onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jim Gannon Statement

valerule4ever

Advert

I thought he would of been good manager if we appointed him at the start of the season, but because we were in the play offs and looking for promotion I thought it would be a really hard job to take over and get us promoted because he didn't know the players and it does take time to generate relationships and that was something we didn't have at the period of the season... the club was worried about the short term future of the club not the long term, in truth you were the man for long term.

Good luck Jim, good ideas, hope you get a club that respects your style and development which I did when you arrived at the club.

Are you his love child?

A man who signs a player who cant jump, cant tackle, cant run and cant get on with any of his team deserves all he got from vale. Good riddance Gannon you delusional clown!

Thanks for the lesson there Tim, I was aware of all those things, I haven't just woken up from a 5 month long sleep...

I'm aware we had a cracking defence.

I'm aware there were off the field problems in December/January (Rotherham/Gillingham).

But any manager going into a club having had a recent defensive record as bad as ours would look to sort it out.

That's all I'm saying!! Not saying we were bad before Gannon, not saying Gannon is God, not saying we were terrible at the back all season, just arguing against you saying the defence didn't need sorting.

And it did, as we'd just gone on a bad defensive run (for whatever reasons).

But that is the point Burt we hadn't gone on a bad defensive run! We lost 1-0 hardly a tonking. We then lost 3-0 when the teams and managers mind were on other things and them 5 at Rotherham with 10 men, after that we were back on track

But that is the point Burt we hadn't gone on a bad defensive run! We lost 1-0 hardly a tonking. We then lost 3-0 when the teams and managers mind were on other things and them 5 at Rotherham with 10 men, after that we were back on track

If we hadn't lost 3 and 5 nil in those 2 games he would have done exactly the same as he did I'm certain of it.

Guest middnight

He is rather full of himself!

As it's been said before he probably is a good manager to bring to a team that are bottom of the table with not much hope. However we just needed someone to keep us going and on top form, not make too many changes.

Geohaghon was never an addition to the defence, he was a hindrance.

Also the statement he made was posted by Sky Sports News but it's not appearing now.

Thanks for the lesson there Tim, I was aware of all those things, I haven't just woken up from a 5 month long sleep...

I'm aware we had a cracking defence.

I'm aware there were off the field problems in December/January (Rotherham/Gillingham).

But any manager going into a club having had a recent defensive record as bad as ours would look to sort it out.

That's all I'm saying!! Not saying we were bad before Gannon, not saying Gannon is God, not saying we were terrible at the back all season, just arguing against you saying the defence didn't need sorting.

And it did, as we'd just gone on a bad defensive run (for whatever reasons).

Again - and sorry if you think I'm stalking you - stop spouting this rubbish, you sound like an idiot. A blip is all it was - perhaps the odd tweak at the most was needed to sort it out - your mate Gannon ripped the freaking engine out....

Again - and sorry if you think I'm stalking you - stop spouting this rubbish, you sound like an idiot. A blip is all it was - perhaps the odd tweak at the most was needed to sort it out - your mate Gannon ripped the freaking engine out....

I don't disagree. You're reading too much into what I put.

Someone said the defence didn't need looking at at all.

I said it did, which you've agreed with. The end.

Archived