I’ve just been informed that sadly Old Sage has lost his battle with C-19

RIP Old Sage it was a pleasure to know you.

Edited by melv
  • Like 5

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am saddened to learn of the passing of OS. My first encounter was during my first and was meant to be my only Fans Forum Originally it was my intention on that night to announce l was wind

A lot of Vale fans will never truly know how much they owe Mike Lakin for the existence of their football club. Would love to have something commemorated for him at the ground, and would be more than

I got an email notification sound on my phone earlier just as I was getting into my car. I said out loud to myself "hopefully that's more about Mike" as I was closing the door as there was good news s

Posted Images

Mike was as big a character as you could wish to meet, a committed Port Vale fan, he wore his passion on his sleeve, this sad news puts football into perspective, the Vale have lost a big personality. My thoughts are with his family tonight.

Edited by blackdog
  • Thanks 1

Have some great memories of Mike making mincemeat of whatever clown was in his crosshairs at Supporters Club meetings; he'd eviscerate them with powerful, passionate, and eminently sensible protestations from the floor.

They'd start squirming as soon as Old Sage was handed the microphone. They knew they were finished.

• Like 3

Devastated. A true gentleman, a true character and the epitome of what being a valiant truly is. I havent posted on here in quite a while but when it comes to the passing of a man that we owe so much to in the continuing existence of our club, one of the protagonists of change against regimes of penny pinchers and tyrants, I’ll gladly make an exception. RIP Old sage, Mike, the paddock truly wont be the same without you.