RIP Old Sage

melv

Advert:

4 hours ago, SMURF said:

I am saddened to learn of the passing of OS.

My first encounter was during my first and was meant to be my only Fans Forum

Originally it was my intention on that night to announce l was winding up the Club and refunding all ST monies

When the meeting starting l recall a very passionate bearded guy giving me a grilling due to failures of stock in the shop

I realised that night the passion of OS and many others and the rest as they say is history

OS or Mike as l learnt later was one of my biggest critics but always presented himself with passion and at times with restraint and more often than not was better briefed than l on the subject matter

It saddens me of his passing and l am sure the SC will think of the fitting tribute to mark the mans commitment to the Club

RIP Mike 

My opinion of you just went up a notch. 

• Like 2

Advert:

Absolutely gutted to hear this terrible news.  Came to know Mike during the v2001 protests, was outside at the infamous Crawley match with him and his sons.  If you had cut Mike he would have bled black and white.  Guess who brought the eggs along when the main building got egged!  Didn't seem it at the time, but happy days. He loved Popey!  RIP Old Sage - hope you were proud of your great club again.

• Like 1

Advert:

Very sad news indeed. I used to enjoy his posts on here and his undented loyalty to Pope, no matter what.

It's only in his death have I come to realise Mike Lakin was Old Sage. I went to Primary School with Mike and remember him well, even from those days, as a passionate Vale fan.

Thanks for all you have done for the Vale Mike, you have had a memorable impact, which will not be forgotten.

• 2 weeks later...
Advert:

A good turn out, with some familiar faces, considering it wasn’t publicised. A special mention to Bob Pope who was present. Michael would have appreciated his attendance. We all know about Old Sage and his admiration (obsession 😀) for Tom, so thanks for that. My match day experience will never be the same again without the pep talk from Mike. 

Edited by sinnott2spinnit
Spelling
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

12 months gone by. Miss you Mike. Everytime i read OVF i expect to see your comments. The painting by Paine Proffit is absolutely brilliant. Its as good as a photo. Its my memory of Mike ... Owd Sage

Weve lost some great valiants and true friends, too many. Cant wait to get back to Vale Park and give an extra loud cheer for all our missing fans. They will all be there cheering on the Vale. Lets make em proud when we get behind the lads in black n white.

UTV

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1