onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

The comment about disruptive players was an interesting tidbit of “inside information”. That needs to be quashed as soon as possible. The obvious suspects would be those who have been binned out of the squad entirely. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

Advert

The Bolton preview is up! 

Quick catchup after a midweek off, and a quick discussion on what we've seen on social media and OVF since last Saturday. We chat about the rescue package for EFL teams, and fans finally making it back into stadiums before cracking into a Bolton preview. They've done well recently after a poor start. Why do we keep meeting teams on form?! Inverted wing-backs makes an appearance and have a good at predicting the Vale team and the score!

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts (Plus many more). Also here https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

On 28/11/2020 at 23:32, PV1973 said:

The comment about disruptive players was an interesting tidbit of “inside information”. That needs to be quashed as soon as possible. The obvious suspects would be those who have been binned out of the squad entirely. 

One of the names we've heard is mentioned at the end of the pod. Not exactly a surprise.

On the subject of dressing room unrest, it would be interesting to hear your thoughts.
Judging by the team andcsquad that were put out yesterday im assuming that Pope, McKirdy, Robinson, Clark and possibly Cullen are involved.
We know Askey wanted rid of Pope at the end of last season (but that didnt happen)
McKirdy and Robinson were both late additions when we thought our business was done and Clark was an emergency loan due to injuries.
So whose to blame for the unrest? Do we have any sympathy with Askey as on the face of it, he signed the majority of those players and had a chance to get rid of the other. Or is something else going on behind the scenes?
Have the owners had an influence in Pope staying, using the funds on McKirdy and Robinson, and bringing Clark back in because he is popular with the fans? Or is it all Askey's doing?
Either way with those 5 jettisoned yesterday we got back to playing passionate, neat, quick football on the ground, with seemingly little discontent in the camp.
January will be interesting.

Who says there's unrest. I'd love to know where this has come from and how we know for a fact that some players are causing trouble considering everyone is moaning about the lack of information coming from the club regarding injuries. The players are now separated from everyone else at the club because of covid so I don't see how unless this has come from a player or management that this is anything other than a load of bull.
As for Askey hasn't signed players so hes not playing them would you play mckirdy & Robinson after their performance the other week. they were brought in late because Robinson was lined up incase Maynard fell through and Mckirdy came in after Browne left and to me both look unfit or uninterested I'm not sure which
The poor run we've been on is down to the fact that we have a mid table budget with mid table players who aren't consistent enough

1 hour ago, dishydave said:

Who says there's unrest. I'd love to know where this has come from and how we know for a fact that some players are causing trouble considering everyone is moaning about the lack of information coming from the club regarding injuries. The players are now separated from everyone else at the club because of covid so I don't see how unless this has come from a player or management that this is anything other than a load of bull.
As for Askey hasn't signed players so hes not playing them would you play mckirdy & Robinson after their performance the other week. they were brought in late because Robinson was lined up incase Maynard fell through and Mckirdy came in after Browne left and to me both look unfit or uninterested I'm not sure which
The poor run we've been on is down to the fact that we have a mid table budget with mid table players who aren't consistent enough

I think that the club's policy of hardly commenting on injuries does not help. I guess the idea is to keep the oppo in the dark. But it does fuel conspiracy theories. Pretty counterproductive in my opinion. If McKirdy Robinson Crookes are out injured or isolating just say so. Not like any are some secret weapon.

22 hours ago, dishydave said:

Across the three of us, we've heard it from too many people now for there not be some truth to it. I can understand your reluctance to believe such 'rumours', but we haven't just randomly had one message and then read it out, we checked in to it after we got given some information. None of us of are interested in being rumourmongers (we'll leave that to Unofficial Vale on Twitter 🙂 ). We do the pod because we like doing it, not to create some sort of controversy. I hope that answers some questions!

On 06/12/2020 at 07:50, Smallthorne Dog said:

On the subject of dressing room unrest, it would be interesting to hear your thoughts.
Judging by the team andcsquad that were put out yesterday im assuming that Pope, McKirdy, Robinson, Clark and possibly Cullen are involved.
We know Askey wanted rid of Pope at the end of last season (but that didnt happen)
McKirdy and Robinson were both late additions when we thought our business was done and Clark was an emergency loan due to injuries.
So whose to blame for the unrest? Do we have any sympathy with Askey as on the face of it, he signed the majority of those players and had a chance to get rid of the other. Or is something else going on behind the scenes?
Have the owners had an influence in Pope staying, using the funds on McKirdy and Robinson, and bringing Clark back in because he is popular with the fans? Or is it all Askey's doing?
Either way with those 5 jettisoned yesterday we got back to playing passionate, neat, quick football on the ground, with seemingly little discontent in the camp.
January will be interesting.

I would blame Askey for signing McKirdy. No club gets rid of a winger who scores 11 goals in a shortened season unless he's such a big problem they need him gone to try and restore some kind of harmony at the club. It was a massive red flag, and we ignored it because he was alright during a trial period. It's not like he's even been decent in a meaningful game! 

I would be very disappointed if there wasn't squad unrest. When you're on a run like we have been on the lads not playing should be banging on the managers door wanting to be given a chance. 

I expect a few to leave in the transfer window. If I was a player in the squad I would be thinking what's the point of me being there? It's OK not getting a game when the team is winning which but not getting a game or 2 to show what you can do when the team is struggling shows I will never get a fair chance. You could argue those that came in didn't stake a claim but you need to be given more that 45 minutes here and there to find your feet.

The thing is Stupers, rumours are rumours. Unless someone sticks their head up and says X from the club (named)  said Y (named) did Z (described). Otherwise it is rather unhelpful speculation. It is rife that McKirdy and Theo are trouble makers. But without solid evidence I prefer to hold fire.

• Like 1

Players knocking on a managers door wondering why they aren’t playing isn’t unrest, that’s part and parcel of professional football. If someone else isn’t playing well or a player believes he should be getting a chance then it’s normal for them to be knocking on the managers door.

I’ve heard very credible stories from first hand sources of Mckirdys conduct during training, including getting into a spat with the manager on the training ground.