onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread Rewind: Port Vale v Tranmere 1995

robf

Advert

The highlight of that for me was seeing the whole team work so well together. 4-4-2 and we controlled the midfield from start to finish with Porter, Vanders and Ray pulling the strings. Totally outclassed the team in 4th place. A great evening's entertainment.

Thanks, Rob - lockdown Monday evenings not looking so bad after all!

Yes thanks Rob, another enjoyable Monday evening.  Totally forgotten that match, 2 beauties.  Nice to see the Bycars fairly full.  Some things strike me every game so far - what a good team we had!  Some lovely football again,, even on a bad pitch,  how honest the players were in those days, hardly any cheating, acting etc and the refs were much better, good understated reffing.  Apart from the Stoke ref being too lenient i suppose.  Maybe he made allowances for the occasion, pitch/weather. I don;t know if anyone else has this but the sound is 6 - 7 seconds in front of the pictures for me?

Thanks again Rob. Me and the folks thoroughly enjoyed it. Couldn't remember the result and resisted the temptation to google it, so had an element of suspense. Although I suspected it would not be a good hiding.

Really enjoyed that game

The previous ones were generally 'big games', cup finals and the local derby, but this was a just a 'run of the mill' league fixture, the type of game we're missing and craving. Plus I didn't know the result in advance too

Lovely football to watch, a competent referee and linesfolk, played in a good spirit by both teams [did you see Tony Naylor shake their goalie's hand when he pulled off a good save?]

What a great team and what fantastic football Rudge produced

Additional unexpected benefit was the showing before kick off of highlights of Stoke's defeat the day previous

More please

Points-with-Bone

Archived