onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

Episode 7 is out now!

Bezza's played a blinder and managed to get Carol Shanahan, Port Vale Chairwoman to come on for an extended chat! We cover many topics including:

- How she got hooked on the Vale

- Culture of the club

- The financial situation at Vale and in football as a whole

- The future of the club 

- The fantastic work the club and foundation have done during the pandemic

It's downloadable from the usual places (Apple, Google, Spotify Podcasts). You can also listen at https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

Please subscribe on your podcast platform and pass on to your mates. 

• Like 4

Advert

6 hours ago, andy jones said:

Got to say guys it was a brilliant interview but you should take a lot of credit for the excellent way you conducted it.

Thanks, I will pass it on! I'm sure it used be Dave F who had this username, is that still the case?

We're just having a discussion in the virtual 'Ale and the Vale' office (Social distancing of many miles applies) about goal of the season and player of the season.

Bezza and Jonny have gone for Popey at Man City for goal of the season. I've thought Jake Taylor at Leyton Orient. 

Luke Joyce was the pick for me and Jonny for player of the year. Bezza has chosen Wozza.

Any thoughts? We'll read the best ones out on the next pod!

We're just having a discussion in the virtual 'Ale and the Vale' office (Social distancing of many miles applies) about goal of the season and player of the season.

Bezza and Jonny have gone for Popey at Man City for goal of the season. I've thought Jake Taylor at Leyton Orient. 

Luke Joyce was the pick for me and Jonny for player of the year. Bezza has chosen Wozza.

Any thoughts? We'll read the best ones out on the next pod!
Worall for player of the year, his contribution to our season after being shut out under Aspin wins it for me.

I went Joyce for goal of the season, I can't imagine he's ever going to get chance to win it again!

Episode 8 is out now!

It's the 3 of us this week. It's been a surprisingly busy week at the Vale so we cover the news including:

- Nathan Smith signing a new deal!

- New Signing Alert! Devante Rodney

- News of the new season start date

We then have a quick chat about the Player of the Year and Goal of the Season awards (Spoiler - We didn't all choose Tom Pope's at Man City)

After that we go in to the first part of the squad review ahead of the 2020/2021 season (Whenever it happens). We go through the keepers and defenders on the books, and whether we need to strengthen.

Please subscribe and pass on to your friends!

If you have any thoughts on the items we discuss, please reply to us on here and we're happy to debate!

• Like 1

Episode 9 is out now!

We have a quick chat about the Zak Mills signing and how it impacts the defence. Then we're in to a chat with Port Vale cult hero Peter Swan who talks about his time at Vale, whether he was laughing when he cleared Dave Regis' shot off the line, and whether Robbie Williams knows his own bank balance. As long as you don't mind a bit of swearing, it's not to be missed!

• Like 1

We're back with Episode 10! We go through the latest news for Vale, with a start date for next season, the Tom Pope disciplinary outcome and who’d we would like to win the National League play-off final.

Then we’re in to our big interview with ex-Vale and all-round top bloke Louis Dodds. Nothing is off limits here and we discuss among other things:

- His 1st season and the turmoil on and off the field
- Jim Gannon and the Accrington toilets
- The 2012/2013 season, from Dave Artell leaving, the Fleetwood goal and the amazing dressing room
- How and why he left in 2016
- His return in 2019 and how it worked with Neil Aspin

Doddsy also shares yet again his world famous train impression! What’s not to like?!

If you have any thoughts on the items we discuss, please reply to us on here and we're happy to debate!

After many years away from OVF, the podcast has inspired me to get back on the forum. When I first heard about it (from Bezza in a messenger group i’m A member of, I wasn’t enthusiastic. I have to admit I was expecting it to be a bit cringy and amateurish. How wrong I was. 

I listened to the Carol episode  first, and am currently binge listening to the other episodes. The three of you bounce off each other really well, and it’s great to have in-depth discussion in minute detail about my club, which even in the local press doesn’t get in depth coverage. The guests have all been great and insightful,  and the analysis of the players, tactics, games etc has been really good.

In recent years I think i’ve Just got into the habit of going to games and watching it and then forgetting about it pretty quickly, but the podcast has rekindled my enthusiasm to really get back into the running of the club, analysis of the games and  sharing my opinions again.

Well done lads. Keep up the good work.

• Like 2

Ah cheers Rob, great to hear from you! I hope you and the family are well. 

You've basically nailed what we're trying to do, and I'm glad it's rekindled your passion in any way. 

It will be great to get your opinions on what's happening at the club. We're hoping to get more fan interaction going as the season nears, on here and other forms of social media. I hope you will be a part of it!

Yeh, we are all good thanks Stu, hope you are keeping well? Looking forward to more from the podcast and will be more than happy to have a bit of interaction. Although I don't do Twitter, so will have to find an alternative way

Ah cheers Rob, great to hear from you! I hope you and the family are well. 
You've basically nailed what we're trying to do, and I'm glad it's rekindled your passion in any way. 
It will be great to get your opinions on what's happening at the club. We're hoping to get more fan interaction going as the season nears, on here and other forms of social media. I hope you will be a part of it!

• Like 1

Yes all good mate, certainly as well as can hope!

I'll be using this thread to run questions through for the upcoming podcasts so people can interact on here, as well as Facebook and Twitter. I love OVF and like you spent many a hour (or day!) on here over the years until one forum member ruined it for everyone for a while. Glad I'm back on here and hope we can add some extra debate to OVF, as it's a great place to have a discussion about the Vale. RobF is plugging the pod, so we're trying to plug OVF in return.