onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Nominate your worst Port Vale wingers...

robf

If mbamba and shalaj dont qualify due to not playing enough games then kaid Mohammed has to be nominated very ordinary player. Sam kelly was too weak and awful in general but did score a couple of cracking goals for us. 

Was lee Ashcroft a winger he was slow and overweight when he played for us. 

Advert

5 hours ago, JRC said:

Osher Williams a strange call. Played nearly every game in the 85/86 promotion campaign.  First season was affected by injury.

Fair point on the 85/86 campaign but I always thought he was a shadow compared to the player that was so exciting and pacy for Stockport. I have to accept he still had enough to offer otherwise Rudgie wouldn't have kept him in the team. Perhaps the injury took its toll on his pace. I have to be honest, since someone mentioned Peter Griffiths I think I'll change my vote anyway! 

On 21/04/2020 at 15:03, Iron Curtain said:

Wayne Cordens goal against Arsenal buys him some leeway in my book.

I know Lloyd isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but putting him on the same list as Mbamba and Mohammed is ludicrous 

I am on board with Wayne Corden. I spent years waiting for him to show his potential that he was alleged to have. And he didn't. He seemed to instinctively do the wrong thing and it was really annoying. Yet he went on to play 200 games for Mansfield. Maybe was a Mansfield type or style player? Right now Ryan Lloyd. He is making a career with virtually no ability. I have seen games where he literally did absolutely everything wrong. No, sorry wait a minute, he does run around, but not to the right place. He must have a better life outside professional football.

1 minute ago, Warren said:

I am on board with Wayne Corden. I spent years waiting for him to show his potential that he was alleged to have. And he didn't. He seemed to instinctively do the wrong thing and it was really annoying. Yet he went on to play 200 games for Mansfield. Maybe was a Mansfield type or style player? Right now Ryan Lloyd. He is making a career with virtually no ability. I have seen games where he literally did absolutely everything wrong. No, sorry wait a minute, he does run around, but not to the right place. He must have a better life outside professional football.

The other two you mention were dreadful though.

Koordes I always felt was poor at the time but Guppy was an an extremely hard act to follow and the fact we were championship buys him some leeway just about. He may have been a decent lower league player who knows?

Jeff Smith flatter to deceive, yes big style, but worst ever no, he had ability just lazy from what I remember.

Edwards and Tudor are about the worst I can think of too have made any significant amount of appearances? Mohammed probably just about gets away with it as he must have played less than 10 games, considering his spell at Cheltenham though prior to us, a big disappointment. 

Marc Goodfellow former Stoke player we loaned from Bristol, mid 2000s was a shocker although he perhaps could be classed as a striker position wise? Dreadful player but again probably only managed 5 or 6 games if that.

9 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

Andy Proudlove for sure and Tully not far behind. I recall waking up one day and we had Proudlove and Sinclair (see worst strikers) on and it was a mare

I can't remember Sinclair, where did we get him from?

9 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

He scored an absolute belter against Sheffield United in the game where Saunders scored off Mussey's backside. He also played the majority of his games for us in the championship.

Foyle and Peter Beadle scored in that game. I think Beadle's goal was from about 30 metres. Yes he did play at a higher level. Subsequent history shows he was an adequate bottom division 4 player, nothing more really.

Malvin Kamara provided possibly the worst performance I've ever seen from someone in a Port Vale shirt.

Mbamba's only resemblance to a winger is that he stood near the side of the pitch.

Harsh on both, who no doubt did better at other times for other teams, but you can only go with what you saw.

1 hour ago, JRC said:

Absolutely no recollection  .... was it home or away?

Beadle from way out I can remember against (I think) wolves at home. That was a worm burner. 

Also remember a great hit of his at Barnsley from distance. Absolutely belted it in low.

We did lose that game at sheffield with the Saunders thing.

Archived