bit of a deep dive on the managerial candidates now it appears a decision is closer than ever. So we want to hear your final 3 (realistic) shortlist for the job! We're going to then discuss the most mentioned candidates on here (Facebook and Twitter) and their merits. 

Give us your ideas and why you'd want them. We'll mention as many as possible! 

23 hours ago, stupers said:

Sorry, I didn't listen to all of it and I wasn't on the recording! I've checked and Jonny said it was in a Pugh interview. Not us leaking anything!

Totally agree mate, you guys leaked nothing, it was a genuine question from me as I was unaware of the fact he wasn’t injured. Keep up the good work on the pod, it’s a brilliant pod!

• Like 2