onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote: your worst two Port Vale strikers

robf

Your worst two Port Vale strikers?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Your worst two Port Vale strikers?

• Martin Henderson
    • Martin Paterson
    • Nathan Lowndes
    • Stefan Moore
    • Jamie Guy
    • Tobias Mikaelsson
    • Kyle Perry
    • Kevin Gall
    • Geoff Davies
    • Rigino Cicilia
    • Danny Glover
    • Michael Husbands
    • Ian Lawson
    • Mel Charles
    • Terry Owen
    • John Allen
    • Marcus Bent
    • Simon Eldershaw
    • Achille Campion
    • Jordan Slew

Flipping heck, there were a lot of players nominated. Here is the poll to select your worst two from those which were nominated the most times.

If you are of a delicate disposition don't look at the poll options above!

Advert

I went for Kyle Perry and Martin Paterson. Kyle Perry was asked to play 2/3 divisions above his level of ability and clearly a bad signing. Paterson was someone who played at a higher level and got into trouble once. He picked up a knee injury at Huddersfield and I suspect that diminished him as a player. At Vale he was hopeless and it looks like yet another bad signing. You would think we could get this right more often! Because much more was expected of him rather than complete lack of talent I include him and leave Glover and Reggie alone.

Picked Martin Henderson , who I unfortunately did see play and Paterson.  This was only in the absence of Ville Viljanen, sadly missing from the list like he often was in front of goal. Couldn't score in the proverbial brothel, made a headless chicken look effective. Wouldn't have made my daughters under 11 girls football team.

It's funny how we all see thing differently.

For me, there are one or two on the list who should not be there. They were good players but never fitted in here.

Others weren't great but played for us and scored goals in the Championship and League One.

Others struggled even in League Two and had a very poor goals ratio - if one at all.

The odd one looked way out of their depth and stuggled with the pace and intensity of the professional game.

Surely, the worst ones fall into the last two categories.

Just a thought. 

Aren't Saturday's boring without football?

I went for Glover and Perry, though there were a few I could have gone for.

Patterson obviously had it as his record in higher leagues than us shows, but was just going through the motions at vale,

Reggie was worth it for the comedy value.

i’ll never forgive Hooper for his can’t be a££ed attitude at Fleetwood which played his part in getting us relegated.

Obviously my selections Davies & Owen are too far back in time to register too many votes, but they really were dreadful players. 

How Michael Owen could have spurted from father Terry’s loins is quite inconceivable. And the chances of Davies ever scoring for Vale were as likely as finding a pork chop in a synagogue.

This team is now starting to have a rather harrowing look to it n’est pas ? 

He isn’t getting on the worst ever strikers list but Luke Rodgers against Chasetown over two legs must be one of the worst striking performances in history. The guy had about 30 chances over those two matches and even missed a penalty! 

With hindsight Alex Nimely was also a decent shout. Even though (or maybe because) he only bothered to turn out once for us.

I've gone Patterson and Glover. Patterson couldn't be arsed for us, was dire. And wasn't he the bloke filmed slagging us off in a pub with hiis mates?

And Danny Glover. Because he was really hopeless. Noting to do with his Dad. He was just so obviously not up the job.

35 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

He isn’t getting on the worst ever strikers list but Luke Rodgers against Chasetown over two legs must be one of the worst striking performances in history. The guy had about 30 chances over those two matches and even missed a penalty! 

Thought he missed two? Seem to remember thinking one was bad enough. Hubris personified.

How is Big Reggie on this poll? He was different but certainly not one of the worst. 

Patterson would definitely be on my list. I remember Tavares was subbed off to a chorus of cheers, and when Patterson's name was announced to come on in his place there was a chorus of boos! 

I agree that Viljanen ought to be on here!

Went with Paterson and Perry. Paterson was a dreadful player in a dreadful team. Perry was bought in with Slater (both far too high for their level) on the back of a few games against the Vale when Sinnott had no idea.

Archived