onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

Really struggling to understand the arguement that Covalon made a mistake and we should treat it the same as if he dropped the ball into the net.

Kicking someone for no reason isn't an accident. It was a stupid and malicious decision. If a motorist loses control of a car and runs someone down then that's a mistake, an accident. If they intentionally veer onto the pavement and run someone over then that's attempted murder and they should be put in prison. You can't compare the two.

• Like 1

Advert

Really struggling to understand the arguement that Covalon made a mistake and we should treat it the same as if he dropped the ball into the net.
Kicking someone for no reason isn't an accident. It was a stupid and malicious decision. If a motorist loses control of a car and runs someone down then that's a mistake, an accident. If they intentionally veer onto the pavement and run someone over then that's attempted murder and they should be put in prison. You can't compare the two.
I think that is a harsh view to take. Would you be of the same opinion everytime a player pushes someone, puts their head into the opposition or makes a horrendous challenge. These are split second decisions in the heat of the moment.

He will be banned for a number of games and the number one jersey should now be Stones to lose. I would hope that Stone is given as many errors as Covolan has before being dropped. If that does happen then Covolan will get another chance.

To sign another keeper this window would be very kneejerk especially considering most were more than happy with him 45 minutes previously.

I thought he should have been dropped when he let that shot through him months ago. He then saved a penalty and all was forgotten. DC said he shouldn't be hung out to dry and I agree, despite the fact DC kind of went on to do the opposite in his interview.
  • Like 1

I mostly agreed with Jonny tbf. Only thing I’d disagree on is that I’d keep Stone in if he does well, as I think it’s now his place to lose. But I’m not writing off Covolan after his moment of madness, hopefully he learns from it and doesn’t do it again. He’s clearly the better keeper - only had to see Stone getting caught in no man’s land yesterday and almost getting lobbed.

6 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

I think that is a harsh view to take. Would you be of the same opinion everytime a player pushes someone, puts their head into the opposition or makes a horrendous challenge. These are split second decisions in the heat of the moment.

He will be banned for a number of games and the number one jersey should now be Stones to lose. I would hope that Stone is given as many errors as Covolan has before being dropped. If that does happen then Covolan will get another chance.

I've just never seen a goalkeeper getting sent off for kicking a player whilst safely catching a ball. It just doesn't happen. Why would it? Not even a rush of blood to the head after being sycthed down or something. Just pure madness from Covalan.

He's a good keeper but he's not good enough to justify a few sendings off a season. I'm happy to give him another chance though, as Clarke has made it clear that another stupid sending off and he's out the club.

15 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

To sign another keeper this window would be very kneejerk especially considering most were more than happy with him 45 minutes previously.

I thought he should have been dropped when he let that shot through him months ago. He then saved a penalty and all was forgotten. DC said he shouldn't be hung out to dry and I agree, despite the fact DC kind of went on to do the opposite in his interview.

kneejerk? if stones is injured, whose the keeper?????????????🤨

45 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

kneejerk? if stones is injured, whose the keeper?????????????🤨

For the next 3-4 games whilst Cov is banned, in the unlikely circumstance that Stone gets injured during a game you bring on the youth keeper (Collinge I think or whoever has replaced him) for that game. If at that point there are any games left of Covolan's ban you get in an emergency loan. Paying someone a wage for a minimum of 6 months to cover a highly unlikely scenario seems daft to me. If Covolan couldn't play due to a long term injury like Visser had then it would be a different story. We signed Scott last year and didn't trust him to play once when Brown lost all confidence and couldn't stop a bus.

• Like 2

Enjoyed listening. Worralls quality dipped second half for me too. I think you’re right that Clarkes changes after Hall went off killed the link up play between Worrall and gibbo, as Salford had struggled to get to grips with them. But once we swapped we lost that momentum they’d built up.

You’re also not the first fans to mention crosses into the box, they’re pointless when we don’t have strikers who are good enough in the air and if you hadn’t noticed we haven’t really played like that all season. And that’s Husseys game, putting crosses in.  So why has Clarke changed our approach play around the box? Because it hasn’t worked this last couple of games. 

Edited by PV1973

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

Worrall man of the match Ahahaha how many beers did you have lads. He lost the ball every time he got it second half. Was worst player on pitch second period

Worrall had his worst game ever in a Vale shirt. 

Nothing like football though is there .

We have had Smith at the ground ( laughable) and now Worrall. 

Although I'll openly admit I can't name my own man of the match as nobody stood out 

Thanks for your efforts Stu. Why are you off? Did I miss something? Worrall spent so much time diving that was the reason he didn't get the penno when it was one. Think the ref and liner were fed up with him. Nothing against the bloke, one of our best players. Often isolated and trying to buy a free kick was his only option.

On 17/01/2022 at 10:57, wotsyobeef said:

For the next 3-4 games whilst Cov is banned, in the unlikely circumstance that Stone gets injured during a game you bring on the youth keeper (Collinge I think or whoever has replaced him) for that game. If at that point there are any games left of Covolan's ban you get in an emergency loan. Paying someone a wage for a minimum of 6 months to cover a highly unlikely scenario seems daft to me. If Covolan couldn't play due to a long term injury like Visser had then it would be a different story. We signed Scott last year and didn't trust him to play once when Brown lost all confidence and couldn't stop a bus.

collinge is injured!-name that goalie?