onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Other clubs releasing players...

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Wasn't Ekipteta the one who was hauled off at half time in the 3-3 against us.

He had an absolute howler. 

I remember that... also, I agree that Harold isnt worth discussing for us, but he changed the game when he came on up front.

Advert

24 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I remember that... also, I agree that Harold isnt worth discussing for us, but he changed the game when he came on up front.

Harrold is a proper experienced poacher type - the Orient love him as he scored FOUR stoppage time goals in the run-in to their promotion from the National League. He'll drop into non-league/retire but he's the sort of player every club needs. Not in any way suggesting we go near him, as we have Pope of a similar ilk.

On 02/06/2020 at 10:35, Joe B said:

The good news is that, if Smith goes, there is a plethora of free and available centre halves. I've highlighted Taft and Burgess as they're a good age and would prove good value, in my view:

Krystian Pearce

George Taft

Nathaniel Knight-Percival

Nathan Pond

Luke Prosser

Harry Davis

Cameron Burgess

Rory McArdle

Yann Songo'o

There is an absolute dearth of decent forwards, as per. Might liven up in the next few weeks as League 1 clubs begin to shed some excess players.

Some really decent players for League 2 amongst that lot.

Liking your spreadsheet Joe, certainly beats my effort here on the back of a fag packet.  Have to say though I can't agree with you on  Michael O'C.  From my perspective I think his best days are behind him now.  I thought he looked laboured when we played Salford, and was subbed if I remember, although admittedly this could have been just tactical.  Either way I don't think he'd have the required mobility to get around our big pitch in the manner required by JA's style of play.  Just my opinion of course.

Of the other CM's Paul Lewis is the interesting one due to the Askey connection. I like Akpan as a player whenever I've seen him.

Matt Tuttle released by Notts County. Some injuries over the last couple of years but played well for County during his first 2 years there. Can play left and rightback. Might be the type of player we give a trial to with a look to him being a backup for Gibbons. I think he also played in midfield at Crewe at times. Wouldn't inspire as a starter but could prove a cost effective and cheap backup.

On 21/05/2020 at 15:13, Joe B said:

Some decent players in there. An updated list of players who have been released who I deem OK, some are good:

GK - Chris Neal, Bobby Olejnik, Kyle Letheren

FB - Scott Wiseman, Ryan Jackson, Dan Jones (obviously won't come here)

CB - Krystian Pearce, George Taft, Nathaniel Knight-Percival, Nathan Pond, Luke Prosser, Will Boyle

CM - Alex MacDonald, Michael O'Connor, Paul Lewis, Kelvin Etuhu, Mike Jones, Brandon Comley

W/AM - Otis Khan, Harry McKirdy, Stefan Scougall, Craig Conway, Alex Addai, Chris Clements

S - Frank Nouble, Craig Davies, Luke Varney

Also important to keep an eye on players who are out of contract, who have been offered new terms:

Nicky Maynard, Harrison Dunk, Greg Taylor, Joe Riley, Gethin Jones, Jack Bridge, and Lewis Alessandra are the picks there.

Interestingly Paul Lewis has the same agent as Askey. Nick Bianchi, who is also Alex Hurts agent.

Signed by Askey before, 6ft 1 midfielder... I can imagine His name has definitely come up! 

9 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Interestingly Paul Lewis has the same agent as Askey. Nick Bianchi, who is also Alex Hurts agent.

Signed by Askey before, 6ft 1 midfielder... I can imagine His name has definitely come up! 

The midfield will be an interesting one, the massive IF in the equation is MANNY , IF and it is a big IF he could stay fit i think he is capable of bombing forward more and getting amongst the goals.

Joyce holding, Manny and Burgess centrally with more of a licence to attack. 

My opinion only Burgess is ahead of Conlon , though Conlon was great once Taylor got injured.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

The midfield will be an interesting one, the massive IF in the equation is MANNY , IF and it is a big IF he could stay fit i think he is capable of bombing forward more and getting amongst the goals.

My opinion only Burgess is ahead of Conlon , though Conlon was great once Taylor got injured.

When Conlon got back into the side after his sending off I thought he was head and shoulders our best midfielder for the first 60 minutes of most games. Being left-sided gives him a big advantage. Slight concern for me was he tended to look laboured from about half way through the second-half. Whether having good options in midfield allowed Askey to tell the likes of Conlon (and Burgess) to play flat out as he could pull them off after 60-70 minutes was a strategy I'm not too sure. Be interesting to know if he did it at Macclesfield. The way he sets his teams up to play mean the left and right sided players in midfield have to get through not just a lot of running but a lot at higher speed to get into the right positions when we lose the ball to keep defensive shape. The Joyce role filling in gaps when we go forward doesn't involve the same high intensity running, even though he does cover a lot of ground. 

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Couldnt agree more... a Fit and raring Manny is one of the best players in the league.

A midfield stock of:

Joyce 

Manny 

Burgess

Conlon

Paul Lewis

Looks like a nice stable set to me!

7 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Couldnt agree more... a Fit and raring Manny is one of the best players in the league.

A midfield stock of:

Joyce 

Manny 

Burgess

Conlon

Paul Lewis

Looks like a nice stable set to me!

Not many goals in any of these players IMO 

As there seems to be a shortage of decent strikers becoming available; but a number of steady defenders already released from their clubs, the usual comments about "we need to get more goals in the team" kind of doesn't make sense, really? If we strengthened the defence, cut down on the mistakes and bring in a good replacement for Scott Brown, in case of injury, AND continued to score as we have this season, that could be the way to make a difference to our points? Just a thought, given the circumstances. Be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks!

45 minutes ago, familystander said:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/all-about/jordy-hiwula 

Jordy Hiwula released by Coventry City may be worth looking at. Decent record and only 25

I think he will go higher than league 2. Bristol Rovers are apparently interested.

Also interestingly Tommy Widdrington Is one of their head of recruitment. 

Archived