onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained List

Jacko51

Retained list is spot on, exactly what I would have done in JA's shoes. I think reading between the lines from the start of the season, Maddison wasn't ever Askeys first choice. He had the longest trial I've ever known for a player and I'm sure he said in an interview that it was Ronnie Sinclair that was keen on him, not him.

Another interesting summer of arguing over former Macclesfield players beacons, can't wait .

Advert

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

, Maddison wasn't ever Askeys first choice. He had the longest trial I've ever known for a player 

To be fair when you've got Scotty Brown it's a big ask to challenge for the #1 spot.

I too would also like to send my best wishes for the future to all the released players. Particularly Ryan Lloyd, who was on a hiding to nothing at Vale other than dog's abuse. Time to part ways but the stick that lad has had to put up with? Not on.

11 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

I thought Maddison and Browne would be the other way around, but apart from that, I think it’s what we expected. I’ve always felt Askey didn't 100% rated Maddison, and remember him saying ‘Ronny liked him, so we took him on’ when we signed him. I actually thought he looked decent in the one game he played, but I imagine Askey has someone else in mind, so we shall wait and see. 

So if everyone signs, Askey will probably look to bring in 6 new additions (whenever that may be) I think a striker will be top priority. Potentially Ollie Palmer. Any other names/suggestions/ anyone can think of? 

Toure from Hartlepool looks half decent signing looking to play in higher league 

16 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Mansfield had a huge cull

One that jumps out ( on Yeovil form )

Otis Khan

I’d agree when he played for YTFC at VP, I thought he was very energetic good on the ball and felt he was MOTM. I googled him to a learn that he was at MUFC and had turned down the opportunity to represent Pakistan as he wanted to play for England. I think now that that’s a bit optimistic and he hasn’t been a stand out player for the Stags. 
There are some good ex Vale players, O’Connor, Neal (Salford) Davies at MTFC, but IMO, we need a little youth to be injecting into next seasons team. The reason being that we need to start looking into future seasons and not have a squad that’s old and then we need to replace the whole first team.

The retained list seems about right.I wouldn’t expect too many new players getting signed and those who have been offered a new contract  may be offered one with a pay cut and shorter term deals.I think this will be the norm for a great deal of lower league players.Good luck Carol,Kevin and John.

This current situation may have to change the expectations of some players in terms of their wages. I believe that players like Kahn, Jackson, Nouble, McKirdy, Oconnor for example were on big money at these clubs, way above what we pay out. So I think the decisions on these retained lists has meant that some clubs have had to cut their cloth accordingly. I think the Colchester chairman may have said this when they got rid of jackson, Nouble and Prosser, otherwise they’d have been offered deals again.

We may be lucky and drop on with players who need a club and who realise they will have to take a pay cut. It may work in our favour. This current situation could potentially spell big changes for the u23 players as well that we tend to get on loan. Will clubs like vale to afford to be paying big chucks of their salary? Will clubs form the championship have to get rid of a lot of them due to costs? 

As for Mckirdy, I’d hate for us to have a player like that at our club. Plays the game in totally the wrong spirit. 

Incidentally I noticed that no youth team players got a pro deal from us this season. This is now a big year for Campbell-Gordon too. We have no dedicated left back, he needs to making that break through and that would save us spending more money in that area of the pitch.  I think at his age Gibbons and Smith started to break through into the side or were close to it. 

I'm genuinely ignorant on this issue; has McKirdy done stuff other than some daft diving?

If there is, then sure, don't go near him.

If its a bit of arrogance and diving, I believe we've got the culture and characters to ensure they are quelled. I can't imagine Brown, Joyce, Legge, or Worrall allowing that sort of nonsense to carry on.

12 hours ago, The French Connection said:
18 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:
The only surprise to me is not offering maddison a deal it will be hard bring a keeper in that's happy sit on the bench. 

Chris Neale is available....

Is Chris at an age where he would still want to play every week ? If so Vale not for him, however if happy playing number 2 then no probs. However would expect us to sign a young up and coming goalie. Not sure why that isn't Maddison but trust Askey. Like someone said Askey hasn't made too many errors and has signed  no bad eggs. Hopefully our excellent performance this year will make us an attractive proposition to incoming players. Compare that with the horrendous position we were in when Askey took over, what decent player would have wanted to join us then.  Always worth remembering that when judging Askey on the signings he made.

22 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I'm genuinely ignorant on this issue; has McKirdy done stuff other than some daft diving?

If its a bit of arrogance and diving, I believe we've got the culture and characters to ensure they are quelled. I can't imagine Brown, Joyce, Legge, or Worrall allowing that sort of nonsense to carry on.

It’s all rumour but my mate is a Villa fan and apparently he had a bad attitude there... A bit of a Bertie big b*llocks.

It’s all rumour but my mate is a Villa fan and apparently he had a bad attitude there... A bit of a Bertie big b*llocks.
McKirdy is the Crewe player who pushed Whitfield over the wall into the crowd at Crewe only been on the pitch 5 minutes must be a reason that Carlisle are getting shut a) Attitude or b) Money.

47 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I might be wrong Joe , I think Doha put a video up.

He threw a Vale player over the wall at Crewe away if my recollection is correct. Nearly causing a riot.

He's one of those divisive players 

Bellamy, Savage, Speedie for the older ones amongst us.

Hate figure when he's in opposition. As others have said I don't think JA would rock the boat , on the flip side 11 goals is a great return in a middling to average Carlisle side 

18 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I might be wrong Joe , I think Doha put a video up.

He threw a Vale player over the wall at Crewe away if my recollection is correct. Nearly causing a riot.

He's one of those divisive players 

Bellamy, Savage, Speedie for the older ones amongst us.

Hate figure when he's in opposition. As others have said I don't think JA would rock the boat , on the flip side 11 goals is a great return in a middling to average Carlisle side 

I don't think Askey would touch him with a barge pole tbh. Team harmony and unity is the way he builds his sides and he would be a disruptive influence in the dressing room. Popey would probably floor him in his 1st week here.

Archived