onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained List

Jacko51

On 19/05/2020 at 16:23, Guitar Ray said:

👍🏻  McKirdy can knob off.  There’ll be decent players with better attitudes.

I know Harry and a few of his family through my job and he actually is a good lad. Hes young and fiery but there is nothing wrong with his attitude. If he did sign for us which he probably wouldn't you would change your mind quickly. 

Advert

11 hours ago, WV said:

I know Harry and a few of his family through my job and he actually is a good lad. Hes young and fiery but there is nothing wrong with his attitude. If he did sign for us which he probably wouldn't you would change your mind quickly. 

Not according to Carlisle supporters on twitter, classed as the best player at the club .....but unprofessional, contemptuous of the supporters. not the type of character we need, disrespectful,  I could go on, that's from supporters about their leading goal scorer, after seeing his behaviour at Crewe I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Vale.

Incidentally he's 23 so it's time he grew up.

12 hours ago, WV said:

You're absolutely correct, I would change my mind quickly.  Not for the reasons you give, but simply that I will back anyone who puts on the black and white jersey 110%.  However, currently he's not one of our players, so I'll reiterate what I said previously, he can knob off.  As good, or bad, as McKirdy may be there WILL be decent players with BETTER attitudes available this summer.

A big part of the reason why we suddenly looked a decent side this season is because of the overall squad mentality and attitude. The players all go on about what a good dressing room it is at the club now - and someone like McKirdy for all of his talent could ruin that. Part of the reason why Liverpool have been so good under Klopp over the last couple of years isn't just because of the ability within the squad but because of the mentality at the club that's installed by him and the players. When you think about the likes of Henderson, Milner and Alexander-Arnold you think of outstanding professionals who set an example every time they train. Henderson and especially Milner weren't blessed with tons of natural ability at birth - Both have had to work like troopers throughout their careers to improve and be where they are today as men and footballers. I see something similar now at Vale with the likes of Brown, Legge and Joyce - Proper pro's who set a good example. You can now add Tom Pope to that too. He's grown up a lot and you can only respect him for that as he himself would agree that he was no saint when he was starting out his career.

3 hours ago, TylerB said:

A big part of the reason why we suddenly looked a decent side this season is because of the overall squad mentality and attitude. The players all go on about what a good dressing room it is at the club now - and someone like McKirdy for all of his talent could ruin that. Part of the reason why Liverpool have been so good under Klopp over the last couple of years isn't just because of the ability within the squad but because of the mentality at the club that's installed by him and the players. When you think about the likes of Henderson, Milner and Alexander-Arnold you think of outstanding professionals who set an example every time they train. Henderson and especially Milner weren't blessed with tons of natural ability at birth - Both have had to work like troopers throughout their careers to improve and be where they are today as men and footballers. I see something similar now at Vale with the likes of Brown, Legge and Joyce - Proper pro's who set a good example. You can now add Tom Pope to that too. He's grown up a lot and you can only respect him for that as he himself would agree that he was no saint when he was starting out his career.

I am not sure you have got it quite right on Tom Pope ! 🙂

1 hour ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

Has that last FA charge with Pope gone away now, or is it still lurking in the background - could he even start the new season (whenever that might be) with a lengthy ban?

I was wondering the same. It's all gone quiet on the last charge.

On 21/05/2020 at 09:19, WV said:

He isnt from Trent Vale either Doha he is from Trentham. Not even the end close to Vegas. 

I was brought up in Newcastle under Lyme, had a house in Trent Vale, then another in Trentham and have lived on the Wirral for 32 years. I don't feel there is any meaningful differential in the context of becoming a Port Vale supporter between someone who lives in Trent Vale v Trentham. In so far as there is any benefit from Stoke City relocating, well the closure of Hem Heath colliery brought an end to subsidence risk in Trentham, so the overall redevelopment, aside from is post industrial aspects, was beneficial. 

10 hours ago, robf said:

I was wondering the same. It's all gone quiet on the last charge.

Probably because of what’s going on,rob.No point dishing out punishment,if found guilty,under the circumstances.Maybe when we are back to playing things will get sorted.

22 hours ago, TylerB said:

Sorry I get your comradeship point. But honestly, I have watched Liverpool at Anfield a few times each season and they are a seriously good side as their points totals and being World Champions and European Champions indicates. Also, Milner is actually a superb player and very talented indeed. I guess he can be underestimated on TV, but really! So too Henderson who is the main man pinging cross field passes and direct balls aside from Alexander Arnold. When watching Liverpool live, it easier to appreciate they are actually quite a direct side front to back, and Henderson is really important in that. Milner when on the field, who can play in many positions, is a primary corner kick and free kick taker. And actually his ability to bend a high paced flat cross round a defender stood 6 foot away is really great to see. 

53 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Probably because of what’s going on,rob.No point dishing out punishment,if found guilty,under the circumstances.Maybe when we are back to playing things will get sorted.

True but it went quiet before all this. He was charged on 5th Feb - the League was suspended on 13th March. Does it really take over a month to reach a verdict in these things? 

Sorry just to defend Milner again; who is a fantastic professional absolutely no doubt. But he actually sits number 6 in the all time player appearances in the Premier League with 534 games and all the players above him have retired. So simply have to be very talented to do that and not just have the right attitude. Coming back to Port Vale the same still applies, it is no good hoping Mr Right Attitude or a whole team of them will get the team promoted by that alone. Just have to live with some downsides from players if they are getting the job done on the field and the club has to live, with for example, Tom Pope and his twitter grief. It sort of shares the punishment with him. There are boundaries though and Liverpool did decide that Luis Suarez couldn't be tolerated even though he was one of the top two strikers in the Premier League at the time. Barcelona have benefited massively from his signing. Pope is close to the Suarez state now he is approaching the end of his career. 

Barry, Giggs, Lampard, James, Speed, Milner.

Archived