Sign in to follow this  
News Feed

Sentinel: Chairman of Port Vale's rivals Stevenage argues passionately against relegation

Perhaps if his side had spent less time rolling around on the floor pretending to be injured to try and get another teams players sent off they would have had more time to accumulate more points.

• Like 2

By any measurement his team were the worst in the division. Saying it’s wrong that a Mathematical formula relegates them ignores that he thinks it’s right that a virus should save them. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Ridiculous. 3 wins all season. Look I know if we were in the same boat, I’d argue the same but come on. 

Hope they do get relegated there’s to many of these little non league clubs in the league like Crawley forest green Fleetwood Salford Crewe 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are any more charges due against Macc’ which with more points deductions would see them finish bottom ?
Or is the final table as it stands now irrespective of any further sanctions ?

Have the national league decided who and how many teams they are promoting ? 
Still so many unanswered questions. 

20 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Hope they do get relegated there’s to many of these little non league clubs in the league like Crawley forest green Fleetwood Salford Crewe 

Of whom four were bankrolled and still have no fan base .

The other just has no fan base 😂

2 minutes ago, RailwayRowdy said:

Are any more charges due against Macc’ which with more points deductions would see them finish bottom ?
Or is the final table as it stands now irrespective of any further sanctions ?

Have the national league decided who and how many teams they are promoting ? 
Still so many unanswered questions. 

I'm sure there's potentially one more charge against Macc for failure to pay wages . 

National League are no nearer knowing, the Notts County manager is still harbouring hopes that they will have the play offs

• Thanks 1

On merit, Stevenage were comfortably the worst team in the league and couldn't have any complaints if they were relegated.

The only argument for not doing so would be if the National League didn't have a start date for next season. It wouldn't be responsible for the EFL to relegate a member club that had nowhere to go and play its football.

But assuming the National League can resolve its own issues regarding promotion, relegation and football restarting by the time the EFL needs some certainty from them, then you'd expect them to have to go.

• Like 2

I don’t think Stevenage should be relegated to the NationalLeague.

they should go a lot lower than that if not out of business all together along with Crewe.

I understand others POV, but at least they did fulfil their fixtures and paid their players. It is for that reason that I think Macc should go to protect the integrity of the league for next season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

I'm pleased to see the discussions taking place about mandated salary caps. No more wage inflation from nobodies trying to buy the league. 8 grand a week at Salford in front of a few hundred home fans who are really Man Utd fans, it is a disgrace. Get them gone and get Notts County etc back. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Some pathetic comments on here.

Good point, well explained.

16 hours ago, Doha said:

I'm pleased to see the discussions taking place about mandated salary caps. No more wage inflation from nobodies trying to buy the league. 8 grand a week at Salford in front of a few hundred home fans who are really Man Utd fans, it is a disgrace. Get them gone and get Notts County etc back. 

Notts County had plenty of money when they went down. Had one of the biggest budgets. They were simply rubbish. 

On 26/05/2020 at 20:09, ollyandpatch said:

Some pathetic comments on here.

No surprise  , its always the same nonsense from the same posters ..best described as braindead 🙂