onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Worst XI: nominate the subs...

robf

Advert

I'd nominate Peter Beadle. I know he scored 6 goals for us in what is now the championship but, for me, his signing was the pivotal moment when the post Bosman/ ITV money world finally caught up with Rudgie's brilliant dealing. John had always had to put up with having top players sold on just before the season started but usually managed to come up with yet another class replacement. That seemed to end with Beadle's signing. Lee Mills was sold and in came a lazy player who (allegedly) wouldn't train due to 'injury' but would declare himself fit to play each Friday. He managed half a dozen goals (at a cost of £50,000 each) and Rudge was sacked 6 months later. 

I'd kind of like to nominate Lee Mills too, if only for hitting his girlfriend, slating us after he left and later signing for Stoke. (I didn't realise he played for Man City too and also managed with Tony Dinning). He's far too good a footballer for this squad though. If there was a Most Odious XI though...

On 20/05/2020 at 22:09, Warren said:

Ryan Boot for sub goalie. A man who stood in goal and didn't save shots, dropped crosses and was a nightmare on kicked clearances.

Agreed. Truly poor. Still have nightmares over his performance against Orient.

Can you just nominate as many as you can think of or does it have to be a subs bench full 😄 ?

Carlos Saleiro, Miguel Santos, JJ Hooper, Paulo Tavares, Big Reg, Scott Tanser, Melvin Kamara, Adanan Amhed, Kevin Gall,  Jaime Guy, Jason Jarrett, Callum Willock, Kyle Perry, Nathan Lowndes, Johnny Brain, Levi Reid, Tommy Fraser, David Artell.....

I'm going to putting up the vote for the outfield subs soon.

I think Rocastle, Guy, JJ Hooper and Henderson have already had a few nominations so are likely to make the vote - anyone want to put forward any more names?

Remember - Wilson, Miles, Slater, Delgado, Geoghaghan, McKenzie, Mbamba, Mohamed, Paterson and Glover (Danny) are in the starting XI so don't need a sub nomination...

Archived