onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

On 25/09/2020 at 03:09, Smallthorne Dog said:

Just listening to the pod fellas. Couple of points to make. With regard to fans being allowed in the ground, agree 100% with everything you said about Boris' ridiculous rules... But...the Hashtag United video shows exactly why the ban remains in place. While the vast majority of responsible fans will adhere to social distancing, there will always be <ovf censored> who behave like that and ruin it for everyone else. It might be 30 or 40 of them watching a tinpot team, but in league football you could have groups of 4 or 5 hundred doing the same thing.

Ifollow is a farce, I had problems with the Scunny feed and the Crawley feed failed to work at all. As such I tuned into an illegal stream for the Exeter game. I wasn't comfortable with the club not benefitting but I'm not prepared to shell out for a sub standard service. As such if I tune in to an unofficial stream again, I will donate to the just giving page for the Lorne Street concourse. Either that, or if the club set up its own way of contributing, such as online golden goal or shirt of the back tickets, I'd purchase a few of those to the same value as the cost of the game on ifollow. That way 100% of the money goes to the club

The Hashtag United stuff does ruin it for everyone else unfortunately. You'd hope that people would take it more seriously than that.

Totally agree with the point about donating to the club. I'm used to iFollow and have my season pass, so easy for me. Seems it's not so easy for everyone else. 

Advert

And the review is out for Harrogate!

Fair to say we all thought it was an off day for Vale and nothing more serious than that. A poor performance though from most of the team. The usual runthrough, followed by 'Refwatch' from Bez, what Askey had to say and Jonny's player ratings!

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts (Plus many more). Also here https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

Our Morecambe preview is out now!

We cover the latest out of the club. Carol's attempts to get fans back in, COVID at Vale and an ex-loanee making a surprising move. Then it's in to the Morecambe match, should be a tough match. What do you think?

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts (Plus many more). Also here https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

• Like 1

We cover the latest out of the club. Carol's attempts to get fans back in, COVID at Vale and an ex-loanee making a surprising move. Then it's in to the Morecambe match, should be a tough match. What do you think?

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts (Plus many more). Also here https://aleandthevale.podbean.com
Thought the Sproson criticism was a bit OTT fellas. We don't know what's gone on there, but I would be laying the blame at Forest's door. There would have been plenty of interest in Taylor in the summer, not least from us, but Forest pissed about with him. Clubs looked elsewhere and with the salary cap now in place, most will have used their allocated budget by this point. I suspect there were very few options left for him at this stage of the season, and Sproson has had to get him in where he can.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Smallthorne Dog said:
4 hours ago, stupers said:

Thought the Sproson criticism was a bit OTT fellas. We don't know what's gone on there, but I would be laying the blame at Forest's door. There would have been plenty of interest in Taylor in the summer, not least from us, but Forest pissed about with him. Clubs looked elsewhere and with the salary cap now in place, most will have used their allocated budget by this point. I suspect there were very few options left for him at this stage of the season, and Sproson has had to get him in where he can.

As a player tied to a championship club where lets be honest he would be very lucky to break into their squad then it’s Sproson a job to get him a decent loan move. I think he’s tried to get Jake Taylor to play the waiting game, rejecting us earlier this year and hoping to get a better club and it’s backfired on him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

As a player tied to a championship club where lets be honest he would be very lucky to break into their squad then it’s Sproson a job to get him a decent loan move. I think he’s tried to get Jake Taylor to play the waiting game, rejecting us earlier this year and hoping to get a better club and it’s backfired on him. 

Spot on!Better the devil you know,comes to mind😁

Started the first episode on my break at work on Friday morning. Only managed 15 minutes or so. Audio was a bit off initially thanks to Bez sounding like he was talking through a Pringles tube from the opposite side of the room. Will definitely resume listening when I get the chance to do so.

Like what I've heard so far and I'm sure things will improve as the episodes go on and there is more scope for topics to discuss.

Keep up the good work lads. People don't realise how difficult it is to do something such as a podcast or radio summarising. Difficult task not to sound incredibly monotone, not to be iff'ing and arr'ing constantly, adding appropriate humour and keeping a flow to the discussions. 

@stupers I think your discussion in the last podcast about playing gibbo today and then resting him Tuesday goes out of the window as we don’t have anyone else who can play right back. So it wouldn’t surprise me to see him feature again which can’t be ideal. Big chance as well for some players to make a positive impression in the Wigan game after some of the individual performances today. 

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

@stupers I think your discussion in the last podcast about playing gibbo today and then resting him Tuesday goes out of the window as we don’t have anyone else who can play right back. So it wouldn’t surprise me to see him feature again which can’t be ideal. Big chance as well for some players to make a positive impression in the Wigan game after some of the individual performances today. 

Suspect you're right. We really don't have anyone who can do role with Mills being injured.

The Wigan game is big Tuesday for some players, as discussed on the review episode I'm just about to release!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Started the first episode on my break at work on Friday morning. Only managed 15 minutes or so. Audio was a bit off initially thanks to Bez sounding like he was talking through a Pringles tube from the opposite side of the room. Will definitely resume listening when I get the chance to do so.

Like what I've heard so far and I'm sure things will improve as the episodes go on and there is more scope for topics to discuss.

Keep up the good work lads. People don't realise how difficult it is to do something such as a podcast or radio summarising. Difficult task not to sound incredibly monotone, not to be iff'ing and arr'ing constantly, adding appropriate humour and keeping a flow to the discussions. 

Thanks! The audio does get better. Bezza thought he could do the 1st one on his iPad. We got him sorted for the ones after that.

12 hours ago, stupers said:

The review of the Morecambe is up!

A disappointing afternoon where dominated possession but did little with it. How do we solve the creativity issues we currently have? Was it a penalty? We try and cover it all.

Nothing like the raw emotion of commenting on a game straight after the final whistle. It adds some extra spice to the podcast. When the dust has settled on a game it would be interesting to hear if anyone’s views have softened or changed. I know you don’t normally pay too much attention to the autopaintwinsdcreeen trophy, but Tuesdays game is big for some players. If those that didn’t feature yesterday don’t look at Tuesday as a chance to shine and force their way in then theres something wrong with them.  

On 04/10/2020 at 01:50, PV1973 said:

Nothing like the raw emotion of commenting on a game straight after the final whistle. It adds some extra spice to the podcast. When the dust has settled on a game it would be interesting to hear if anyone’s views have softened or changed. I know you don’t normally pay too much attention to the autopaintwinsdcreeen trophy, but Tuesdays game is big for some players. If those that didn’t feature yesterday don’t look at Tuesday as a chance to shine and force their way in then theres something wrong with them.  

I agree with you. I think we've softened a bit on Wozza. He played great 1st game, decent 2nd game and had 2 poor games since. But like most players, he needs good passes in to him at the right positions. There's no use giving him the ball 40 yards out on the right and asking him to do something. He's not that type of player. Make sure he's in a good position, get the ball in to him so he can make that yard of space he needs to whip a ball in. Burgess has, for me been anonymous in the 2 games he's played. I just haven't really noticed he's playing and you can't carry someone like that. I think he'll be dropped for Saturday. 

Tuesday is a big night for quite a few players to take their chance. I think it's an opportunity for players to show that they are ready to step up. Monty, in my opinion is the key to getting us going again. He's a big threat from the full-back position and can put pressure on the opposition from the left-back spot. I think the other things to work out are whether Woodhead can start, do we need more pace on the wing, and who starts up top in the middle. Could be an interesting game from that standpoint, I can't watch however as I'm at work!