@blackdog thanks for the updates. I am sure I speak for everyone on OVF when I say Mike is in our thoughts and hearts. Wishing him all the very best on behalf of the entire OVF family. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

UPDATE .......Old Sage.

He's still in ICU and still battling away (As only he would) just a very very slight improvement, so baby steps it is, so hopefully he can carry on in the same vein going forward, his family have read the lovely comments on here and want everyone to know how appreciative they are for your thoughts Thank You.

That's good news. Thanks.

The tortoise always beats the hare in the end.

I'm sure we're all pleased to hear that update.

Plenty more goals from Tom Pope yet to come for Old Sage and us all. You don't want to miss 'em. Stay strong.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this old sage a really lovely contributor to this site and fellow Vale fan .

Get better soon 

Another Vale fan has just beat the coronavirus he works at my place a lovely lad named Carl Litherland he is rehabilitating at the Haywood now after being in ICU for many weeks 

You can beat this Mike 

All the best from my family and the Vale family 

This is terrible news.  A bigger Valiant you will never meet but more importantly, a truly lovely bloke and a pleasure to have known.

His campaigning for Black and Gold and of course the coffin march he organised showed just how much he cared about this club of ours and I know that many of us cared very deeply about Mike.

My deepest condolences to his family, he was a great bloke and I hope you find some comfort in how well loved he was by his fellow Valiants.

• Like 2

Guest Martin Tideswell

Incredibly sad news. A lion heart of a Vale fan.