onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

Advert

20 minutes ago, vale victory said:

Absolutely no one should be above a 4 maybe smith a 5 perhaps , who voted gibbo motm btw ????

Easily man of the match. Defended well one on one and at least he was showing passion and desire to try and make things happen for us down the right with his movement, link up play and runs. Granted not everything was coming off for him and he didn’t always get the ball back when he’d made a run, but you can’t fault what he was trying do. We can’t rely on one player trying to drag us through games because no one else was stepping up and showing the desire in wearing in the shirt, and that’s the first time I’ve thought that this season. 

Edited by PV1973

I thought that was one of Gibbo's worst performances for a long while. But he was one of the better ones, tells you something. Who else deserves above a 0? Cov, Smithy, Garrity and Amoo at a push. And maybe, just maybe, Rodders is worth a 1. At least we looked better (not hard) with him up top.

Edited by toyahw

4 hours ago, toyahw said:

I thought that was one of Gibbo's worst performances for a long while. But he was one of the better ones, tells you something. Who else deserves above a 0? Cov, Smithy, Garrity and Amoo at a push. And maybe, just maybe, Rodders is worth a 1. At least we looked better (not hard) with him up top.

No doubt it was. But it’s an impossible task when on the face of it only one player was looking to drive at the opposition, attempt any semblance of link up play or energy to get us going or to get at that them. Whilst every player was making mistakes the worst thing about the game was players looking like they were constantly on the back foot, like they were reacting to everything second best, not even attempting to get on the ball, not making the movements we’ve been used to this season or just waiting for someone else to do something. Hiding probably sums up some players performances actually. I’m in the Lorne st so seeing gibbos game close up on that side all night for a change made it (to me) more visible about what he was trying to do to drive the team. It didn’t always come off for him, but I think he tried to make it work which is more than I can say for most and we need everyone firing not just one trying to. Smith was in the same boat for me too but he’s a centre half and can’t have the same impact on a game. I’ll listen to the pod on the way to work later but it’ll be interesting to see if just those 2 get picked out as the only ones at least trying to make something happen. They should do for my money. 

Edited by PV1973

Easily man of the match. Defended well one on one and at least he was showing passion and desire to try and make things happen for us down the right with his movement, link up play and runs. Granted not everything was coming off for him and he didn’t always get the ball back when he’d made a run, but you can’t fault what he was trying do. We can’t rely on one player trying to drag us through games because no one else was stepping up and showing the desire in wearing in the shirt, and that’s the first time I’ve thought that this season. 

That was as bad as I’ve seen gibbo play ever
Kept giving the ball away time after time
Can’t fault his effort but he had zero quality last night I’m afraid
  • Like 1

Good honest Pod lads... Personally I think Bez went a little too far when he used the phrase "I don't like the lad" when talking about Garrity. But I think/hope that was a slip of the tongue and was meant to be a reference to his technical footballing ability rather than a view on the an himself. I may have also misheard so apologies if that's what's happened,

The pod also raises a very interesting view of Sproson... personally I think he is conflicted and shouldn't be used on Radio Stoke to further his own business and self serving interests.

Thankfully Flickers and DC are weening Port Vale off his toxic bosom.

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Good honest Pod lads... Personally I think Bez went a little too far when he used the phrase "I don't like the lad" when talking about Garrity. But I think/hope that was a slip of the tongue and was meant to be a reference to his technical footballing ability rather than a view on the an himself. I may have also misheard so apologies if that's what's happened,

"don't like the bloke", not lad. But I'm sure Bez means he doesn't like him as a player as there is no reason to dislike him as a person. Poorly phrased.

13 minutes ago, Wrex said:

"don't like the bloke", not lad. But I'm sure Bez means he doesn't like him as a player as there is no reason to dislike him as a person. Poorly phrased.

Totally agree... I'm 100% sure there is no malice in it at all and it was a slip of the tongue... Bez was quite rightly emotional after the game as I was!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Totally agree... I'm 100% sure there is no malice in it at all and it was a slip of the tongue... Bez was quite rightly emotional after the game as I was!

sorry it was not meant personally. Emotion was high he comes across as a very committed and decent bloke if I am honest. Personally I don’t rate him as a footballer. It’s a game of opinions and I don’t really see what he offers at all. Give me Walker or Taylor or even burgess before him who have some technical ability on the ball. I will give you he works hard and runs and there maybe games we need that, but a game where we have more of the ball we need technical footballers on the pitch for me. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DannyBezza said:

sorry it was not meant personally. Emotion was high he comes across as a very committed and decent bloke if I am honest. Personally I don’t rate him as a footballer. It’s a game of opinions and I don’t really see what he offers at all. Give me Walker or Taylor or even burgess before him who have some technical ability on the ball. I will give you he works hard and runs and there maybe games we need that, but a game where we have more of the ball we need technical footballers on the pitch for me. 

No stress mate, knew it wouldn't have been anything more than a footballing opinion. And trust me I was as emotional as the next bloke last night.

Walker / or Taylor have a real chance now with Conlon's ban to stake a claim. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

What did he say this time? Haven't heard it, so kept hoping it would be explained 

During the Oldham game he was asked about Jake Taylor & he couldn't have been any less subtle about Taylor's frustration at not starting games & getting match time. He basically alluded to the fact Taylor wasn't happy & if things continued, would be open to a move in a couple of months time.

For me he shouldn't be commenting on Taylor & his situation on live radio. It's a poor question to ask him from Radio Stoke's perspective, but Sproson needs to pipe down. He's mugged Taylor right off because as soon as DC got wind it was never going to end well, hence him being out of the squad last night. I'll be amazed if he makes the squad on Saturday but Conlon's absence might force DCs hand.