onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

A Walsall preview!

We quickly see if anyone has changed their opinion from Tuesday night, talk social media and whether Vale should have a rethink on transfer policy. Then it's into a Walsall preview. They're doing better than us and they've hit form, but can we get a win? We've got a got a good tip from our sponsor 'InPlayMan' as well!

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

Advert

The Walsall review!

No-holds barred chat after a defensive horror show from Vale. Positives in the game attacking-wise, but not enough to overshadow a terrible defensive performance. We talk about the game, Askey (again) and what this means for the season.

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

Not quite sure what the point is of coming onto a thread and start sl@gging off a brilliant podcast which gives a fresh and original view on the vale.

By all means, stop listening but not sure what giving it the big un and calling out the bits you don’t like achieves.

The irony of calling it self opinionated in a self opinionated post!

Tall poppy syndrome perhaps.

Keep up the amazing work lads... love the pod! 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Not quite sure what the point is of coming onto a thread and start sl@gging off a brilliant podcast which gives a fresh and original view on the vale.

By all means, stop listening but not sure what giving it the big un and calling out the bits you don’t like achieves.

The irony of calling it self opinionated in a self opinionated post!

Tall poppy syndrome perhaps.

Keep up the amazing work lads... love the pod! 

Imagine not liking a podcast because a guest has a different accent to yourself.

Absolute howler. Such a weird few posts.

On 17/12/2020 at 21:58, Alex said:

Cheers for the feedback. A few points here. 

1) Can't help my accent I'm afraid.

2) I live in north London and very occasionally watch Arsenal with my father in law.

3) I don't know how on earth you got the impression that I'm a Man Utd fan. United weren't even mentioned - at any point. 

4) I've been supporting Vale for the best part of 25 years now. 

5) The Ale and Vale lads are doing a cracking job with the pod. 

Fair enough mate. Sorry. Ill judged comment from myself. Tensions running high but no excuse.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, PV1973 said:

I’ll say it again but losing makes for a spicy podcast. You can feel the frustration and the anger of the performances both collectively and individually. 

It's quite true. Bezza wasn't sure to start if recording straight after games was a good idea. If anything he's the one pushing it now!

I'm sad to see what a shambles we've become at the back. I love seeing good defensive performances, scoring a couple of goals and not giving the opponents a sniff is my idea of a perfect game. I'm sure people will disagree and say goals, goals, goals and that is certainly where the game is going in terms of entertainment. But there's just something to be said for utter domination at both ends of the pitch. I think the defence can be fixed with a central defender signing in January. I don't think things are that far gone that it's irretrievable to turn the defence around. Gibbo back too will help at some point, fear we have to stick with Mills until then.

• Like 1

Spot on Alex, i thought you were an excellent guest who offered a balanced and reasonable viewpoint

Cheers for the feedback. A few points here. 
1) Can't help my accent I'm afraid.
2) I live in north London and very occasionally watch Arsenal with my father in law.
3) I don't know how on earth you got the impression that I'm a Man Utd fan. United weren't even mentioned - at any point. 
4) I've been supporting Vale for the best part of 25 years now. 
5) The Ale and Vale lads are doing a cracking job with the pod. 
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, stupers said:

It's quite true. Bezza wasn't sure to start if recording straight after games was a good idea. If anything he's the one pushing it now!

I'm sad to see what a shambles we've become at the back. I love seeing good defensive performances, scoring a couple of goals and not giving the opponents a sniff is my idea of a perfect game. I'm sure people will disagree and say goals, goals, goals and that is certainly where the game is going in terms of entertainment. But there's just something to be said for utter domination at both ends of the pitch. I think the defence can be fixed with a central defender signing in January. I don't think things are that far gone that it's irretrievable to turn the defence around. Gibbo back too will help at some point, fear we have to stick with Mills until then.

The emotion of football is what makes it so entertaining and capturing that after a game is IMO the best way to do it. Heard Bezza on radio stoke earlier too, he sounded a lot more calm than he did after the Walsall game 😃

It’s hard to put a finger on why players are making so many individual errors, but this seems to the worst in that regard for a long while. I don’t think we should pin too much expectation on Gibbo just yet, he’ll need to get up to speed, but that says a lot about how bad things are that we’re looking forward to him getting back. Equally I think getting Monty back to fitness is important too, just to give us a different option at left back or on the wing. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

Here's our Barrow preview!

We check in and see what's happening with the lads and any further thoughts on the Walsall nightmare. Then it's a quick chat about Barrow, who have several ex-Valiants knocking about. It leads to a 'who was better, Scott Quigley or Richie Bennett?' Barrow look better than their position suggests, and they visit Vale on the back of a big win versus Cheltenham, so why does one of us think we'll batter them?!

It's Xmas in Australia so here's our Manny Oyeleke chat!

We run through his childhood and how he came to being a footballer, before discussing how he got to the Vale! We talk injuries and how he deals with the frustration, not just from himself but from the fans. Then go through his thoughts for the future and where he sees himself in the team and at the club right now.

Have a good Xmas everyone, reach out if you're not feeling great and talk to someone. It's always better to talk than to stay silent.

• Like 1