• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Here it is - the worst Vale XI voted by you

robf

Advert:

Jesus, reading this does genuinely make you feel ill. Shame more old school players didn’t get the cut but then I’m 34 and have been a vale fan since 1992 when I was 7. 

The first decade was mostly a glory period! So have little recollection of the worst before but certainly know all those names of shame too well! 

I think I only had 3-4 of those names in my worst XI, but that line up is bad enough.

Goodness me. Compare that lot to the Monday night teams we've been watching on here. 

Maybe we ought to photo shop the pen pictures and put them all in red and white! 😉

Advert:

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, arthurdog said:

To all the younger ones I'd rather have a one legged Martin Paterson than Martin Henderson. The worst striker I've ever seen at any level

Indeed. So useless that he wasn't even able top a poll that could have been especially created for him. 

Tommy Fraser always tried hard and his limitations - including over hitting every through ball in his entire career - are no match for the complete uselessness of Exodus G. Therefore Exodus G as Captain for me; because I know he would want it! Well Captain gets paid more right?

Advert:

Ex was only with us for a short time. Signed by a very unpopular manager. And subjected to racist abuse during his stay. He gets a pass for me. Fraser was gash. With no excuses.

• 1 month later...

Archived