onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

Advert

Really enjoyed that pod. It’s alway good to look back at previous predictions and comments and see what became of them. The best of the bunch have to be the early comments about Wilson and Garrity. Always good to be proved wrong in a positive way though. I agree with Bez about the 3 out of contract players, I think that Benning could be the one not to sign, purely because of him being out of the squad for so long. I know he had a good last couple of games, but would that be enough to guarantee him starting next season? At his age he should be playing regularly. 

I enjoyed listening to the recent pod as I always do! My eyes started to water up listening to Bezza talk about Tony Green. I know of someone who spent 19 hours in a waffle house due to losing a competition and couldn't <ovf censored> right for a week due to eating 5 waffles! 

Agree with Stu about the Ipswich keeper, I don't think Bishop would be an improvement over Stone at this point. I will defend Harry Charsley to the end, he's a valuable player to Vale and should get more minutes next year due to the new 5 sub rule. His effort is great as you saw against Barrow leading up to Martins goal as an example, I agree again with Stu that if he wanted more minutes elsewhere maybe let him go but I think he'll be an important overlooked piece next year.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Some very good points made in that chat on the latest news. Quite well balanced. I did think that might have been a bit of a safe and boring guest, actually turned out to be an interesting chat with Dan. Good stuff throughout. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 2

Really enjoyed listening to the pod at the weekend, thought Dan was an excellent guest and gave a great view of some of the back office functions.  Also it came across that he puts a huge amount of love and effort in to a team that's not his first team and seems to enjoy it a great deal.

More proof, if ever we needed it, of the development of the club under Carol and Kevin.

KTF! UTV!

• Like 2

Dont know if anyone has listened to the new A&V pod today with the Shanahan's as guests.  It really is excellent.

This one is quite lengthy at two and a half hours but it really is bloody marvellous.  Get it downloaded and have a listen. 

Makes you really proud of being a Valiant

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just had a listen Osh, thank you.

Above everything else it's so good to know it's not just Carol and Kevin, it's the Shanahan family.

Listening to Patrick Shanahan was wonderful. Clearly a very intelligent, visionary and caring young man.

A wonderfully enjoyable couple of hours.

As Carol said in closing the chat 

Up The Vale!

BTW I thought Carol's comments regarding Popey are so caring and magnanimous. 

Edited by andy jones
  • Like 7

Absolutely brilliant pod with Carol and Paddy.

A really good relaxed chat which made me laugh and tear up in equal measure. 

I see posters are jumping on the bandwagon about Paddy getting involved with player signings. Fans need to remember he is there watching and learning about all the different operations of the club because one day he might be running the ship. 

• Like 3