onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

Enjoyed that one and even though he’s a Burton fan he’s still knowledgable about our team through his podcast. 

Not sure Bez got the right end of the stick with Yates stoke comments about smith and gibbo. I thought he meant they’d be good enough for that level. I’m not sure it’s going to be as easy as waving a new contract under their noses though to get to sign with us. I think they’ll wait it out. 

• Like 1

Advert

9 hours ago, Wrex said:

How does Bez feel about Garrity now?

More than happy to eat humble pie given his latest performances (not just last night) I thought he was excellent last night and head and shoulders above everyone. I think the ‘false 9’ suited him very well as the main part of that job is run, put pressure on the defence and make a nuisance of yourself. Took his goals well and got into the box timing his runs well. Long may it continue 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DannyBezza said:

More than happy to eat humble pie given his latest performances (not just last night) I thought he was excellent last night and head and shoulders above everyone. I think the ‘false 9’ suited him very well as the main part of that job is run, put pressure on the defence and make a nuisance of yourself. Took his goals well and got into the box timing his runs well. Long may it continue 

It a hard thing to change your mind based on what is in front of you. And not one football fans tend to do often. So chapeau to you.  I'm not convinced he's top quality, but he is relatively new to league football given his age. So can improve. And putting in a shift for the team under the circumstances. So fair play to him.

And for a scouser seems a nice bloke.

• Like 1

Newport preview!

Plenty of injured striker chat, with even more injured if that was possible! We cover the cup draw, and why they put awful games on TV. And we discuss Bezza's new sideline of Xmas gift ideas and what he's up to at the Newport game! Then we discuss Newport and their recent improvements. It looks a difficult game given the injury situation, can Vale pull off a victory?

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

Newport Review!

Bezza is back from his Radio Stoke gig and has graciously found time to fit us in to review the game! A tough afternoon against a good side who will be up there at the end of the season. Were there any positives to take? Was it a red? We answer as much as we can!

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

22 hours ago, stupers said:

Newport Review!

Bezza is back from his Radio Stoke gig and has graciously found time to fit us in to review the game! A tough afternoon against a good side who will be up there at the end of the season. Were there any positives to take? Was it a red? We answer as much as we can!

Did burgess get picked out for both goals? It looks like Pett who they play a 1-2 around on this footage for the first goal:

Jones looks to get they deciding touch as well. The second goal is equally as bad though, Burgess gives their lad way too much room.  

There’s a good view of the red card incident as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

We're talking the season so far tomorrow morning! Along with a few other items! But we'd like your thoughts on............

What's your best moment of the season? 

What's the worst?

What do Vale need to do in January to get promoted?

We'll drop a few responses in with our discussion and we'll release it tomorrow!

Has to be the injury time against Orient and Proctor's winner, was the first win I had seen live in 20 months and felt a ghost had bee laid to rest from Tranmere last season... until we played Sutton days later anyway!

What's the worst?

Walsall was bad... but it was that bad I could be angry about it, Oldham for me was worse, they were absolute dross and we should of been way out of sight and likely would have been had it been for any fit strikers! Felt a mugging and the defending was terrible but you know its bad when their fans rather than gloat were messaging on twitter suggesting we call crime watch!

Dominant centre half who's solid in the air, I always bang on about Piergianni but he's exactly the type I would love to have! Another striker is a must to cover for injuries, if greedy maybe two of them, we cant afford to be in this situation again if we are to challenge.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stupers said:

We're talking the season so far tomorrow morning! Along with a few other items! But we'd like your thoughts on............

What's the worst?

We'll drop a few responses in with our discussion and we'll release it tomorrow!

Best 

Forest Green nowhere near as emotional as Orient but pivotal in finally getting the season going 

Worst 

Walsall.  Not just because it was them, but what on earth was that performance about. So out of character. 

To get promotion 

Purse and Hughes equivalent.  Not convinced by either Legge or Martin. 

Maybe a Championship striker on loan in the mould of Tyler Walker under calamity Brown 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Hughes equivalent. 

If Proctor and Wilson are still gonna be injured for most of Jan then obviously we need goals, but with Hughes in the side in 12/13 we went from contenders to win the league to barely scraping 3rd so I'm not sure he's the best example.

• Like 1