onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained List

Jacko51

Advert

13 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Overall when you consider how many games he’s played I don’t think there’s been that many bad ones. I know that fans like to focus on negatives rather than positives, but when you look back at his time here since he broke into the team there’s been more good / steady personal performances than outright bad ones. That’s why he’s getting himself a move. 

Is he better than John Stones? 😁 It is a big jump to the Championship, but even some PL players steal a wage. I suppose you need a "break" into that level. All I can say is that he went to Torquay on loan, worked hard and was well liked by fans and management, came back and has been a solid part of the team. So as a professional he has got to do what is best for him. Just a pity we cannot get a fee.

49 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Overall when you consider how many games he’s played I don’t think there’s been that many bad ones. I know that fans like to focus on negatives rather than positives, but when you look back at his time here since he broke into the team there’s been more good / steady personal performances than outright bad ones. That’s why he’s getting himself a move. 

I agree entirely with you. I was just pointing out that he had quite a sticky spell and lost his way. Overall he has been excellent. 

12 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Guess we have needed a new boo boy since Lloyd left... pile on lads!! 

The funny thing is a thought a good few rubbish players the year before, and look what happened this season, on the door step to Promotion until this virus intervened, its surprising what a good bit of self belief and confidence can do, let's keep believing keep positive and all pulling together we will succeed, up the Vale, THE SHANAHAN WAY. 

15 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Let's hope that Stoke aren't just messing with his head to annoy us! Big gamble. We sign a replacement and then they change their minds. 

I think it's a conspiracy theory too far myself.

1. Nathan Smith will be well aware that by not getting back to the Vale on the offer he will have burned his bridges. I doubt he'll think he can come back if a deal collapses.

2. If Vale sign a replacement and a deal between Stoke and Smith breaks down then Vale will simply not take Smith on. As John Askey said to Radio Stoke, the club will just move on without Nathan Smith. That central defensive position is now held by someone else.

3. It presumes that if Stoke don't sign him there aren't other irons in the fire for Smith at other clubs. If Stoke muck him about, presumably he'll speak to one of the other interested parties.

As he has Championship clubs in for him its niave to say he is easily replacable. There are a number of good centrehalves at this level available but none attracting attention at the same level as Smith. His strength is his consistency, which a lot of league 2 players struggle with.

We were looking to sign a centrehalf if Smith stayed, so I'm guessing its 2 now.

I like smith. I don't think he's championship level but who knows with better coaching he certainly improved under Askey & kevan this year. But even if it doesn't work out for him he can drop back down no problem. At 24 he would be daft not to try as far replacing him Askey isnt daft he would have be planning for this as soon as the first contract offers were turned down

13 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Guess we have needed a new boo boy since Lloyd left... pile on lads!! 

Think you have alluded to this before ?  Crookes is the boo boy in waiting, and Amoo every other game. We have form for it going back a while. JMW the biggest recipient yet his goals and assists were superb. 

1 hour ago, robf said:

I think it's a conspiracy theory too far myself.

1. Nathan Smith will be well aware that by not getting back to the Vale on the offer he will have burned his bridges. I doubt he'll think he can come back if a deal collapses.

2. If Vale sign a replacement and a deal between Stoke and Smith breaks down then Vale will simply not take Smith on. As John Askey said to Radio Stoke, the club will just move on without Nathan Smith. That central defensive position is now held by someone else.

3. It presumes that if Stoke don't sign him there aren't other irons in the fire for Smith at other clubs. If Stoke muck him about, presumably he'll speak to one of the other interested parties.

Do you think they have forgotten about the "we stood there laughing" plane banner?

46 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Do you think they have forgotten about the "we stood there laughing" plane banner?

Fan banter is one thing, running a professional football club is another. I'm sure we'd have heard by now if Stoke weren't interested in signing Smith; I think all they're doing now is haggling over price and (from Smith's point of view) seeing if anyone else comes in with a better offer.

Personally I think he'd be mad to go to Stoke; but in the end money talks and Stoke certainly have more of it than Vale.

Again, one Stoke gimp on twitter has linked him to the scum. He has done it on three occasions over the last year. Because he wants the scum to sign him.

Some of you are talking as if the scum have put out a press release saying they're signing him.

I will go and tweet we're after Robert Pires for director of half time catering. Dead cert.

As I have previously mentioned, I am tired of his plssing about. Seven months in. If you don't want to be here then hurry up and announce a departure, and plss off so we can move on. As I have also previously eluded to, in a hypothetical world where this transfer, a Vale player to the scum, was announced, I would bite his legs off. 

Archived