onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

Advert

We're just planning the pod for recording on Sunday. We're reviewing the Midfield/Wingers/Strikers this time around and looking for some one-word descriptions for each of the players under contract for those positions.

Reply below with an answer and we'll read the best ones out on the pod! Here is the list:

Midfield

Luke Joyce

Emmanuel Oyeleke

Tom Conlon

Scott Burgess

Daniel Trickett-Smith

Alex Hurst

Wingers

Rhys Browne

David Amoo

David Worrall

Strikers

Devante Rodney

Mark Cullen

Tom Pope

1 hour ago, stupers said:

Midfield

Luke Joyce - reliable

Emmanuel Oyeleke - fragile

Tom Conlon - dynamo

Scott Burgess - brave

Daniel Trickett-Smith - gone

Alex Hurst - chancer

Wingers

Rhys Browne - up and coming

David Amoo - inconsistent

David Worrall - exciting

Strikers

Devante Rodney - hopeful

Mark Cullen - finisher

Tom Pope - Mr Port Vale

• Like 2

Midfield
Luke Joyce - metronome 
Emmanuel Oyeleke - hamstrung 
Tom Conlon - lefty
Scott Burgess - revelation 
Daniel Trickett-Smith - conference 
Alex Hurst - mañana 

Wingers
Rhys Browne - understudy 
David Amoo - misunderstood 
David Worrall - duracell
Strikers
Devante Rodney - expectation
Mark Cullen - antipope
Tom Pope - twit

Episode 11 is out now!

The latest news from Vale Park as the new season is less than 6 weeks away and the players return to training! We discuss what Vale Park might be like for fans after Colin Garlick spoke this week, Askey making sure the players know what is expected of them and our final opponents for 2020/21 are confirmed.

Then we get stuck in to the 2nd part of our squad review, this week looking at the midfielders, wingers and strikers with contributions from fans as well! I think we mentioned everyone who replied on here!

Please subscribe and pass on to your friends!

If you have any thoughts on the items we discuss, please reply to us on here and we're happy to debate!

Available as ever on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts (And some other platforms as well!). Also you can listen on the Podbean app or on the website at https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

Another great Pod lads, enjoyed that.
You lot obviously see something in Amoo that I don't. Maybe I've just missed his good games . I think he flatters to deceive and while I take your point that if he was consistent he wouldn't be in league 2, I would still expect a bit more from him than we are getting. One good game in every 3 or 4 isn't good enough in my honest opinion. Give me Jeno over him anyday of the week.

Talk of Adam Le Fondre at the end there, if Vale are going to splash some big money on a "name" at this level, why not go after Brett Pitman. He's still got a couple of years left, always scores goals wherever he has been and unless the wage demands are ridiculously high, you are pretty much investing in a guaranteed return.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Smallthorne Dog said:

Another great Pod lads, enjoyed that.
You lot obviously see something in Amoo that I don't. Maybe I've just missed his good games emoji4.png. I think he flatters to deceive and while I take your point that if he was consistent he wouldn't be in league 2, I would still expect a bit more from him than we are getting. One good game in every 3 or 4 isn't good enough in my honest opinion. Give me Jeno over him anyday of the week.

Talk of Adam Le Fondre at the end there, if Vale are going to splash some big money on a "name" at this level, why not go after Brett Pitman. He's still got a couple of years left, always scores goals wherever he has been and unless the wage demands are ridiculously high, you are pretty much investing in a guaranteed return.

Jeno is one of my favourite players from the last decade Rob. The production out of him was superb, and I felt he was unfairly treated for someone who did such a good job for us. I've seen production from Amoo, but perhaps not as consistently as Jeno. I think Amoo can get there though, although I think Browne and perhaps Rodney will put him under pressure for a spot this season. Let's see how he copes with increased competition.

As for the strikers, it'll be interesting to see what Vale do there. I think they've gone quite far down the line of making the point that we're interested in a striker, for it to be some kind of Jordan Archer hit or miss prospect. So i think given we haven't made a 'big splash' signing I think we could be doing that with the striker. I like the idea of Pitman for sure, always looked a quality player. But he's never played north of Bristol, so would he make the move to us? I hope he'd be interested! Quite what that means for Pope/Cullen if such a signing was made I have no idea. It would certainly be a tough call for Askey to pick one!

2 hours ago, Smallthorne Dog said:

I think Miller and Hannant were probably at the centre of it.te

Probably. But Aspin's heart never seemed to be in it either. Not dirt digging here, just curious. Would be great if the lads could bring Aspin in. And Smurthwaite...

Keep up the good work stupers.

Edited by toyahw