onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread Rewind: the final game of the 93-94 season

robf

I used to play football with jock for British steel shelton bar, top bloke, crap at football but always got the first round in at the pub after

Considering the 400 mile round journey it was a fantastic following from Vale. 
And if anyone recalls seeing Rab C Nesbitt in a Vale scarf, guess which OVF user it was ? 

Advert

Hi folks, 

Glad you enjoyed it.

So I don't fall foul of Brighton's draconian copyright team and get black marks on my YouTube account the clip will be removed from public view by me later today. 

There will be a private link available (contact me via PM) if you do want to watch it but it won't display on the OVF YouTube channel from this evening... so if you missed it last night, today may be a good day to take a look!

Thanks,

Rob

I'm running a little short of full matches that are worth putting up (e.g. no one will surely want to see a poor Vale loss and I have a few full games of those!)

So far we've had seven:

• Autoglass final
  • LDV final
  • FA Cup replay vs Stoke
  • QPR draw
  • Tranmere home
  • Everton replay
  • Brighton away

If you've missed one please go here - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLitB7Hn9e6bkCSpx3SJKU6yenZxE0vfz-

I have one more slightly obscure one done (good game though) and another which isn't great quality both in terms of on the pitch and sound/video. I''m also scouring my last few VHS tapes for any more.

If anyone has any out there that haven't featured and want to get in touch that would be fabulous. I can accept large files via Dropbox etc.

Thanks Rob great memories.

Having digested all of the memories I'm scratching my head as to where were Aspin, Kerr, Porter and Cross 

I know it's a squad game and injuries etc but those players were around then I'm sure . 

Also how the mind plays tricks I recall Jinkin Johnny Jeffers against Bristol Rovers but didn't realise how long he spent at Vale.

As I've said before to you ( once we are back to some semblance of normality ) you can have my videos.

Fulham away 

Blackpool away 4-2 

Cardiff home

All memorable games .

Thanks again. 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Thanks Rob great memories.

Having digested all of the memories I'm scratching my head as to where were Aspin, Kerr, Porter and Cross 

I know it's a squad game and injuries etc but those players were around then I'm sure . 

Also how the mind plays tricks I recall Jinkin Johnny Jeffers against Bristol Rovers but didn't realise how long he spent at Vale.

As I've said before to you ( once we are back to some semblance of normality ) you can have my videos.

Fulham away 

Blackpool away 4-2 

Cardiff home

All memorable games .

Thanks again. 

Thanks, that's much appreciated.

15 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

I'd like see that 4 2 blackpool game 

Murmurings on the terrace ( before mobile phones ) that Preston were beating Bolton. Vale came storming back, pitch invasions, amazing day .

Only to find out I think it was John McGinley won it 1-0 for Bolton, so we came 3rd and then lost to WBA at Wembley. 

Again a massive following in excess of 4000 easily. 

On 19/05/2020 at 11:16, darren1810 said:

Aspin went off injured in the last home game against Exeter and missed both Cardiff & Brighton games.

Kerr went out on loan to Leicester in March for the remainder of the season. Didn’t he fall out with Rudge ?

Cross was sub at Cardiff the previous Tuesday so was presumably on the bench again.

Porter played the whole 90 minutes in this match.

Hope this helps. 

9 hours ago, RailwayRowdy said:

Aspin went off injured in the last home game against Exeter and missed both Cardiff & Brighton games.

Kerr went out on loan to Leicester in March for the remainder of the season. Didn’t he fall out with Rudge ?

Cross was sub at Cardiff the previous Tuesday so was presumably on the bench again.

Porter played the whole 90 minutes in this match.

Hope this helps. 

Cheers , forgot about Kerr and his bust up. 

Are you sure Porter played because I thought it was Taylor and Walker in the middle with Kent and Jeffers wide ? 

Lowe just behind Foyle . 

Archived