onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained List

Jacko51

Advert

Burton might not be a glamour club but it's a clear step up. A higher league and a bigger wage. And he could stay local. It wouldn't surprise me at all, if they or Shrewsbury or BR or Lincoln showed an interest.

No-one heard anything yet? It is 17th today. Has the deadline passed?

43 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Burton might not be a glamour club but it's a clear step up. A higher league and a bigger wage. And he could stay local. It wouldn't surprise me at all, if they or Shrewsbury or BR or Lincoln showed an interest.

No-one heard anything yet? It is 17th today. Has the deadline passed?

Lincoln might be a good shout as they released Bostwick who was a regular 

Imagine after our defending twice against them in their two visits to Vale Park the last season they wouldn't be touching our centre halves with a barge pole!

Burton is one of those, could easily overtake them in 12 months time.

Would be nice to see confirmation the other 6 have actually signed though rather than just agreed.

He's a scrapper and a marker but does lack a bit of height to compete against the big strong boys like Rhead, where you need a Hazell or a Swan to subdue those bustling types.

I thought he improved a lot on the ground this season but still isn't great with the ball at his feet and is light years away from being a Dean Glover.

We've all got different opinions on the matter and it'll be interesting to see if anyone bites or he stays with us.

23 minutes ago, TheSage said:

He's a scrapper and a marker but does lack a bit of height to compete against the big strong boys like Rhead, where you need a Hazell or a Swan to subdue those bustling types.

I thought he improved a lot on the ground this season but still isn't great with the ball at his feet and is light years away from being a Dean Glover.

We've all got different opinions on the matter and it'll be interesting to see if anyone bites or he stays with us.

I'm sceptical he will get Championship offers. There would be quite a few question marks if he was being scouted at that level. There are a lot of players who need to get promoted to play in the top 2 leagues because there are a few obvious question marks about their ability to make the transition. Where he might get interest is an ambitious but smaller league one side.

2 hours ago, dishydave said:

He's not good enough on the ball for championship level. For me what we need is a a ball playing centre half when we replace Smith

I prefer centrehalves who can defend. If a player can defend and be described as ball playing I'd question why he was in league 2.

Archived