onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jim Gannon Statement

valerule4ever

If your looking for an opoligy from the supporters who wanted Gannon, then you have got no chance.

He had more ideas that Adams, Gannon wanted what was best for the club (developing young talented players, and Championship football- like Chaudry).

Adams thought of himself and was only using us as a stepping stone to get a better club elsewhere, and left us, where as still people like Adams and dislike Adams.

It's the players fault for Gannon's "failure" because they were so stuck up Adams **** they wouldn't perform for any other manager no matter who...

No disrespect, but are you for real?

Things were well on course until Jimbo turned up. Someone of Gannons education should have known that too much change too soon would f*** it all up.

He went on record as saying tha the current coaching staff werent 'good enough' if that was the case then why didnt he insist on his own staff at the interveiw?

Not travelling with the players, accusing the fans of affecting the players. Not once during his reign did he thank the fans or acknowledge them.

He had no man mamagement skills. No matter what education he had or experience he couldnt even speak to his staff or motivate them.

Whatever job you do in life you need to get on with your fellow colleagues or you will have problems.

Advert

Guest The One Vale Fan
There might be an air of truth in that, but...

Saying the players weren't good enough in his first week in charge probably wasn't good. And then releasing a statement telling fans to stop protesting wasn't great either. Then I think perhaps dropping the best players in the team that had been in the top 3 for most of the season, that wasn't the best of plans.

Gannon's failure was his attitude. People might have been more understanding of his methods had he turned his ego down a notch.

Who are we to say who the best players are? you mean the players who have been in the 1st team when "sell out" was here?

He played the players that suited his formations, the manager picks the team not the fans or the board. I think you might be talking about Roberts? He can only pass, he can't tackle, he doesn't score many goals, he always gets booked, so where would you play him in the 4-2-3-1 tactic we started off with?

If your looking for an opoligy from the supporters who wanted Gannon, then you have got no chance.

He had more ideas that Adams, Gannon wanted what was best for the club (developing young talented players, and Championship football- like Chaudry).

Adams thought of himself and was only using us as a stepping stone to get a better club elsewhere, and left us, where as still people like Adams and dislike Adams.

It's the players fault for Gannon's "failure" because they were so stuck up Adams **** they wouldn't perform for any other manager no matter who...

Don't think that is the case as the same situation happened at Motherwell. He did have more ideas than Adams, just a shame they were crap ideas!!!

Guest The One Vale Fan
No disrespect, but are you for real?

Things were well on course until Jimbo turned up. Someone of Gannons education should have known that too much change too soon would f*** it all up.

He went on record as saying tha the current coaching staff werent 'good enough' if that was the case then why didnt he insist on his own staff at the interveiw?

Not travelling with the players, accusing the fans of affecting the players. Not once during his reign did he thank the fans or acknowledge them.

He had no man mamagement skills. No matter what education he had or experience he couldnt even speak to his staff or motivate them.

Whatever job you do in life you need to get on with your fellow colleagues or you will have problems.

I was talking about his ideas and plans, not his personality. Yeah he said those things and did those mad things, I'm not saying he should of done that because it was wrong, but I'm only talking about his ideas mate.

I see that your upset about something, but everyone has their own opinions, so I don't see why you have to disrespect others on them.

Guest The One Vale Fan
Don't think that is the case as the same situation happened at Motherwell. He did have more ideas than Adams, just a shame they were crap ideas!!!

I thought his ideas were good, but his actions were bad. I'll admit it, I didn't really think of his past clubs that he upset.

I was talking about his ideas and plans, not his personality. Yeah he said those things and did those mad things, I'm not saying he should of done that because it was wrong, but I'm only talking about his ideas mate.

I see that your upset about something, but everyone has their own opinions, so I don't see why you have to disrespect others on them.

Not upset with you at all, just cant believe that anyone can still find a good word about the guy. Ideas are no good if he cant treat people properly!!:D

Guest The One Vale Fan

I agree his man-management skills are shocking and the way he treated players and staff, not just here but at his past clubs. I don't know if it's just me but I thought his plans were good, but he couldn't win around the players, fan and eventually the board with his poor decisions.

If he was such a good manager, he would have only changed things around enough as not to disrupt our promotion push and to maybe implement more of his ideas once we got promoted, but IMO he is hopeless and if Stockport obtain him they will certainly be playing none league football next season.

I agree his man-management skills are shocking and the way he treated players and staff, not just here but at his past clubs. I don't know if it's just me but I thought his plans were good, but he couldn't win around the players, fan and eventually the board with his poor decisions.

Plans and ideas?? He couldnt organise a p*** up in a brewery

Guest The One Vale Fan

Only he will know why he wanted change this around than keep it going, it's beyond me.

I think Stockport are going to be in BSP next season with that shocking defence there, have you seen the clip on bbc sport about Stockport? there's a woman part of their board who is putting in 60 hour a week and £60k of her own money.. no chance with this lot!

This is a bit worrying, does the fact that this statement has been released on the LMA website indicate that Gannon feels he's been unfairly dismissed and is going after a bigger compo package from the club I wonder?

"The club was aware, and very positive at the time, about how I like to build my teams, my playing systems, and my aim of creating a professional coaching and educational environment for the improvement of players. It is frustrating that I have not been allowed the time to fully develop the required new culture and systems which I feel would have ensured the continued progress of the club."

"I understand that the Board were conscious of the short term aim of promotion and how this overrides all other considerations. Although I am disappointed to have had so little time to have had an impact on the players at the club and I wasn’t able to add many new players to the squad, there were some very positive developments during my time."

These two statements in particular could indicate hes going for unfair dismissal here.

Guest The One Vale Fan
Plans and ideas?? He couldnt organise a p*** up in a brewery

:D hahaha, tbh who would want go a brewery with him? ;)

the best bet for jim gannon to ever have a chance of being a success is with a club that has just finished a season having been relegated with all the staff and players leaving...then he could start from a fresh

even then his total inflexability with tactics and players would probably mean any short tearm success would be short lived

another one for the managerial scrap heap is our jim!!

Any manager who thinks that Exodus Geoghan adds something to the team is demented. The best defence in the whole football league wasn't achieved by a bunch of incompetants, defence wasn't our problem.

The man is officially off his head and will struggle to get another job in football I think.

Archived