onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained List

Jacko51

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I don't think Trickett -Smith has any future at the club, he was just one of Norms potential moneymaker signings.

The was an interview with Pugh just before Christmas saying how well he'd done at Curzon and that he thought he was capable of being in the squad in the New Year. Not much heard about him thereafter, although I think he went on loan to FC United. He does have ability, Liverpool obviously saw that and I thought he looked ok against Newcastle. Not sure he has been completely written BUT he needs a massive preseason. He's had lots of football opportunities and August will probably be the last one he gets to make it. It took Pope 2 years before he was ready for league football, so not impossible he'll come through.

Advert

22 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I don't think it is about ability...

Just watched the Newcastle game back. The ball for the Browne goal that was disallowed was Premiership class, unlucky with a good header in the second half. He looked like he was blowing quite a lot from early in the game and he needs to find a way to not drift in and out of games if he is to make the step up. Think he's better suited to the right of a midfield 3 than on the wing. Won a surprising number of headers considering his lack of height. If he was an 18 year old out of the youth team you'd have said it was a good debut. Considering his age I'd say it was steady not spectacular. Fitness levels not really up to standard, so I'd agree.

35 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I wonder if Nathan is enjoying his retirement from football?

Why, who else from Vale's squad has played since March?!

You seem to have some strange vendetta against Smith.

Almost as bizarre as your ridiculous regular insistence that we should have been playing, and then giving a new contract to, Dan bleedin' Turner!

5 minutes ago, TheSage said:

I've only just seen where Cullen has put pen to paper.

If he can stay fully fit he's a big asset. Great first touch, awareness and scoring ability.

Delighted with that.

Yes, good news, though I would have preferred him to get a 2 year deal. He's a proven goal-getter.

Yes, good news, though I would have preferred him to get a 2 year deal. He's a proven goal-getter.
It's probably because of his injuries that he seems to suffer from a lot but hopefully we have an appearance clause where we can extend if he plays more next season

15 minutes ago, dishydave said:
44 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

It's probably because of his injuries that he seems to suffer from a lot but hopefully we have an appearance clause where we can extend if he plays more next season

If he stays fit and keeps banging in the goals, I’m sure we would offer him another contract.

Archived