onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jim Gannon Statement

valerule4ever

Advert

I am disappointed with the decision of Port Vale FC to terminate my contract especially as it comes so soon after my appointment at Vale Park. On taking the appointment I felt that we had a clear understanding about my style of coaching and management. The club was aware, and very positive at the time, about how I like to build my teams, my playing systems, and my aim of creating a professional coaching and educational environment for the improvement of players. It is frustrating that I have not been allowed the time to fully develop the required new culture and systems which I feel would have ensured the continued progress of the club. I understand that the Board were conscious of the short term aim of promotion and how this overrides all other considerations. Although I am disappointed to have had so little time to have had an impact on the players at the club and I wasn’t able to add many new players to the squad, there were some very positive developments during my time. I was extremely pleased with the immediate impacts of loan signings, Jay O’Shea and Tom Pope, who added vital winning goals in key matches, and the addition of Exodus Geoghaghon who significantly added to the defensive structure of the team in the absence of injured and suspended personnel. It has been a challenging time for me at Port Vale but I am proud of the effort and professionalism shown by the players, both on and off the field, and I feel I have personally tried to remain strong, professional and positive throughout.

The whole thing is hilarious. He makes the most turmbulant time in Vale's recent history sound like a sucsess.

If only he's have been given more time... who knows what heights we may have reached; just look at what he achieved in only 70 days.

Guest The One Vale Fan

I thought he would of been good manager if we appointed him at the start of the season, but because we were in the play offs and looking for promotion I thought it would be a really hard job to take over and get us promoted because he didn't know the players and it does take time to generate relationships and that was something we didn't have at the period of the season... the club was worried about the short term future of the club not the long term, in truth you were the man for long term.

Good luck Jim, good ideas, hope you get a club that respects your style and development which I did when you arrived at the club.

I thought he would of been good manager if we appointed him at the start of the season, but because we were in the play offs and looking for promotion I thought it would be a really hard job to take over and get us promoted because he didn't know the players and it does take time to generate relationships and that was something we didn't have at the period of the season... the club was worried about the short term future of the club not the long term, in truth you were the man for long term.

Good luck Jim, good ideas, hope you get a club that respects your style and development which I did when you arrived at the club.

All's Vale needed was someone who could lead and motivate. Ainsworth, who many felt would have been a daft idea. would have done far better a job than Gannon.

And he would have got on with Grew and Horsefield. So to the many who wanted Gannon, can they now stand up and say SORRY WE WERE WRONG?

Can the board??:rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with his plans, which is how we should be run. But as a man manager, he has to hand pick players who can stand him, and has got to go to a struggling club where there is chance of improvement, and time to do it.

His style was well known, and was not applicable to our situation where continuity was the key factor.

Guest The One Vale Fan
All's Vale needed was someone who could lead and motivate. Ainsworth, who many felt would have been a daft idea. would have done far better a job than Gannon.

And he would have got on with Grew and Horsefield. So to the many who wanted Gannon, can they now stand up and say SORRY WE WERE WRONG?

Can the board??:rolleyes:

If your looking for an opoligy from the supporters who wanted Gannon, then you have got no chance.

He had more ideas that Adams, Gannon wanted what was best for the club (developing young talented players, and Championship football- like Chaudry).

Adams thought of himself and was only using us as a stepping stone to get a better club elsewhere, and left us, where as still people like Adams and dislike Adams.

It's the players fault for Gannon's "failure" because they were so stuck up Adams **** they wouldn't perform for any other manager no matter who...

It's the players fault for Gannon's "failure" because they were so stuck up Adams **** they wouldn't perform for any other manager no matter who...

There might be an air of truth in that, but...

Saying the players weren't good enough in his first week in charge probably wasn't good. And then releasing a statement telling fans to stop protesting wasn't great either. Then I think perhaps dropping the best players in the team that had been in the top 3 for most of the season, that wasn't the best of plans.

Gannon's failure was his attitude. People might have been more understanding of his methods had he turned his ego down a notch.

Archived