onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jim Gannon Statement

valerule4ever

Credit where credit is due. He did - play Morsy, whereas Adams would have just flogged him off to Leek or someone. And he turns out to be a player who can cut it at this level. What I find breathtaking is his lack of any comment on the amount of trouble he caused. PVFC, the C stands for "Club" i.e a group of people pulling together with one objective in mind. He just committed suicide by systematically alienating everyone at the club. The players, his staff, the fans, and ultimately the board. I didn't want him, but like many on here I was prepared to give him a chance. But when he was picking the team based on who he had and hadn't fallen out with that week, that was just ridiculous. In short, he only has himself to blame.

Advert

Any manager who thinks that Exodus Geoghan adds something to the team is demented. The best defence in the whole football league wasn't achieved by a bunch of incompetants, defence wasn't our problem.

The man is officially off his head and will struggle to get another job in football I think.

conceding 10 goals in the last 4 games before he took over would suggest otherwise, no?

conceding 10 goals in the last 4 games before he took over would suggest otherwise, no?

Going back to selective samples when trying to defend him. what about the whole season ip to that point. That Ives a better idea. Just like using all kind games to judge his impact, as opposed to just four games in the middle.

This guy wants Morsy to join him wherever he surfaces next, it's so obvious.

Jim, thanks for the effort but your management style wasnt right for us. We needed to win games and you refused to play key players because you had a vendetta against them. We've left you with a P45, you've left us with Exodus. I'd say we're even.

Any manager who thinks that Exodus Geoghan adds something to the team is demented.

I don't think I've ever known a manager be so totally blind to a player's failings as Gannon was to Exodus. What the hell does he see in him?

Going back to selective samples when trying to defend him. what about the whole season ip to that point. That Ives a better idea. Just like using all kind games to judge his impact, as opposed to just four games in the middle.

Wasn't defending Gannon at all.

Any manager coming to a club on the back of conceding 10 in 4 would instantly think about sorting the defence out.

Yes, we were great defensively up until November/December/whatever, but the defence needed improving when Gannon arrived at the club.

And that's not being on anyone's side, no selective samples or anything of the sort.

Facts Burt, Unbeaten in a whole month in November and in the top 3. Lost 1-0 first game back after an enforced lay off, rusty no doubt due to lack of training facilities etc. Next game lost 3-0 after the unrest caused by Sheffield Utds advances. Adams goes and the aftermath is a big defeat to Rotherham was it 4 or 5 conceded there? Next game we won 2-1 with 10 men and looked to be back on track with 11 men on the field. December was a blip caused by many things.

I am disappointed with the decision of Port Vale FC to terminate my contract especially as it comes so soon after my appointment at Vale Park. On taking the appointment I felt that we had a clear understanding about my style of coaching and management. The club was aware, and very positive at the time, about how I like to build my teams, my playing systems, and my aim of creating a professional coaching and educational environment for the improvement of players. It is frustrating that I have not been allowed the time to fully develop the required new culture and systems which I feel would have ensured the continued progress of the club. I understand that the Board were conscious of the short term aim of promotion and how this overrides all other considerations. Although I am disappointed to have had so little time to have had an impact on the players at the club and I wasn’t able to add many new players to the squad, there were some very positive developments during my time. I was extremely pleased with the immediate impacts of loan signings, Jay O’Shea and Tom Pope, who added vital winning goals in key matches, and the addition of Exodus Geoghaghon who significantly added to the defensive structure of the team in the absence of injured and suspended personnel. It has been a challenging time for me at Port Vale but I am proud of the effort and professionalism shown by the players, both on and off the field, and I feel I have personally tried to remain strong, professional and positive throughout.

Blimey thats exactly what Gannon said. :rolleyes:

Facts Burt, Unbeaten in a whole month in November and in the top 3. Lost 1-0 first game back after an enforced lay off, rusty no doubt due to lack of training facilities etc. Next game lost 3-0 after the unrest caused by Sheffield Utds advances. Adams goes and the aftermath is a big defeat to Rotherham was it 4 or 5 conceded there? Next game we won 2-1 with 10 men and looked to be back on track with 11 men on the field. December was a blip caused by many things.

Thanks for the lesson there Tim, I was aware of all those things, I haven't just woken up from a 5 month long sleep...

I'm aware we had a cracking defence.

I'm aware there were off the field problems in December/January (Rotherham/Gillingham).

But any manager going into a club having had a recent defensive record as bad as ours would look to sort it out.

That's all I'm saying!! Not saying we were bad before Gannon, not saying Gannon is God, not saying we were terrible at the back all season, just arguing against you saying the defence didn't need sorting.

And it did, as we'd just gone on a bad defensive run (for whatever reasons).

That man was bad news for this club and if he had stayed here we would never have made the playoffs now i think we will

Lets get behind the lads forget Adams and Gannon and concentrate on getting out of this league

BLACK AND WHITE IT WILL BE ALRIGHT

Archived