onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained List

Jacko51

Again, I have no time for being strung along. It's disrespectful to the club. If you're going to plss off then hurry up and do it. Tra, bye bye. 7 months we first started these negotiations with Smith. 

Advert

Yeah,  tend to agree. Very good player for us Smithy. Could bring us in a bob or two in a transfer fee if he stays. But I've seen nothing to make me think he is more than a mid L1 level player. Which for us at the moment is okay. But this has dragged on too long. If he wants off, time to say goodbye and move on. 

1 hour ago, toyahw said:

Yeah,  tend to agree. Very good player for us Smithy. Could bring us in a bob or two in a transfer fee if he stays. But I've seen nothing to make me think he is more than a mid L1 level player. Which for us at the moment is okay. But this has dragged on too long. If he wants off, time to say goodbye and move on. 

Agree with this. Good player at this level but certainly not worth breaking the bank for. There are plenty of good centre-halves at this level available, so I’m not really losing sleep about this. We were hardly an iron curtain with him in the team. Good luck Smithy and I’m sure Port Vale will prosper just fine without you. UTV. 

6 minutes ago, ethan and archies dad said:

I doubt if its true but Stoke pay their 19/20 year old right back £40k a week and Shawcross closer to £100k, so lets be honest if they come in for him and he sits in the reserves he is going to be set for life

Think that is a bit far fetched to be honest, although they do have a ridiculous wage budget for the Championship. I’d imagine Shawcross is on between £30k -£50k a week depending on what the reduction was after relegation. 

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Brisley is a more than adequate for this league with championship and league 1 experience.

sign a cheap backup and use the extra money we were offering him to increase the budget for a goal scorer, or towards getting Mitch Clark back.

Could Adam Crookes step up and take his chance!! He his 18 months younger slightly taller / heavier than Nathan, just a thought. He never really got a chance at c/back, then seemed to lose his way after his injury, up the Vale, what I want my Saturdays back 

5 minutes ago, ethan and archies dad said:

Total madness but that is the going preimership rate I guess. Shawcross has a clause he has to be top earner as well 

How many years of parachute payments have they got? I’m pretty sure next season is their last one. Surely they will run into problems with FFP?  

Funny how he’s being dismissed as an average player or only league one quality just because he hasn’t signed a deal. Don’t forget we are a league two side and we need players like him to build on and around. We saw last season what a good partnership he formed with Legge and Smith got better and had a really good season IMO. Virtually ever present and chipped in with a handful of goals too, that shouldn’t be underestimated. Of course we may get someone to replace him who’s as good, but we’re potentially losing a vital cog in what Askey is building.

23 minutes ago, bycarspete said:

Could Adam Crookes step up and take his chance!! He his 18 months younger slightly taller / heavier than Nathan, just a thought. He never really got a chance at c/back, then seemed to lose his way after his injury, up the Vale, what I want my Saturdays back 

No chance,. He's rubbish. He never found his way in the first place. Bloody dreadful LB and no way capable of playing in a two at CB. Totally duff in the air. Maybe as one of a three at a push? Seen all his games mate and I don't like to say it but he is one of, if not the, worst players on our books. Based on past performance.

He's really bad at everything to be honest. 

33 minutes ago, bycarspete said:

Yes, I think Adam Crookes needs to be given a chance a centre half. He served time at left back and did OK for a player not natural to the position. I think he is at the same level of distribution as Smith but bigger build. Can't look past Smith's games played and that is a big reason to keep him if we can. Looks like I don't agree with Toyahw. Sorry.

10 minutes ago, toyahw said:

No chance,. He's rubbish. He never found his way in the first place. Bloody dreadful LB and no way capable of playing in a two at CB. Totally duff in the air. Maybe as one of a three at a push? Seen all his games mate and I don't like to say it but he is one of, if not the, worst players on our books. Based on past performance.

He's really bad at everything to be honest. 

Guess we have needed a new boo boy since Lloyd left... pile on lads!! 

Archived